[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

guardianru

Goo Poni

It looks like your modsconfig.xml could do with a quick change in build number to bring it up to date with Rimworld.

zenfur

I've had 3 lategame runs on your modpack and still I haven't figured out, how are you supposed to obtain carbon? To make carbon alloy.

Also with nitrite introduced, how can I get large quantities of this stuff? On non mountainous maps I barely see this thing.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Lascer

Tried this out. Found some major issues right from the beginning, making this unplayable. Maybe I'm missing something, or doing something wrong? Just getting into mods.

Started in a rainforest.
1. Cobras and Tarantulas appear to dislike each other. When one attacks the other, the cobra turns into a manhunter and comes after the colonists across the map.
2. It's not allowing the use of different materials to build things. For anything. Could not make a door (aluminum was the only option) to make the first room.
3. Mosquito death swarms. Seems this is a known issue.

ModPack looks interesting, but not if it's instant death rather than hardcore.

zoranjoza

guardianru

Quote from: Lascer on August 31, 2015, 03:05:10 PM
Tried this out. Found some major issues right from the beginning, making this unplayable. Maybe I'm missing something, or doing something wrong? Just getting into mods.

Started in a rainforest.
1. Cobras and Tarantulas appear to dislike each other. When one attacks the other, the cobra turns into a manhunter and comes after the colonists across the map.
2. It's not allowing the use of different materials to build things. For anything. Could not make a door (aluminum was the only option) to make the first room.

haha... yes. just use to add from the begining some stuff (many-many stuff!-)) ), get 7 colonists  with weapons and dig in that hellish mountains!-))) or some super-powered mortars of pirate siege attacks will vanish all out-))

zenfur

About that... you have a good point. In vanilla rimworld you get at the beggining lots of iron and wood logs which are needed for everything and recipes consists mostly of this stuff. You are able to build some useful stuff from this.

In this modpack however begginings are very boring and unappealing, sometimes also more challenging (esp. in challenging environments) because just with iron ore and wood logs you can't get the most needed stuff (butcher table, researching table)... You need to spend few days on basic stuff wasting your colonists' time for basic research. Food becomes a very big problem - your only early options are shrooms and if you are lucky enough - fishing. You can't hunt because you don't have butherer's table and potatoes won't grow fast enough to feed you early - even if they grow with just 8 seeds you are not going to get fed with just them. So 1 person is busy crafting 1 person is busy researching and 1 person must be building shelter/hauling - there's little time to get food anyways.

Because of these reasons I always prepare carefully and get instead 450 iron ore/wood logs - few spare parts, few steel parts, few wires and a bunch of wood planks and coal. Iron ore is usually scattered all around the map so it's not a problem, but copper ore and coal are not always easy to find.

I think it would be a generally good idea to by default give for start some spare parts/steel parts and wire instead just iron ore and wood logs. The idea is to be able to build anything useful out of it so the beginnings are more dynamic and interesting.

@edit: wait. herb medicine kit (not herbal medicine) has 130% medical potency, as much as glitter world medicine. I think something is not right here.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Alex.QTK

Quote from: Lascer on August 31, 2015, 03:05:10 PM
Started in a rainforest.

1. It's not really a bug but you can just change it as I will explain at 3.
2. No, you can build things using different materials but you need to have the materials first. So, for example, if you have planks and you want to build a research bench from planks, you will need to right click the research bench in the architect menu and select wood plank. If you however do not have the materials needed (in this case, the planks - or some other materials that the bench can be built from), nothing will happen when you will right click it.
3. Go to Mods\Enviro_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Insect_Enviro.xml then serach for the Mosquito defs and change <manhunterOnDamageChance>1</manhunterOnDamageChance> to <manhunterOnDamageChance>0</manhunterOnDamageChance>. You can also do this with other creatures that annoy you.

Also, there is a bug with the battery texture. To fix it you need to go to Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Power.xml. Specifically, search for the battery definition and change <drawSize>(1,2)</drawSize> to <drawSize>(2,3)</drawSize>

tagelconar

hey, can't seem to find where to make electronic chips, my electronic table can make advanced chips or electronic  components but I can't seem to find regular chips :s.

Alex.QTK

Quote from: tagelconar on August 31, 2015, 07:59:49 PM
hey, can't seem to find where to make electronic chips, my electronic table can make advanced chips or electronic  components but I can't seem to find regular chips :s.

It's just a spelling error. I also searched how to craft electronic chips a hell lot of time before actually realizing they are the same with electronic components:(

Avtomatik

Just started and having some problems...

To get a butcher table I need spare and steel parts. How to get them?
What is a must for having with you on embarkation?

RemingtonRyder

With enough time spent researching, you can get by with just the standard start, but if you can pile some extra meals in there that would be good.

You want to start by building a stone brick furnace to make steel bars. You need those to build the assembling table, which then lets you make spare parts, and if you combine spare parts and steel bars you can make steel parts. At least, that's what I remember!

Avtomatik

Thanks. Although I don't see any logic in making a player do all that stuff for a butcher table, which is essentially a normal table with a knife on it, other than to make it harder game-wise