[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

In next, removed rad. from depleted uranium, and some reduced uranium radiation. But there are lot bug reports from players, still bug fixes.

And.. it's 1k post. Congratulations  :)

Uglyr

Hmm... I don't get  electronics now. For "everything" I need Integrated circuits, but I don't know where to make it. First I thought it's "electronic components", but no: "Make electronic components" makes  "electronic components" which I see no use at a time. Is it  a bug or I need to research/build something?

Shtuka

Sky, as I can see Combat Realism included in your modpack, so why we have no weapons reload ammo system?

Shtuka

Also better to do something with random snow walls in HOT biomes  ;D

blub01

Quote from: Uglyr on September 15, 2015, 06:19:04 PM
Hmm... I don't get  electronics now. For "everything" I need Integrated circuits, but I don't know where to make it. First I thought it's "electronic components", but no: "Make electronic components" makes  "electronic components" which I see no use at a time. Is it  a bug or I need to research/build something?

there is a building "electronics factory" in the hightech tab. It needs to be connected directly to the power grid, and an electronics feeder(right next to it in the architect, looks like a hopper) with electronic components in it next to the factory.

EDIT: don't know if there's a special research required, but I don't think so.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

LordMunchkin

Hi, I was trying out your modpack and I find I can't produce the electronics table. Whenever my pawns finish building it, it disappears. It still takes all the resources though.

astrosoup

Were wooden doors removed in this? I have wood in a stockpile, as well as some iron, but my only choice is bamboo door. When I click on it I get an alert that says I don't have required materials.

Patitodo

Quote from: astrosoup on September 16, 2015, 09:45:46 AM
Were wooden doors removed in this? I have wood in a stockpile, as well as some iron, but my only choice is bamboo door. When I click on it I get an alert that says I don't have required materials.

You need to use saw mill to cut logs in wood planks in order to use as construction material.

PD: I've got same problem about integrated circuits, I can't get them anywhere

astrosoup

Ah. So I can't build doors/rooms in the very beginning? It won't let me build beds either. I guess I need a tutorial for this. Excited to try it though!

blub01

Quote from: astrosoup on September 16, 2015, 09:59:06 AM
Ah. So I can't build doors/rooms in the very beginning? It won't let me build beds either. I guess I need a tutorial for this. Excited to try it though!

quick overview for starting:
first, there is a special kind of wall(it has it's own icon in the architect), called wood log wall, which is made from(duh) wood logs.

these are the very first steps of progression:
wood planks are made in a hand sawmill, in the production tab.

those are (among other things) used to make a stonecutting table, also in the production tab.

the stone blocks made there can be used to build a smelting furnace, which smelts ore into metal bars.(btw, you need coal to make steel, or charcoal, which can be made at the furnace from wood logs)

then, you need an assembly table(30 wood planks and 70 steel bar, or the other way around I think), to make a lot of different "parts" to build pretty much everything(look at the bills of the assembly table), simple mechanisms(again, used in a bunch of buildings), and wire, required for everything power related, including conduits. those need either copper or aluminium ORE to be made, which can be mined like steel.

also, there's the research bench, which is a lot smaller than the vanilla bench, and can be made from different materials. I would recommend using planks for it.

And some tips for research:
for the research,  in general when you can't find a research for something, try researching the next level of either power, crafting, construction, or agriculture(those don't actually unlock a lot, but pretty much all research requires them researched first). An important research is baking, which allows building an oven where you can make baked potatos, because it takes a long time to get a cook stove and a power net, so you need something else to get meals. also important is mining(the one that needs 300 points), it allows you to drill a fissure into the earth and extract resources from it. It needs quite a bit of power, but it is a good way to get resources(the ores on the map just don't cut it), and the only way to get crude oil apart from trading, which is crucial for all high-end buildings.

If you have any questions, just ask here, I probably forgot something anyway, or just don't know it yet.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

astrosoup

Hah. I spawned in the ice sheet and used up my logs trying to build a room.. I guess I lost this one. I'll start over now that I know what I am doing. Usually I try to build shelter, but it sounds like I should get all the benches first.

Thanks for writing that up! Very helpful

EDIT: Tried again on the ice sheet and everyone quickly died of Hypothermia before I could saw enough planks for the stonecutters bench. Perhaps this isn't super compatible with that biome?

blub01

Quote from: astrosoup on September 16, 2015, 10:19:30 AM
Hah. I spawned in the ice sheet and used up my logs trying to build a room.. I guess I lost this one. I'll start over now that I know what I am doing. Usually I try to build shelter, but it sounds like I should get all the benches first.

Thanks for writing that up! Very helpful

EDIT: Tried again on the ice sheet and everyone quickly died of Hypothermia before I could saw enough planks for the stonecutters bench. Perhaps this isn't super compatible with that biome?

It's a lot harder than vanilla, and ice sheet is tough already. maybe try using the prepare carefully mod to get yourself more wood, and some wood seeds at the beginning? then you build a shelter around a geothermal spot with dirt, and put growing zones down, and then you start building benches. also, I would recommend playing a free play game on temperate forest to figure things out, because not knowing what you are doing is pretty annoying when it's hard already anyway.

Uglyr

Quote from: astrosoup on September 16, 2015, 10:19:30 AM
Ice sheet needs a bit different approach but have some bonuses. You need to build walls quickly and there is ideal snow wall for it. So after the fall you should find good spot nearby (better with geothermal) that need not much walls to build. Better near the mountain. Then equip weapons to colonists and make one move there - with wood and food. There designate one colonist to collect snow, the other one to build sawmill, third can haul 1-2 times more. When there is enough snow - build snow walls for your room with 1 tile exit. When sawmill is ready make some kindling and then campfire. After that move all you colonist inside and build last wall on exit. Now you are "inside" and temp will go up. Next days you deconstruct one tile and send someone for hauling the rest nearby resources, others should work on developing colony. Before getting serious hypotermia seal the passage again. And so on until you aquire parts and build normal door.

LordMunchkin

Is it normal that the work menu is missing text in this modpack? Sorry, I'm new.  ;D I just want to know if I messed up something.

blub01

Quote from: LordMunchkin on September 16, 2015, 08:39:16 PM
Is it normal that the work menu is missing text in this modpack? Sorry, I'm new.  ;D I just want to know if I messed up something.

what do you mean by "missing text"? everything seems normal to me.