[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Cheshire on October 12, 2015, 06:47:41 PM
I've been wondering if this is a good idea.

It's manhunter pack of 250-300 enraged mosquitos. Colony is fairly fresh bit above 200 days with 6 people on board. I can understand raptors or some other dangerous beasts. But this up there makes the cpu cry and I can imagine how much more of these little nasty beasties can people get on bigger colonies.
Solotion is simple, chuck a few Molotov on em' and they'll cease to exist.

Geroj

So what I experienced so far and is kinda weird or just bug/unpolished/unbalanced

-Last stages of heat wave/cold snap are very high, even in my temperate climate I got -60C cold snap or +70C heat wave which pretty much wiped out anything
-Some weapons are great like heavy smg and some like survival rifle (which is bolt action rifle I guess) are horrible, even normal 9mm pistol is lot better than slow, 3 rounds in mag, inaccurate like hell survival rifle
-VSS sniper rifle is called thread cutter ...?
-electronic components need ridiculous amount of resources -15 copper parts, 50 wires, 15 spare parts (which are 30 metal bars each)
-Some animals have very little meat like deer/stag or boars, but on other hand flies and mosquitoes are meaty, or that large spider or wolf
-Antibiotics last very short time and add only 10%

Shtuka

Just tried this hardcore after ninefingers modpack. But this one is really bad and unplayable at all. Seems like mod pack creator do not test it at all. There is a lot of errors, mechanics are broken, and half of mod doesn't work properly, even force shields cannot block direct projectiles!  :-\

Geroj

Quote from: Shtuka on October 13, 2015, 09:18:45 AM
Just tried this hardcore after ninefingers modpack. But this one is really bad and unplayable at all. Seems like mod pack creator do not test it at all. There is a lot of errors, mechanics are broken, and half of mod doesn't work properly, even force shields cannot block direct projectiles!  :-\

It is playable, there are some small errors but mechanics are not broken at all
And I must say that I like this one lot more than ninefingers modpack

blub01

maybe you just didn't figure them out correctly? a lot of stuff in this modpack is very, very complex. I suggest you try experimenting using a freeplay colonie with dev mode and all, to figure everything out.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Vagabond

Yeeeeeea.... I agree with the others. You're doing something wrong. I hopped in having never played this modpack, or even the game since version 8... So I was learning base game mechanics and mod mechanics all at once - First colony wiped before I could build a geothermal genny... Second colony wiped to a bunch of tribals right after I build my first geothermal genny... Third colony has just gotten it's first geothermal genny and is going strong. . .

Shtuka

I made a clean installation already and tested with dev mod. Force shields still did not work.

Geroj

Quote from: Shtuka on October 13, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
I made a clean installation already and tested with dev mod. Force shields still did not work.

I am still in "how the hell I am supposed to create plastic" phase so I cant say
But seriously, I have machine that need crude oil to create basically everything I need to move on more advanced benches ....how to mine crude oil? Even biofuel plant need synthetic materials(which need plastic, rubber and all that crap made from crude oil)  :D

EDIT
nevermind, found out myself
BUT after creating large stock of polymers that petrochemical plant is doing nothing, all recipes have enough resources but it seems that plant is bugged and its "entry point" is inside of plant and colonists cant reach it

Xactla

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

User guide for correct install.
1. Delete or transfer to another place all mods in Rimworld mods folder, except main "Core".
2. Go to:
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder

I have problem because in work I have XP and aparently I don't have there LocalLow folder.
Any sugestions how to abble to work this pack?

andbruu

What research unlocks sugar for planting? Done with agri 2, veg, fruit, and candi crafting, but still not able to plant sugar.

DarknessLilly

to those having issues. not that this will fix every ones problem but it might fix some of it. 1 if you installed a mod pack before this one. you need to delete the core folder and reinstall it.... sadly mod packs add something into the core mod folder. i found installing this mod pack after uninstalling the other guys mod pack...... and not deleting the core folder and reinstalling it caused bad bad things to happen. on the same note after installing mods in game its best to close game and reopen it and make new worlds and colonies. any changes to the mods and i mean any at all no matter how small can and probably will mess with your worlds and colonies. this has been my experience. i hope this helps even a little.

Xactla

Si it looks that I needed to open .xml file in browser and manually with Edb_ModOrder put mods with list order.

Halwar

I have a problem, i`m new to the SK Modpack. I hope anybody can tell me how to make "integrated circuits". At my Electronics Table im only able to produce electronic components.
Ps: Im sorry for my bad english  :-X :-\

sangdrax

Quote from: Geroj on October 13, 2015, 05:15:57 PM

I am still in "how the hell I am supposed to create plastic" phase so I cant say
But seriously, I have machine that need crude oil to create basically everything I need to move on more advanced benches ....how to mine crude oil? Even biofuel plant need synthetic materials(which need plastic, rubber and all that crap made from crude oil)  :D

EDIT
BUT after creating large stock of polymers that petrochemical plant is doing nothing, all recipes have enough resources but it seems that plant is bugged and its "entry point" is inside of plant and colonists cant reach it

Yes the Petrochemical plant is broken, you can fix it by changing the interactionCellOffset to (0,0,-2) in Mods\Tech_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Production_Tech.xml for the Petrochemical plant.
For the lazy ppl i added the fixed file :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Geroj

Quote from: sangdrax on October 15, 2015, 09:12:53 AM
Quote from: Geroj on October 13, 2015, 05:15:57 PM

EDIT

Yes the Petrochemical plant is broken, you can fix it by changing the interactionCellOffset to (0,0,-2) in Mods\Tech_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Production_Tech.xml for the Petrochemical plant.
For the lazy ppl i added the fixed file :)

Yeah I done it myself after I spent some time searching where that file is located (of course it was almost in last folder :D )
But thanks, this will be helpful for others