[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ribosome

johncrition, it's the electronics table under high tech.  I don't remember what tech you need for it, but it's not much.  You will need a lot of copper to get it running though.

On another note, does anyone have any clue how to get the petrochemical plant to work?  it looks like the place for my colonists to work it is clipped inside, and they all refuse to work there.  Nothing pops up when I right click it.  I have plenty of sulphur and polymers, so that's not the issue.

pajok

Power I - Electronics table , Power II - Electonics factory (Hi-tech category both).  Table - Make electronics components 
Factory+Feeder - Change resource button - Make circuits.....

Petrochemical plant is broken, you can fix it by changing the interactionCellOffset to
(0,0,-2) in Mods\Tech_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Production_Tech.xml for the Petrochemical plant.
Sangdrax corrected and attached this file.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Geroj

Is it me or that weapon realism balance is balanced only for humans and animals(which are pretty much useless for combat now) but not for mechanoids? They are like sponges, they just keep soaking bullets, even smaller one (scyther?) need 20 hits from fuking 50. cal until it die

TLHeart

Quote from: Geroj on October 17, 2015, 04:41:12 AM
Is it me or that weapon realism balance is balanced only for humans and animals(which are pretty much useless for combat now) but not for mechanoids? They are like sponges, they just keep soaking bullets, even smaller one (scyther?) need 20 hits from fuking 50. cal until it die

CR is balanced for the mechs, the mod author INCREASED the strength of the mechs, so that they are more deadly and harder to defeat with 50 cal bullets...have to use a combined type assault of other weapons... mortars grenades....

Encadi

Is it me or mod economy is completly and utterly fucked?

You need spare parts for everything
You need melt metals to craft spare parts
You need spare parts to craft a melter also alot other non basic mats

If you run out of spare parts before u make a smelter you are screwed sicne you cant trade for them or do anything, why is a trade beacon even needed for land trade?

Anyway can we fix and be smart about game economy please?

Geroj

Quote from: TLHeart on October 17, 2015, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: Geroj on October 17, 2015, 04:41:12 AM

CR is balanced for the mechs, the mod author INCREASED the strength of the mechs, so that they are more deadly and harder to defeat with 50 cal bullets...have to use a combined type assault of other weapons... mortars grenades....

So basically turrets are overpowered, so mechs are stronger to reflect that ...and then there are small weapons carried by your soldiers and they make almost zero damage to mechs AND have lot shorter range, well at least most of them
Problem is when terminators or mechs "pay you a visit" into living room and you have only small arms to defend it like smgs and pistols ...its pain in the ass, one terminator need truckload of bullets from pistol

I think best would be to take back changes on mechs and actually rebalance turrets, maybe add siege mechs to punish players who rely on static defenses, because at it is its about creating concrete fort with lots of cannons and rocket static launchers

P.S.
How to get carbon?

DrTouch

Hey, so I downloaded your modpack, and everything is working perfectly, but I was wondering if I want to play the Zombie Apocalypse with the modpack, do I just add it in, or do I have to do something else?

ChaoticTabris

I noticed that to make Integrated Circuits i need Integrated Circuits. Is it intended or some kind of bug?

Geroj

Quote from: ChaoticTabris on October 18, 2015, 12:22:11 AM
I noticed that to make Integrated Circuits i need Integrated Circuits. Is it intended or some kind of bug?

Electronics factory, there is no need for integrated circuits there, just electronic components

Encadi

How do you first get electronic components for the first research bench?

DNK

Quote from: Encadi on October 17, 2015, 04:55:09 PM

If you run out of spare parts before u make a smelter you are screwed sicne you cant trade for them or do anything, why is a trade beacon even needed for land trade?

Agreed, economy is broken. It's put me off from playing any further for now. Also ridiculous conversion ratios... 40 steel bars for 6 steel parts? Where'd the rest of the metal go, did it disintegrate into the air? And for some reason we need spare parts to make steel parts, even though every construction that requires steel parts also requires spare parts again?

Just tedious micro.

Also the tech info needs an overhaul since it's so opaque right now. Why can't you just say exactly what each tech opens up? Since this isn't a Civ-like tech tree where they have little icons with mouse-over popups, you really need to write it all out. I quickly grew tired of stumbling through the tech tree to figure out what opened up what techs, and then just to find once I built the workbench that it required yet further techs/items I didn't have.

I'm waiting for a far more refined mod version before playing any more. I'm just not masochistic enough for this right now, nor do I have the time to wade through the lack of easily accessible information. I like a lot of the content, but there's just so many rough edges.

Encadi

Quote from: DNK on October 18, 2015, 11:45:09 AM
Quote from: Encadi on October 17, 2015, 04:55:09 PM

Agreed, economy is broken. It's put me off from playing any further for now. Also ridiculous conversion ratios... 40 steel bars for 6 steel parts? Where'd the rest of the metal go, did it disintegrate into the air? And for some reason we need spare parts to make steel parts, even though every construction that requires steel parts also requires spare parts again?

Just tedious micro.

Also the tech info needs an overhaul since it's so opaque right now. Why can't you just say exactly what each tech opens up? Since this isn't a Civ-like tech tree where they have little icons with mouse-over popups, you really need to write it all out. I quickly grew tired of stumbling through the tech tree to figure out what opened up what techs, and then just to find once I built the workbench that it required yet further techs/items I didn't have.

I'm waiting for a far more refined mod version before playing any more. I'm just not masochistic enough for this right now, nor do I have the time to wade through the lack of easily accessible information. I like a lot of the content, but there's just so many rough edges.

Agreed, economy revamp should be top priority for the mod people atm its completly bonkers and has to many dead ends.

Foleus

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to get rid of Radiation? My colonists keep constantly getting radiation and everytime I treat them by making them go to a medical bed, getting medicine, and then recovering.. but it keeps coming back over and over, and they've only been around the home area.

talesin

Is there any way I can disable the romance mod and delete it's traits while still using this modpack?  I play this game with my son and would rather play a cool sci-fi story instead of "The Young and Restless in Space". LOL

TheGentlmen

Quote from: talesin on October 18, 2015, 10:47:15 PM
Is there any way I can disable the romance mod and delete it's traits while still using this modpack?  I play this game with my son and would rather play a cool sci-fi story instead of "The Young and Restless in Space". LOL
You let him watch you incap/kill, disect and butcher people but don't want him to see the lovemaking job(Whitch doesn't do anything) and a few traits?

Priorities a tad off?

You'll most likely have to go manually throu the files removing all references to the lovemaking mod. If lucky you might be able to just disable the mod.