[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

wijabe

Hi,
This mod offers a really deep gaming experience. Thank you!
However, I have some troubles with the mortars, which didn't seem to work. Even if the shell are loaded, and there is someone operating them, they won't shoot. I tried with the incendiary mortars. Even during a siege, the attackers were not able to use them.
I saw that some people had the same problem earlier in this trend. Anybody can offer a solution?
Thank you!

skyarkhangel

Quote from: wijabe on November 24, 2015, 12:12:07 PM
Hi,
This mod offers a really deep gaming experience. Thank you!
However, I have some troubles with the mortars, which didn't seem to work. Even if the shell are loaded, and there is someone operating them, they won't shoot. I tried with the incendiary mortars. Even during a siege, the attackers were not able to use them.
I saw that some people had the same problem earlier in this trend. Anybody can offer a solution?
Thank you!

in 2.4 all works fine. tested again.
Colonist with no patience to violence can't use turrets too.

silverskin

I'm very mixed on this mod. On the one hand, I like the complexity. On the other, it's made some things almost tedious. The number of steps you have to go through now to build a simple bed can mean half of my people will have suffered multiple mental breakdowns before the first house is built.
And the requirements to build basic power and move to hydroponics are that high that a desert or tundra biome is pretty much impossible without 'preparing carefully' by adding lots of extra resources to your start. Going for temperate woodland feels like wussing out, though, so I'll keep struggling in the desert. Don't know what I'll do when some idiot finally decides to add water as a necessity.

I like the modpack, sky. It's a lot of good work. And it'll make it much more satisfying when I've finally got my colony built.

Masquerine

So starting out now you have a short table, but no stools. If you place a table your pawns will sometimes use and most of the time not use it, because there's nothing to sit on to eat with. So I've got a table and they are eating off of the ground and getting uncomfortable from the lack of chairs. Kind of defeats the point in starting with a table if they won't use it.

I like the use of cloth/leather for beds instead of wood. Helps give those materials a use for starting out and less demand on wood/steel, which there is already plenty of.

The spare part default material selection should probably only have steel enabled instead of all metals. I didn't notice that at first and was wondering where all my copper was going - getting wasted on spare parts. Mechanisms on the other hand only allow steel, which I'm fine with. Uranium going into spare parts would seem odd as well.

Without the seed mod (dislike how tedious seed count is/unable to plant seeds you have not researched yet), starting out you can plant all tree types except cactus. Seems a bit strange to be trying to grow oak or other trees in a desert when there are plenty of cactus growing, but you're unable to plant any of your own.

In the interface options the edB.MainTabs.Prefs is displaying a list of the options, except they all say the same thing (this is for hiding the bottom menu bars). They should be listing what the bars are instead of Edb.MainTabs.Prefs.HideTabs.Option.
EdB.TabReplacement.Prefs is doing a similar thing, but at least it tells you what it's doing at the end of it. Still should get fixed as well.

When viewing an equipped infused item that a pawn has from their gear menu, the infused stats are displayed multiple times for the same thing. Like a doctor's pincers of heat resistance has the stats of "provides basic heat resistance" listed three identical times. Looking at the same item's details when not equipped and on the ground has it listed correctly with just one time.

A hungry animal event alert says "letterlabelhungryanimal" instead of "hungry animal".

The coal hopper for the coal power plant should allow charcoal to be used as fuel. It currently only allows coal ore and peat. As charcoal can be used as a substitute for coal in making bars, it should be the same as a fuel source in the coal power plant. Otherwise you need to start forbidding coal as you mine it so they don't use it on bars, leaving your power plants unfed as your charcoal pile grows.

While you do have it as an optional mod, the crash landing feels a bit overwhelming if you leave it at the default 10-20 crashes on game start. I enjoyed it much more when I reduced down to 5-10 at the start. Didn't touch the random events as those felt fine as is. Just a suggestion to modify that one down if you intend to leave it in as an optional mod, people would enjoy it more that way.

That's all that I've noticed so far that has bothered me.

MightyGooga

Hmm following the mood of masquerine. I did notice that some of the resarch topics are showing two levels of the same technology. Ie. Medicine (II) and Medicine (III). Is this meant to be?

Xbalanque

It's correct? installed modpack and have 52 mods in the list of active mods in the game (Just to know)

Bohb Daishi

I ran into a nasty that causes big lag spikes every few seconds.

-The save file starts just before the bug first starts happening. Everything is fine, until the sunrise and it gets to exactly 85% light level outside.
-This lag always starts on this exact moment on the calendar date in the game, even after going back 5 autosaves history.
-Once the lag starts, it doesn't appear to ever end. It only (sort of) goes away during the night.

Caveat: Crash Landing is activated as the last item on the mod order list. In addition, I also have "Mad Skills" mod in this game, but I know it's not causing the problem.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kohkae

Great Pack ! I really want to try. Unfortunately, I followed the installation and I have a black screen when I start the game I have not touched the Core folder .... :/

karloss99

Quote from: kohkae on November 28, 2015, 09:10:17 AM
Great Pack ! I really want to try. Unfortunately, I followed the installation and I have a black screen when I start the game I have not touched the Core folder .... :/

Hmm... Did you copy over the config file? To the correct place? Did you override the core folder files with the ones from the mod? Did you wait for a few minutes at black-screen (the game can take a while to start up with all those mods)? Did you put in on a clean install?

Also the system requirements would go up from this pack. It adds a lot of stuff.

Yes, that is a checklist.

MightyGooga

Just a wuick chek. Is anyone having problems with the eletricsawmill in this latest version? It wont allow me to prioritize the job, and my colonist seem to be ignoring the bill over there. I already checked workscreen and i have plenty crafting people

kohkae

Greath Thank Karloss ! I play on mac.

- Did you copy over the config file? To the correct place?
Yes and yes ! I also deleted all the files before copying the new modsconfig.xml
- Did you override the core folder files with the ones from the mod?
Yes !
- Did you wait for a few minutes at black-screen (the game can take a while to start up with all those mods)?
1-2 minutes Before, 10 minutes now ;D
-Did you put in on a clean install?
Yes !

SO ! And again i have the black screen and i waiting 10 minutes (2011 mac).

I tried a mac option when i was copying core folder : fusion.  It's working now and i have some troubles  in the debug window (This does not always appears). However i can start a game and can play several hours without problems.

skyarkhangel

Thank you, next 2.4b update already in test.
https://yadi.sk/d/bMi7s15fkpUgQ

One of the great feature: Realised compatibility Combat Realism + WeaponEffects.

I don't make CR+WeaponEffects for vanilla version. Only for Hardcore SK. Author of WE can make compatibility for vanilla.
Please, full reinstall on clear  rimworld version.

krulin

Question, what storage options are there with this mod? I saw the nano-storage and I've saw a few specialty containers like medical storage crate. The nano-storage has the problem that it doesn't seem to add the items to the global resource list, so I'm not a huge fan. I saw on the mod list that there is a "containers for stuff" mod, but I've yet to see the containers it has or at least one that is just a general container. In the screenshot on that mod's thread it shows a container with weapons and steel ore in it (two completely different item types).

Also, I think there needs to be some balance addressed when it comes to tableware being required for eating. Maybe make it so tableware is required to build a table. That way it's only a one time thing or at least once per table. It makes no sense that we constantly have to build tableware to make meals. It's like my colonist eat their forks at the end of the meal.  :(

Other than that, I love the modpack. Keep up the good works guys.

karloss99

Quote from: kohkae on November 29, 2015, 03:09:40 AM
Greath Thank Karloss ! I play on mac.

- Did you copy over the config file? To the correct place?
Yes and yes ! I also deleted all the files before copying the new modsconfig.xml
- Did you override the core folder files with the ones from the mod?
Yes !
- Did you wait for a few minutes at black-screen (the game can take a while to start up with all those mods)?
1-2 minutes Before, 10 minutes now ;D
-Did you put in on a clean install?
Yes !

SO ! And again i have the black screen and i waiting 10 minutes (2011 mac).

I tried a mac option when i was copying core folder : fusion.  It's working now and i have some troubles  in the debug window (This does not always appears). However i can start a game and can play several hours without problems.

Honestly have no idea about mac inner workings, but sounds like it should be fine now. As for the debug window sometimes popping up, happens for me too (win8.1) so I put it up as a compatibility between mods/small bug thing. Haven't met any game-killing bugs yet, so yea.

MightyGooga

Sky,

Can you take a look at the eletric saw mill table? I think there might be a bug there. Im not able to rightclick it to prioritize tasks. I know its not your mod, but maybe there is a tweak in the configurations to adjust that.