[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

BajtMe

New to the whole modpack thing, but this one looks nice so i thought i'd give it a go.  :)

I have one question though. Seeing as this modpack appears to be modular (separate mod folders), does that mean i can choose to not use some of the mods or are they dependant on each other?

Edit: Should probably have read the above post first. Nm, i'm an idiot. :D

Girlinhat

I can't generate a world.  I click 'generate' and the button depresses, then goes back to normal, and nothing happens.  Can click again but does the same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb.

Chestnutcute

Quote from: Chestnutcute on December 06, 2015, 07:12:24 AM
is droid even still available to craft? cant seems to find it

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 06, 2015, 01:02:08 PM
Droids not updated to A12 yet.

Just want to say thank you for the reply , cleared my doubts , been looking through the forum and searching for an answer.  ;)

Kais23

Ok, this is gonna sound really stupid, but what do I need in order to build doors? Each time I log into my world its either a titanium door or a carbon alloy door, and I cannot change the type. Tried right and left clicking the door icon, each time it just says that I don't have enough materials to build it and won't show me other types. Got a few structure researches done too.
And how do you make carbon alloy? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Masquerine

Quote from: Kais23 on December 08, 2015, 09:28:43 AM
Ok, this is gonna sound really stupid, but what do I need in order to build doors? Each time I log into my world its either a titanium door or a carbon alloy door, and I cannot change the type. Tried right and left clicking the door icon, each time it just says that I don't have enough materials to build it and won't show me other types. Got a few structure researches done too.

You can change material types on structures and such once you acquire materials to do so (left or right click, depending on your settings). In the case of doors, you'd either need wooden planks from the sawmill or metal bars from the smelting furnace. Wooden logs from trees can't be used for doors, has to be refined to planks first. 10 logs gets turned into 15 planks. You may need to set some stockpiles for it to find the materials first.

Carbon is made at the petrochemical plant with coal, rubber and polymers. Rubber is also made there with sulfur and polymers. Polymer comes from refining crude oil at the oil refinery. Crude oil is one of the possible resources from the mine extractor. In order to place a mine extractor, you must first build a drilling rig and set it to create a large fissure. Once the progress hits 0% (countdown from 100%), it'll leave a fissure. Build the extractor on top of it and you can get a steady source of resources of your choosing as long as the building has power. Extractor lasts for 150 days. Rigs/extractors needs to be placed about 20 tiles from each other when you plan to make more, so keep that in mind for base layout. Extractors give you materials like rocks, iron, copper, uranium, crude oil and other related things. Only one resource type at a time. So if you want coal, it'll only produce coal until you switch it.

Edit: Just got the missing animal bug a couple others described, happened to a rimdog in my case. Picture attached shows an error on its info card. Gamelog shows the error as well rapidly rising in the multiple thousands of counts.

Edit2: When pawns haul seeds, they take large amounts like any other item. Seeds get stacked in large piles too. When they go to plant however, they only take 5 seeds at a time. This makes planting extremely tedious even with close stockpiles. Not to mention that every single growing zone would need its own unique seed stockpile that is protected from sun damage/decay. No wonder people disable this seed mod. >.<

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kais23

Quote from: Masquerine on December 08, 2015, 10:13:20 AM
Quote from: Kais23 on December 08, 2015, 09:28:43 AM

You can change material types on structures and such once you acquire materials to do so (left or right click, depending on your settings). In the case of doors, you'd either need wooden planks from the sawmill or metal bars from the smelting furnace. Wooden logs from trees can't be used for doors, has to be refined to planks first. 10 logs gets turned into 15 planks. You may need to set some stockpiles for it to find the materials first.

Carbon is made at the petrochemical plant with coal, rubber and polymers. Rubber is also made there with sulfur and polymers. Polymer comes from refining crude oil at the oil refinery. Crude oil is one of the possible resources from the mine extractor. In order to place a mine extractor, you must first build a drilling rig and set it to create a large fissure. Once the progress hits 0% (countdown from 100%), it'll leave a fissure. Build the extractor on top of it and you can get a steady source of resources of your choosing as long as the building has power. Extractor lasts for 150 days. Rigs/extractors needs to be placed about 20 tiles from each other when you plan to make more, so keep that in mind for base layout. Extractors give you materials like rocks, iron, copper, uranium, crude oil and other related things. Only one resource type at a time. So if you want coal, it'll only produce coal until you switch it.

Edit: Just got the missing animal bug a couple others described, happened to a rimdog in my case. Picture attached shows an error on its info card. Gamelog shows the error as well rapidly rising in the multiple thousands of counts.

Edit2: When pawns haul seeds, they take large amounts like any other item. Seeds get stacked in large piles too. When they go to plant however, they only take 5 seeds at a time. This makes planting extremely tedious even with close stockpiles.

Sweet, thanks for the help! Guess I'm not far enough to get the carbon alloy yet.

utl

I've had several animals go invisible on me now since using this pack. I've grabbed the exception you get when you select the animal in the status box:

I'm hoping someone might have an idea which individual mod this could come from. I'm thinking maybe the extended animal behaviour thing?
Now this time it was an animal I was hunting that was sleeping at the time. It got shot, went invisible, the hunter stopped in his tracks but the hunting icon remained in place allowing me to select it.

Before this it was usually the starting pets and only the dogs where I noticed this bug. The first time I noticed it was a rimwolf which fell unconcious because of malnutrition. I told a colonist to rescue it and it poofed out of existence when he got to it. The next two times I just suddenly noticed they were gone. Focussing them through the tamed animal menu didn't even show the outline.

Edit: And another animal disappeared, this time a maddened megascarab. Interestingly enough right next to the lacosdile from above, I only noticed because of the icon:

Edit2:
Tried a new world with some changes, everything worked fine at first but when loading my save my dog was gone again. This time I checked the logfile and there seem to be three possibly related exceptions:
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndSelector (System.Object source, System.Object selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[StatModifier,StatDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpController.HelpForBuildable (Verse.BuildableDef buildableDef, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpController.ResolveThingDefList (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 thingDefs, CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpCategoryDef category) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpController.ResolveApparel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpController.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModController.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

was thrown first, then
Exception in LookDictionary: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.ResearchProjectDef,System.Single].Add (Verse.ResearchProjectDef key, Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookDictionary[ResearchProjectDef,Single] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& dict, System.String label, LookMode keyLookMode, LookMode valueLookMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

was thrown about 30 times and finally
Exception drawing LabradorRetriever52894: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.PawnUtility.GetPosture (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc, RotDrawMode bodyDrawType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

gets thrown constantly, probably with every draw cycle.

At first glance it looks to me like some form of null-pointer reference which is not properly contained. It is used as an attribute somewhere which is given to LookDictionary as an argument. I'm guessing LookDictionary is part of loading up the savefile. Finally during the drawcycles the animal basically contains that same wrong reference?
Pure guesswork with the errors as generic as they are and no knowledge of rimworld code. I was thinking of disabling some parts of the pack to see what changes but noticed that the additional dogs are actually included in the Core_SK mod. The Biodiversity mod which I originally suspected seems to not be actualy in the latest pack? Either way, seems like not using the modpack for now is the only option.

Windsong

Picked up this mod after seeing Blitzkriegsler give it a shot (minus the crash landing parts).

Can create grow zones and everything. But the colonists refuse to grow anything but haygrass. They clear the grass as if they're going to plant things, yet they never plant anything despite having Agriculture 1 already researched.

TLHeart

Quote from: Windsong on December 09, 2015, 12:18:57 PM
Picked up this mod after seeing Blitzkriegsler give it a shot (minus the crash landing parts).

Can create grow zones and everything. But the colonists refuse to grow anything but haygrass. They clear the grass as if they're going to plant things, yet they never plant anything despite having Agriculture 1 already researched.

you need seeds for each individual plant

Windsong

Quote from: TLHeart on December 09, 2015, 12:19:41 PM
Quote from: Windsong on December 09, 2015, 12:18:57 PM

you need seeds for each individual plant

That easy, huh?

Shame on me. Thank you!

Also, screw tarantulas. Lost 2 colonists to random spider attacks.

Masquerine

Odd bug with prisoners. If you capture a prisoner, patch them up and set to release them while they are still "in shock", then they won't heal and nobody will interact with them. No food delivery, nobody can warden to release. Nothing. Had to set them back to "friendly chat" instead of "release" to get them to be fed and healed up. I thought it was strange how someone could still have minor gunshot wound injuries for a week, with them having been bandaged.

They didn't get any infections, it's as if their health was put on hold for injuries. They still got malnourished from no food though. Strange but fixable. Just don't try to release until they are up and moving.

tincanhuman

Played this modpack with Crash landing and Zombie Apocolypse,foumd some odd bugs:

1.Burning zombies will be ignored.Once a zombie was cought on fire,you pawns wont shoot at them anymore.You must shoot them manually like they were neutral.Mechanoid and pirates ignored burning zombies too,if all zombies were burning they will stuck,keep "standing"until zombies attacked them in meele.

2.Zombies hate my turrets.If you protect the turrets with walls and fence so zombies cant reach them,the main zombie horde will keep waiting,even  someone is firing at them at point-blank range.

3.Sometimes an unfinished bionic will be titlied as"mechanisim"and stuck when work amounts reaches 0...

utl

Oh and another bug I noticed, the butcher table seems to be missing an option to butcher fish even though campfire and grill both allow the fish meat to be used for cooking.

axeladalidez

I have a Problem when trying to load a World , I can't see what mod causes the crash but After pressing the load button it does nothing.

Jan2607

Is it possible to disable some of the mods included in this pack?
There are much mods I want to have, but there are a few mods I don't need/I don't want to have.