[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

onenonlynova

hey guys, is the most recent version from git playable? as i do not seem to be able to craft spare parts. i wanted to get one of the test versions because the animals are working in the git versions of the modpack.

Masquerine

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 20, 2015, 10:11:39 PM

I am looking for an assistant, which helps to correct descriptions for items, buildings, researches etc.

I can help you with doing that. Let me know how you want me to go about it and I'll get right on it.

Nice save

Is the CrashLanding DLL included in this pack modified from the standalone mod? I'd quite like to customise it from the source in Katavrik's thread.

MightyGooga

I asked a question about storage of weed, and someone wrote that it was under foods, and then drugs. I checked that and its not there.
I cant seem to find a way to storage weed. Can anyone help?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 21, 2015, 09:24:20 PM
I asked a question about storage of weed, and someone wrote that it was under foods, and then drugs. I checked that and its not there.
I cant seem to find a way to storage weed. Can anyone help?

ohh, yes in 2.4b bug with this. in test github version already fixed.

Quote from: Nice save on December 21, 2015, 07:40:28 PM
Is the CrashLanding DLL included in this pack modified from the standalone mod? I'd quite like to customise it from the source in Katavrik's thread.

As I remember, yes. Added translation.

Moo

Love the mod! Exactly what I'm looking for in a Rimworld mod :)

I do have some quibbles however. Mostly pertaining to meals.

My guys are not vegetarian. Why can't I make meat based meals? I just had a colony starve to death surrounded by nice butchered meat that they wouldn't cook because my potatoes weren't ready yet.

Related; tableware. Really? Call me crazy but IRL I'm not willing to starve to death because I don't have a fork.

Many good decisions went into this mod but these two issues seem really... please forgive me, stupid.

karloss99

Quote from: Moo on December 22, 2015, 11:30:42 AM
Love the mod! Exactly what I'm looking for in a Rimworld mod :)

I do have some quibbles however. Mostly pertaining to meals.

My guys are not vegetarian. Why can't I make meat based meals? I just had a colony starve to death surrounded by nice butchered meat that they wouldn't cook because my potatoes weren't ready yet.

Related; tableware. Really? Call me crazy but IRL I'm not willing to starve to death because I don't have a fork.

Many good decisions went into this mod but these two issues seem really... please forgive me, stupid.

Grill makes roasts and jerky. I almost always start with hunt-grill-jerky option until a fridge can be set up (they last for ~30 days!). For tableware.. well yea. But you can use clay from shallow water or glass from sand (that you will have plenty from making stone blocks) instead of metal.

Moo

Ah right the grill. Forgot about that. Isn't jerky hugely inefficient though? It's been a long time since I last played so please forgive my possibly outdated or completely erroneous knowledge :D

TheWelp

Hey, I've been using your latest version on the git and I've been having a blast, the fact you don't have to make parts anymore is really useful and I like how much more important silver is than just being money (as its in all of your electronic parts).

I've gotten all the way up to the mining drill at this point and have been having trouble with placing it down. It looks like no matter where I try to place it it gives the "You cannot place that here!" message on the screen.  Does it have to be placed on certain terrain or do I have to do something else first?

Blastmcpt

Hi ive been having a pretty bad problem with this mod for whatever reason when my characters go onto a faster floor and they have bionic parts that make them faster they completely disappear they are still there though because you can click on them but they are completely gone if i need to post a picture let me know because this problem is super annoying.  any help would be appreciated

karloss99

Quote from: Moo on December 22, 2015, 02:29:59 PM
Ah right the grill. Forgot about that. Isn't jerky hugely inefficient though? It's been a long time since I last played so please forgive my possibly outdated or completely erroneous knowledge :D

Well, it IS extremely basic food, so yea. I treat it as a "in case of emergency" option. Beats eating raw meat.

skullywag

Quote from: Blastmcpt on December 23, 2015, 12:26:55 AM
Hi ive been having a pretty bad problem with this mod for whatever reason when my characters go onto a faster floor and they have bionic parts that make them faster they completely disappear they are still there though because you can click on them but they are completely gone if i need to post a picture let me know because this problem is super annoying.  any help would be appreciated

Known bug with the game. Pawns have a max speed of i think 12 cells a seconds if they go to fast this happens. Theres some seriously rediculous stuff if this pack lets you go this fast. Shouldnt happen.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Masquerine

Quote from: TheWelp on December 22, 2015, 11:45:18 PM
I've gotten all the way up to the mining drill at this point and have been having trouble with placing it down. It looks like no matter where I try to place it it gives the "You cannot place that here!" message on the screen.  Does it have to be placed on certain terrain or do I have to do something else first?

New github version is changing how that process works. Now there is the mine extractor, hi tech mine extractor, drilling rig and oil extractor. In order to make use of these now, you need to first use a mobile mineral sonar. The sonar uses power to scan the ground and rock walls. It will find hidden mineral deposits, rare hidden mineral deposits, deposits of crude oil and specific ores (iron, copper, bauxite, ect in rock walls). Hidden deposits show up on the scanner as a green dot, and if you click on that spot you can see what type it is.

Hidden mineral deposits can have a mine extractor placed on top of it to retrieve rock chunks, iron ore, copper ore, bauxite ore, pyrolusite ore, coal ore, nitre, silver ore and gold ore. Rare hidden mineral deposits can have a hi tech mineral extractor placed on top of it. This gives you titanium ore, uranium ore, wolframite ore and nickel ore. Deposits of crude oil need to have the drilling rig placed on top of it. You will then use the rig to drill an oil fissure. When the oil fissure is made, an oil extractor can be placed on top of it to give you crude oil.

Drilling rig requires 1.5k power. Mine extractor requires 2.5k power. Hi tech mineral extractor requires 4k power. Oil extractor requires 2.5k power. Mobile mineral scanner requires 1k power, but can hasten the scanning rate with additional power.

[attachment deleted due to age]

aenariel

For those wondering (as I was) why certain crops aren't planted by the colonists, remember that certain seeds have a soil fertility requirement (you can check how much in the info box of the plant when setting up the growing zone). If the soil is not fertilized the colonists will only clear grass and keep it empty until the fertility minimum is reached.

Since I took days to figure this out and saw other people talking about it, here's my heads up to everyone related to this subject.

Also, and not wanting to interfer in the development process or compare mod packs, but doing it anyway... I prefer HSK to MVP but I have to say MVP research tech descriptions are much, much more helpful; you know exactly what you're going to unlock each step of the way: what recipes, what structures and what superior techs. I think it would be a good idea to detail it a bit better in this pack since it would help the players to figure out what they need to build or have what they want without having to look at anything else or asking here.

Cheers and KUTGW!

Masquerine

Quote from: aenariel on December 23, 2015, 11:00:17 AM

Also, and not wanting to interfer in the development process or compare mod packs, but doing it anyway... I prefer HSK to MVP but I have to say MVP research tech descriptions are much, much more helpful; you know exactly what you're going to unlock each step of the way: what recipes, what structures and what superior techs. I think it would be a good idea to detail it a bit better in this pack since it would help the players to figure out what they need to build or have what they want without having to look at anything else or asking here.

Cheers and KUTGW!

That's actually what I'm going to be helping with as soon as I get the github/sourcetree thing sorted out for managing edits to the modpack. I'll be editing any of the text you read in game. So anything from item descriptions, bench recipes descriptions, extra information, research tech information, ect. The modpack is originally in Russian and translated to English. Russian to English translates okay. There are obvious errors and things that don't quite make sense to anyone who only knows English. I get the task of cleaning up the English translations to be more user friendly. I'll also add in or change descriptions that are not helpful. For example polymers: "polymers is used in many things" or crude oil's description is "crude oil" and that's it. Not helpful at all.

Sky only asked a couple days ago for someone to help with this stuff, so it'll take me some time. I'll clear up all of the English text. So no worries, it'll start to get done soon.