[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Griffith on January 22, 2016, 03:57:49 AM
Is there a mod for selective constructing that works with this modpack? Eg; Select my highest construction colonist to make 5 beds without having to right click and selecting the option manually or messing with my colonist work orders.

Thanks man! Still playing this modpack, stuck on finding a fissure for oil :(

It's would be good if i make hidden resources visible? with texture?

LordShotGun

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 22, 2016, 04:29:53 AM
Quote from: Griffith on January 22, 2016, 03:57:49 AM
Is there a mod for selective constructing that works with this modpack? Eg; Select my highest construction colonist to make 5 beds without having to right click and selecting the option manually or messing with my colonist work orders.

Thanks man! Still playing this modpack, stuck on finding a fissure for oil :(

It's would be good if i make hidden resources visible? with texture?

That would be nice. I ended up using the console to get oil. BTW is there like a tech tree or progression list somewhere? Like, you need a smelting furnace to make alloy to make mechanisms and spare parts to make a machining table to make a drill head to drill for oil, an oil refinery to refine it,  a petrochemical plant to turn it into useful stuff, that useful stuff to make a ton of things.

I just feel quite a bit lost as my research outpaces my production chain and I try to make buildings that require advanced stuff from other buildings, which already require OTHER stuff from OTHER buildings.

I got up to making electrical parts and glass and then tried to get into oil production and gave up. Great mod, just wayyy too complicated without some sort of progression guide.

Something like step
#1 - chop wood, make charcoal
#2 - mine copper and iron ore and make copper/steel alloys
#3 - make spare parts, mechanisms,  wires
#4 - crush rocks to make sand, gravel and then concrete
#5 - reinforce concrete for power creation plants/ wind turbines
#6 - make glass....???
#7 - try to drill for oil....???

All while defending from raids, creating food, clothes, medicine, and recruiting people, creating structures.

And there is about where I gave up. Great mod pack, I really respect how well you have everything working together but it feels like SUCH a different game that it loses that rimworld charm for me.

Is there another modpack similar to that old "Ultimate Mod Pack" from that one guy that had a meltdown way back when.

MightyGooga

skyarkhangel

zoranjoza

Is there in this mod stargate?  What does it do? I don't understand transportation resources between colonies. 
And is there something like cart or backpack so my colonists can transport more resources at once?  Not just 75.
How to transport resources from one stockpile to second stockpile fast  when they are far away 100 range?

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 22, 2016, 04:11:29 PM
Is there in this mod stargate?  What does it do? I don't understand transportation resources between colonies. 
And is there something like cart or backpack so my colonists can transport more resources at once?  Not just 75.
How to transport resources from one stockpile to second stockpile fast  when they are far away 100 range?
The stargate allows you to save colonists and resources from one colony (the game you're currently playing) and then import them into a different colony (a game you'll play next, for example). You could want to do this for a variety of reasons.

A mod called "Toolsforhaul" adds backpacks and carts for animals to increase carrying capacity. Last time I used it the saddles were bugged a little (animals didn't react properly quick enough after de-saddling), but the backpacks and carts worked. Example: A legendary backpack with 7 slots let a pawn haul like 650 of an item at once. Just make the pawn in question have "hauling" as his top priority and it'll work perfectly. He can even pick up multiple items types at once, like 3 corpses of raiders and 3 guns.
Quote from: gustavoghe on January 22, 2016, 03:25:59 PM
Hey guys, does anyone knows what to do with thrumbo horn?
Thrumbo horns are valuable for selling or can be equipped as a melee weapon, like a knife.
Quote from: LordShotGun on January 22, 2016, 10:52:41 AM
-snip-
I got up to making electrical parts and glass and then tried to get into oil production and gave up. Great mod, just wayyy too complicated without some sort of progression guide.
-snip-
Is there another modpack similar to that old "Ultimate Mod Pack" from that one guy that had a meltdown way back when.
A guy was making pictures of the research tree and planned to redo all the research descriptions, but I have not heard from him in quite some time. He was making good progress, but I'm unsure if he's still continuing or has stopped. He simply hasn't replied in what must be weeks now. If he doesn't reply soon I'll start redoing the research descriptions and adding in a short user guide (can build into a proper guide later). Getting tired of waiting while the complaints about research keep adding up. >.<

Only other modpack I have seen from a quick look was one called the Mod Variety Pack I think. Someone mentioned that it's very simple overall, much like vanilla Rimworld. You mine metals directly from rocks and make buildings, ect.

blinari

Using the github release as of yesterday, I built a coal heater and a hopper, which I filled with coal. It did nothing. Coal wasn't used up and no heat was generated.

Fluffy (l2032)

QuoteOnly other modpack I have seen from a quick look was one called the Mod Variety Pack I think. Someone mentioned that it's very simple overall, much like vanilla Rimworld. You mine metals directly from rocks and make buildings, ect.
Compared to HCSK, it's a lot simpler - but it does have the 'superior crafting' chains; you mine ore, turn it into metal. There's a few more advanced parts (weapon parts, electronics), but nothing like in HCSK.

zoranjoza

Is it possible to make something similar to stockpile "copy settings" for bills? Like copy bills?

Killaim

would be nice if the various power plants that use fuel had a off/on switch so they dont just use up fuel when they are not needed

Konsulus

The newest github release does not work well for me. All pawns stay in bed and throw exceptions. For details see the attached picture.

But nice pictures for no longer hidden ressources :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

LordShotGun

Quote from: Konsulus on January 23, 2016, 06:46:23 AM
The newest github release does not work well for me. All pawns stay in bed and throw exceptions. For details see the attached picture.

No!!! I don't wanna go to work today, get shot by raiders, bitten by mega spiders, or "friendly fired" by some one eyed idiot with cataracts that decided it was a great time to go hunting with a minigun, I just wanna stay in bed!!!   >:(

Killaim

Quote from: LordShotGun on January 23, 2016, 08:18:54 AM
Quote from: Konsulus on January 23, 2016, 06:46:23 AM

No!!! I don't wanna go to work today, get shot by raiders, bitten by mega spiders, or "friendly fired" by some one eyed idiot with cataracts that decided it was a great time to go hunting with a minigun, I just wanna stay in bed!!!   >:(

though staying in bed you have the danger of suddenly someone "obviously drunk out of their mind" coming in to do surgery on your foot and ending up dual wielding scalpes and tripping/sneezing same time doing catastrophic surgery cuts on legs arms torso and adomen and remove your stomach by accident.

Yes this happened - those surgery fails though ! :D

skyarkhangel

in last update +4 events about prisoners:

- Prisoner suicide (chance that one of your prisoner try to suicide. not 100% change that prisoner can do it.
- Prisoners riot ( prisoners can raise a rebellion, if you have too many of them.
- Prisoners rampage (conflicts among prisoners. If to keep the prisoners in different cells will no conflicts.
- Prison break  (If you have more than 10 prisoners , they can organize an escape.

Konsulus

Concerning my earlier report about smithing and tailoring projects remaining unfinished with 0 work required here a picture with the full error.

Abomination event fired properly for me now. Although now I might euthanize every guy that comes from space and looks a little but to afraid ;)

[attachment deleted due to age]