[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: r4ky on February 03, 2016, 06:54:33 AM
this mod pack more look like a dumpmod than a real modpack, last time i played rimworld was when nine get banned and we lost UOM too with him, i try 2 game with this pack and i play 5 game in 10min to be sure, every game there is around 30 crash at start so all my colonist or almost die or injuries and i start with 3 colonist but dont know how but i always finish to get 10 colonist less than 1min after i start this new world, so i dont want to know what happen to 5min  LOL ! well i'm very disapointed to see there are no modpack that can rival UOM few months after his ban  :'(.

(this is just my personal opinion and i respect the modpack creator and player who like it at least and sorry for my bad english too  :-\)
What you're describing is the "crash landing mod", which adds crashing events to the start of the game (and small crash random events later on). This mod is disabled by default as it drastically changes the initial landing/embark. You should retry the game with it disabled to get a better feel of how HSK is intended to be played.

If you played with the Syndicate D build then crash landing was still quite unbalanced at that time. I have tweaked it a bit since, but it is still an optional mod because of the nature of it. It is more intended for players who already have a firm grasp of HSK and want an extra challenge at the start of the game.

HBKRKO619

Hello everyone.
I didn't played Rimworld since alpha 9 and back then, I was playing with more than 100 mod without problem of compatibility.
I want to restart playing this game but hate to play it wihout A LOT of mod. I think about taking this modpack (easier than taking all those mod 1 by 1 o-O) but I have some question.
Can I still play this modpack without some of those mod simply by unpicking them in the game (I talk about superior crafting and combat realism to be clear, I hate them) without a problem of compatibility ?
And second question, can I ad some over mod I find interresting but not in the pack without to much problem ?
Thank you by advance for the response :)

lude

Hey HBK, you can add mods to the modpack, depending on what they do they might break the game also you can unpick most mods, I dunno about combat realism, since there's quite a few patches integrated I'd guess.

For starting again this mod is pretty hardcore, progression is a lot slower than vanilla and if you don't know what to build in what order it adds to the difficulty a lot, take a map that makes it possible to grow food all year round.

-edit-
also tried 2.5 out, really nice work/progress from 2.4d

day 39
a tribe of norbals is trying to cross my lands (about 50 or 60 people) they're being hunted by a dozen norbals from another tribe (i really liked the story elements you put in there)

Hec5

When I started to put the bottoms have my Koliniesten stopped working and for them then just stood waiting. Does anyone have a solution for this?

lude

Quote from: Hec5 on February 04, 2016, 09:30:34 AM
When I started to put the bottoms have my Koliniesten stopped working and for them then just stood waiting. Does anyone have a solution for this?

What bottoms?

I also have a bug to report

http://pastebin.com/tGmnLUvm

It's basically prisoners trying to kill each other/go berserk, it throws a few thousand exceptions until it hangs and memory leaks (about 0.3 megabyte per second, oh wait that's probably just the log)
force recruiting/killing the culprit just makes the next best prisoner try to find an excuse to go berserk and hang the game (at first I thought it was an incident, since very few incidents/races cause a short hang before starting)

Let's see if removing backpacks from the game will fix this, but I doubt it.

--- edit ---
does anyone by chance know of a quick little hack to disable prisoners from going on rampages? beside treating them well enough :P

HBKRKO619

Ok thank you Lude :)

I tested rapidly a game with the mod pack and see that their is no solution to disable "superior crafting", I can play with "combat realism" but "superior crafting" in my opinion add difficulty just to adding difficulty and not adding fun. Really no way to disable it and keep all the other mod ?

In last solution, I could took all the mod in the forum manually 1 by 1 but if I can do otherway, I take it xD

lude

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 04, 2016, 01:00:04 PM
Ok thank you Lude :)

I tested rapidly a game with the mod pack and see that their is no solution to disable "superior crafting", I can play with "combat realism" but "superior crafting" in my opinion add difficulty just to adding difficulty and not adding fun. Really no way to disable it and keep all the other mod ?

In last solution, I could took all the mod in the forum manually 1 by 1 but if I can do otherway, I take it xD
I think superior crafting will be the least of the add to difficulty options, what you could do is track down a few recipes and defs to adjust them to an easier gaming experience if you want you can have my recipe changes, a few "bottleneckish" recipes (which now with 2.5 are less of a problem anyway due to how ore is handled now) it adds between 20 and 100% of certain products, also two mods that in my opinion work well together with the difficulty curve are
Powerless! and Adaption Refusal,
Adaption Refusal requires you to go into devmode and debug finish the research on it once you started a game, but it offers interesting lowtech solutions that are based completely on iron ore, iron eating bacteria for power and food(bacteria generators are only buildable after having aquired power other wise and produce 125 or 400 watt but only require iron ore (refined with two power needing workshops which basically both produce low quality food replacement stuff by magical algae bacteria stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_bacteria).
You could also edit the research definition to have less of a research requirement (it's over 100000 altogether, thus only really debuggable or total end game after having researched everything)

Powerless adds low level furniture, seedless and thus not balanced crop/farmstuff (so don't break your gaming experience with it) it also adds tree stumps for seats, log tables, charcoal pit, meat smoker and other low tech stuff, it also adds slightly imba powerless lighting that costs one glowstone and 50 silver, there's a bigger more expensive variant as well, but glowstone is not too common.

For my personal experience I edited the powerless workshops to include hardcore SK recipes and linked stuff that just made sense.

Right tool for the haul is also nice, but it's awfully buggy and having any carts can either work fine or occasionally fuck up your pathfinding and make the game considerably more slow.

Overall I can just give you the advice to try some more with the pack and customize it to your needs, it's pretty well made and has a lot of thought and love poured into it, especially 2.5d is awesome imho.

Anyway, imagine you'd just cut all research costs in half or put the to 75%, having a look at the crashlanding options and templates might also be interesting and it's okay if you give yourself 500 luxory meals and an icicat to keep it fresh to survive the first year, after one or two tries the learning curve is over and it's a lot less difficult but still very rewarding.

This modpack is particularly hard to get into after a long rimworld break.

HBKRKO619

Ok Lude, thank again, I will try again without the sentation to hate before even the beginning "superior crafting" and see if I can succed ^^

You talk about the 2.5 version of the modpack and I see it to in the second post of the thread but I only see the 2.4 in download link  ??? any solution or i'm blind xD ?

lude

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK you can get it here, becareful with prisoners tho, my game sometimes crashes when they berserk so I save a lot and sometimes use the give good thought tool to prevent it.

to install you need to delete everything in the mod folder but Core
or make a copy of the whole game and make a shortcut with  -savedatafolder savedata at the end, it'll be a portable version then and you can play several modpacks without a hassle

also try out Adaption Refusal (needs devmode/godmode to unlock in the research bench) and Powerless! (works out of the box) i personally use small patches of the plantables there but will seedify it at some point for my personal use so it's more balanced, turnips are nice you can prepare them and then use the turnip greens together with hay to make silage for your animal farm ^^ at least that's what i do

--- edit ---
if a prisoner has a shield and goes berserk, tries to attack anything, it crashes on my end

time to amputate some limbs

don't want nasty naked norbs littering my prison

HBKRKO619

Noopy

I hate to be that guy but I can't find the download for Version 2.5. The Nexus only has 2.4 and the uploads on the forum are 2.4 as well.

Griffith

Quote from: Noopy on February 04, 2016, 11:34:51 PM
I hate to be that guy but I can't find the download for Version 2.5. The Nexus only has 2.4 and the uploads on the forum are 2.4 as well.

On here https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

I also tried 2.5, for some reason whenever I save and load a game, even at the start, with correct mod load order, the screen goes black and the error log thingo goes nuts. Not sure why :(

CheekiestBreekiest

There appears to be some severe bugs with the Abomination event. Firstly, of the 4 pod drops I've had all 4 have been Abomination events. Not sure if this is intentional but if it is then it is probably necessary to reconsider as it becomes nothing but an "annoyance" event.

Secondly, something goes drastically wrong with saving and loading at any stage when a pod drop has occurred. If you have a captured pod person and you save/load between their capture and abominization (?) you will duplicate the event. ATM I have 4 pod dropped abominations because of this. It seemed to lead to a unavoidable lockup of Rimworld as well after the first Abomination.

Thirdly, cryocasketing the dropee before they are abominized (?) will cause a lockup under almost all circumstances from what I can tell.

Finally the abomination is butcherable but drops no meat. I don't know whether people should eat space monster meat but it's worth a rework.

This is all from the github version.

lude

Quote from: CheekiestBreekiest on February 05, 2016, 01:02:43 AM
There appears to be some severe bugs with the Abomination event. Firstly, of the 4 pod drops I've had all 4 have been Abomination events. Not sure if this is intentional but if it is then it is probably necessary to reconsider as it becomes nothing but an "annoyance" event.

Secondly, something goes drastically wrong with saving and loading at any stage when a pod drop has occurred. If you have a captured pod person and you save/load between their capture and abominization (?) you will duplicate the event. ATM I have 4 pod dropped abominations because of this. It seemed to lead to a unavoidable lockup of Rimworld as well after the first Abomination.

Thirdly, cryocasketing the dropee before they are abominized (?) will cause a lockup under almost all circumstances from what I can tell.

Finally the abomination is butcherable but drops no meat. I don't know whether people should eat space monster meat but it's worth a rework.

This is all from the github version.

I noticed the duplication too, but I reloaded often due to the verbcast bug with the shield, probably a bug i have alone and none else

also version 2.5 is not compatible with 2.4 it requires a new colony, let alone for rimworld manager

Noopy

Quote from: Griffith on February 05, 2016, 12:25:00 AM
Quote from: Noopy on February 04, 2016, 11:34:51 PM

On here https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

I also tried 2.5, for some reason whenever I save and load a game, even at the start, with correct mod load order, the screen goes black and the error log thingo goes nuts. Not sure why :(
Thanks a lot for the link! I fresh installed it and it's working fine for me, no black screen, no error log. Did you find out what was wrong?