[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Curgon

Quote from: Jotun on February 20, 2016, 10:56:00 AM
Is there something obvious I'm missing about feeding animals? I have sleeping spots, an accessible zone full of raw fish, cooked meats etc, as well as a feeding bowl full of raw fish, animals are omnivorous so they should be eating, yes? They wait until very hungry then start attacking open doors instead of eating.

Loved to know this as well!

Riun

Is the food at an edible temperature? I had my first animals starve to death because I didnt notice they cant eat frozen meat.

Jotun

Quote from: Riun on February 20, 2016, 12:06:34 PM
Is the food at an edible temperature? I had my first animals starve to death because I didnt notice they cant eat frozen meat.

I wondered about that but yes, some of it is at edible temperature.

Megfir

How do the mapGeneratorBlueprintDefs under Miscellanious_SK work? It's the ones that generate the village buildings. Is there some custom code somewhere beyond the xmls or is the blueprint system a thing that I can do with just the core game?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Megfir on February 20, 2016, 02:59:31 PM
How do the mapGeneratorBlueprintDefs under Miscellanious_SK work? It's the ones that generate the village buildings. Is there some custom code somewhere beyond the xmls or is the blueprint system a thing that I can do with just the core game?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
In off. page Miscellanious, you can found sources for "map generator".
Also, Haplo will be happy if you want to make your own blueprints.

Killaim

i watched quill18 play with this mod on stream last night :D great fun i drew this meanwhile.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbrTwlTWIAADtHR.jpg

he got so many traders and raptors that all killed each other in front of his base and he could get the loot

winowmak3r

I can't seem to get the game to load. After a few minutes the game goes unresponsive and I close it. I've done a fresh install, started up the game once, quit, found the config folder and deleted the modsconfig.xml there, transferred all the mods from the zip folder to the Rimworld mods folder and then cut and pasted the modsconfig from the zip file into the config folder in appdata/locallow/LudeonStudios/Rimworld/Config.

Sometimes I can start the game fine but when I click on the "mods" button in the main menu the game again goes unresponsive after a few minutes and crashes.

EDIT: I fixed it. I don't know how but the 5th time or so trying I can now load the mods menu. Takes a little while the first time but it's working. Maybe I wasn't being patient enough? I'm not sure. Thanks for putting the pack together and to all the modders who contributed! Wish my colonists luck, they're going to need it!

Curgon

For this mod, is there a new way to make aluminum? I couldnt find the exact recipe

Masquerine

Quote from: Curgon on February 21, 2016, 01:52:31 PM
For this mod, is there a new way to make aluminum? I couldnt find the exact recipe
It appears that the recipe is missing from the smelting furnace. Looks like it is on the electric smelter still though. I'll fix that. The recipe existed for it, it just didn't get added to the building again.
Quote from: Curgon on February 21, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
Is the electric smelter missing as well?
The electric smelter was still in game with the aluminum recipe for it. It was only the non-electric version of the recipe that was missing for whatever reason.

Curgon

msgunner501

Hello there, I haven't messed with mods for rimworld in a while so i cannot remember and i have a question for this modpack upon installation. What do i do with the new core i get with the download? (ps- im on mac, just in case that has something to do with it)

snipes

Just a Animation Student Nothing to see here...move along

Masquerine

Quote from: msgunner501 on February 21, 2016, 10:46:27 PM
Hello there, I haven't messed with mods for rimworld in a while so i cannot remember and i have a question for this modpack upon installation. What do i do with the new core i get with the download? (ps- im on mac, just in case that has something to do with it)
All of the mod folders in HSK get placed in /mods. When it asks to overwrite "core" say yes. You'll need to copy the modsconfig.xml to a different location so Rimworld can read it (this is the auto-sort mod order list). For mac it should be:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
Copy and paste the modsconfig.xmle from HSK to that location, then you can start rimworld. You might have to let it sit for a few minutes to load everything the first time.

Fixed up the apparel recipes, material applied type and cost. Will fix the same for melee weapons/neolithic in the morning. Need to tweak the masks a little still.

Luminence

winowmak3r

I'm getting some very long load times using this pack, even after the first time loading. Clicking on the "mods" button in the main menu also takes a very long time to load too. When I say "long time" I'm talking around 30min+ to start the game and ~10min or so to access the mods menu. Is this normal? If not, do you have any idea what's going on? From searching around on the forums I saw that there was a bug with Unity's image loading code where it would only read 1 file ever 3 seconds which could lead to long load times in modded scenarios but that was almost a year ago and back in A10. I'm using A12d (Version 0.12.914 rev777) of Rimworld.

I've played the Ultimate Overhaul Pack before on Rimworld and it would take about 15min to load up for the first time but after that it was always less than 5min or so and accessing the mods menu was basically instant. The only thing that's changed on my PC is the amount of RAM. I upgraded from 8GB to 32GB, so if anything it should be faster!

Here are my specs in case you need them: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz processor and a GeForce 660 with 32GB of RAM running Windows 7. I can provide more if it would help figure out what's going on.

The long load times are just killing any motivation I have to play with the pack which is a shame because it looks like it'd be a lot of fun!

EDIT: Come to find it's an issue with Unity and Himachi...Don't know how that works out but disabling the Himachi Network seems to have fixed it. Such an odd bug.