[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Juujika

Quote from: ijm on March 02, 2016, 07:30:08 PM
Hmm Maybe. Though it's gone a bit haywire, if so. I'll attach a screenshot.
Yes, like you can see, there are people sleeping in there. You need to make proper bedrooms for them. They will lock the doors, otherwise they get negative penalty if someone disturb their sleep.
Also, they will lock the doors if they are meditating etc....

Masquerine

So when I edited cats, I thought everything was working when I committed. I find out later there's an error on them. Try to fix it and something still not right. I reverted to before I changed anything with cats. They had an existing error. >.<

What a way to find a bug.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Juujika

How do i send my hounds after the attackers? Now my people dont send those even when that option is on.
Does cats hunt bugs, flyes etc.?

Masquerine

Quote from: Juujika on March 03, 2016, 12:29:00 AM
How do i send my hounds after the attackers? Now my people dont send those even when that option is on.
Does cats hunt bugs, flyes etc.?
Dogs and similar attack-capable pets need to be trained for Obedience and Release, and then assigned to a colonist. The assigned colonist will have a new icon beside their "draft" button for "release animal toggle", but only when the colonist is currently drafted. One mode has the animal remain near the colonist, the other lets it run out to attack hostiles. Picture attached. When I changed it to on with the green checkmark, the wolf ran out and mauled a hostile raider that I spawned while the colonist vomited from cryptosleep sickness.

I'm unsure what cats are capable of doing because the error is preventing them from working properly. From what I've experienced with red errors, any time one pops up it is possible to break a whole string of things as a side effect. In this particular case it seems limited to just domestic cats. We'll get it sorted out soon.

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 03, 2016, 08:38:44 AM
Hello me again.

I have some more bugs and questions I have discovered in my play time.

When Skynet raids happen the small drop down info box has no information in it beyond you are under attack.
The professional cook stove is not counted as a meal source like the cook stove is.
Skynet Terminators can spawn inside of Mechanoid crashed ships, Yet Mechanoids and Terminators are hostile to each other.
The trigger for the abomination spawn is very broken, had a tribes person captured from a raid for weeks in a bed, when I was finally able to give them a new leg it instantly triggered the horrors of the drop pod event and they began to transform into an abomination.

I also have found even with maxed out bionic research I am unable to remove any sort of advanced body parts from pawns, either my own or enemies without the part disappearing.
Is this a bug or have you made it so the stuff magically disappears?

Thanks again.

Sky was trying to fix the Skynet vs Mechanoids and found more errors with them (terminatrix basically godmode - only killable sometimes by explosions or being eaten by carnivores. Some other errors as well). Complete fix still pending. The infobox I can probably add to, I think I know where it is.
I'll look at the cookstove. Not counted as a meal source as in...? The recipes appear to be working (all 4x products of cookstove). Can add cat food/painting supplies to it for a bulk processing.
Abominations is another Sky thing, I'll mention that.
Advanced bodypart removal sounds like a bug. Maybe recipe not matching up? Can look. So far I've found that there is a duplicate "install peg leg" operation, likely more duplicates. I'm investigating.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Mrshilka

Hello me again.

I have some more bugs and questions I have discovered in my play time.

When Skynet raids happen the small drop down info box has no information in it beyond you are under attack.
The professional cook stove is not counted as a meal source like the cook stove is.
Skynet Terminators can spawn inside of Mechanoid crashed ships, Yet Mechanoids and Terminators are hostile to each other.
The trigger for the abomination spawn is very broken, had a tribes person captured from a raid for weeks in a bed, when I was finally able to give them a new leg it instantly triggered the horrors of the drop pod event and they began to transform into an abomination.

I also have found even with maxed out bionic research I am unable to remove any sort of advanced body parts from pawns, either my own or enemies without the part disappearing.
Is this a bug or have you made it so the stuff magically disappears?

Thanks again.

Mrshilka

I'll look at the cookstove. Not counted as a meal source as in...? The recipes appear to be working (all 4x products of cookstove). Can add cat food/painting supplies to it for a bulk processing.
[/quote]

I am sorry let me be more precise When the only cooking device built is the Professional cook stove, you are prompted by the game via that small info popup in the bottom right corner that you have no way of making meals, the stove itself works wonderfully, but the game itself does not recognize it is a stove:)

Delekhan

Is it safe to remove or disable the Skynet mod when running this modpack? I'd prefer to play without it.

Juujika

Quote from: Masquerine on March 03, 2016, 07:17:38 AM
Dogs and similar attack-capable pets need to be trained for Obedience and Release, and then assigned to a colonist. The assigned colonist will have a new icon beside their "draft" button for "release animal toggle", but only when the colonist is currently drafted. One mode has the animal remain near the colonist, the other lets it run out to attack hostiles.
I have tried that, they just dont do anything. It would be awesome if they could out run escaping enemies. I may need just to try harder then...

Masquerine

Quote from: Delekhan on March 03, 2016, 10:20:15 AM
Is it safe to remove or disable the Skynet mod when running this modpack? I'd prefer to play without it.
I'd go with "Yes" to being able to disable it, but would need to check to make sure nothing breaks as a result of it missing. Give me a bit and I'll play around. In theory everything contained within the mod should be disabled if it's gone. Seems like its okay. If you remove it via the in-game mods menu, you should restart rimworld. Then new world/new colony and away you go. Seems like it is working correctly with that one disabled.

Quote from: Juujika on March 03, 2016, 10:29:52 AM
I have tried that, they just dont do anything. It would be awesome if they could out run escaping enemies. I may need just to try harder then...
That might be it then. They'll only attack when the target is "red" for being hostile, but when they attempt to flee they turn "blue", so the animal stops chasing them. Sounds about right. Sky could maybe tweak it so if the faction's rep is in the hostile zone the animal will attack regardless of red or blue (if sent to free roam and hunt)?

Quote from: M00nStalker on March 03, 2016, 12:43:33 PM
First of all, awesome modpack! Been getting back to Rimworld again and this was the obvious choice for mods.

Today I checked out the latest version (Github one) and after a while I noticed that there's a huge threat to my colonists survival. It's not wargs, raptors or raids. It's mosquitoes, fleas and flies. One bite seem to be enough to make it necessary to amputate a body part (early game where advanced medicine is not available) and they are practically impossible to get before they get you.

Now, I get that disease is a huge problem in situations like the ones depicted in Rimworld but they just doesn't make sense the way they are now.

I hope that this is not the way it's supposed to be and if it is I sure hope it can be disabled somehow. I love hard features in games, but this is just frustrating.

Other than that, great job!
Disease chance might be too high, can look into it. Got the duplicate surgeries fixed, looking into part removal now.

M00nStalker

First of all, awesome modpack! Been getting back to Rimworld again and this was the obvious choice for mods.

Today I checked out the latest version (Github one) and after a while I noticed that there's a huge threat to my colonists survival. It's not wargs, raptors or raids. It's mosquitoes, fleas and flies. One bite seem to be enough to make it necessary to amputate a body part (early game where advanced medicine is not available) and they are practically impossible to get before they get you.

Now, I get that disease is a huge problem in situations like the ones depicted in Rimworld but they just doesn't make sense the way they are now.

I hope that this is not the way it's supposed to be and if it is I sure hope it can be disabled somehow. I love hard features in games, but this is just frustrating.

Mrshilka

Quote from: M00nStalker on March 03, 2016, 12:43:33 PM

I agree Malaria is insanely hard to cure, and even worse the mass malaria event will usually end your colony.

I also have another issue, I have a large freezer full of human corpses for my biomatter needs, I also have a large pack of dogs for my hauling work, even with the dog well fed with meat and vegetables and with the freezer and the area around it set as off limits for animals and the door is forbidden for all colonists, they still will rush into it to gut a corpse. and destroy it.

How can I stop this behaviour, the animals are fully trained and like I stated well fed.

Makes me wish for droids or drones for my hauling needs.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 03, 2016, 02:15:08 PM
I agree Malaria is insanely hard to cure, and even worse the mass malaria event will usually end your colony.

I also have another issue, I have a large freezer full of human corpses for my biomatter needs, I also have a large pack of dogs for my hauling work, even with the dog well fed with meat and vegetables and with the freezer and the area around it set as off limits for animals and the door is forbidden for all colonists, they still will rush into it to gut a corpse. and destroy it.

How can I stop this behaviour, the animals are fully trained and like I stated well fed.

Might be the preferable setting on corpses. Maybe animals are set to prefer corpses over other foods? Could be nutrition as well. Will look into that too. I think I found out how to make the surgery part removal work correctly. So if you remove a peg leg from a guy, it doesn't just vanish into the air. You'll get a previously enjoyed peg leg! (and a not so happy one or no legged person).

I may be able to apply this to meals to make them drop tableware too. Will see how it goes.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Masquerine on March 03, 2016, 02:21:04 PM
Quote from: Mrshilka on March 03, 2016, 02:15:08 PM

Might be the preferable setting on corpses. Maybe animals are set to prefer corpses over other foods? Could be nutrition as well. Will look into that too. I think I found out how to make the surgery part removal work correctly. So if you remove a peg leg from a guy, it doesn't just vanish into the air. You'll get a previously enjoyed peg leg! (and a not so happy one or no legged person).

I may be able to apply this to meals to make them drop tableware too. Will see how it goes.

My god your work is amazing!, thank you for responding so fast!, Will be good to be able to punish those pesky pirates that survive raiding you by helping yourself to any fancy body parts they  have:).

I have found this modpack enjoy the idea of Colonist limb removal, I swear at one stage in my current colony every one was missing fingers toes and even hands.

The tableware is a welcome thing too, but I admit I have been able to overcome it and have been making glass tableware for ages thanks to a large sand farm.
My initial gripes with it was the woes of an early colony trying to make every resource and work hour count:)

Jorlem

I'm running 2.4, is there something I need to research before my colonists can clean?  They keep going berserk, primarily because the place is a huge mess, and they go idle instead of cleaning.

Masquerine

Quote from: Jorlem on March 03, 2016, 06:11:28 PM
I'm running 2.4, is there something I need to research before my colonists can clean?  They keep going berserk, primarily because the place is a huge mess, and they go idle instead of cleaning.
Cleaning zone is split from home zone, so you can have more control on what spots get cleaned and what don't. You just have to manually set a cleaning zone and they'll get to it. That is the "No Cleaning Please" mod.