[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Delekhan

The wolves/wargs/etc keep wiping out all the animals on the map. Maybe we could try to increase the amount of nutrition that a gutted carcass gives? It's a bit silly how quickly all the deer and squirrels die off because of a 3 or 4 hungry wolves.

Jorlem

Quote from: Masquerine on March 03, 2016, 07:44:55 PM
Quote from: Jorlem on March 03, 2016, 06:11:28 PM
I'm running 2.4, is there something I need to research before my colonists can clean?  They keep going berserk, primarily because the place is a huge mess, and they go idle instead of cleaning.
Cleaning zone is split from home zone, so you can have more control on what spots get cleaned and what don't. You just have to manually set a cleaning zone and they'll get to it. That is the "No Cleaning Please" mod.
Ah, thank you.  I had entered "clean" and such into the in-game help search, but nothing came up.  Maybe this could be added to the help tab?

Again, thank you for clearing that up.  :)

Masquerine

Quote from: Delekhan on March 03, 2016, 08:20:39 PM
The wolves/wargs/etc keep wiping out all the animals on the map. Maybe we could try to increase the amount of nutrition that a gutted carcass gives? It's a bit silly how quickly all the deer and squirrels die off because of a 3 or 4 hungry wolves.
Nutrition on gutted corpse still too low? I bumped it from .18 to .30 a couple days ago or so. Guess more is needed still. Maybe .4 or .45? Ready to commit my fixes for surgery anyway, so I'll tag the nutrition in too. Surgeries should no longer duplicate when attempting to install or remove anything. Additionally, when removing or replacing parts you should get the item back. So if you install a cybernetic lung, you get a normal lung back (or whatever they previously had). Should work for all things except maybe the basic spine.

Added in some missing animals for animal surgeries as well. Cobras will no longer allow peg legs to be installed on them (they don't have legs).

kazuma6666

I was playing rimworld a few months ago, and I saw a let's play from quill18 with this modpack activated. It looks really fun and got me wanting to play again.

Thanks for your hard work, this looks very promising :)

Toxicated

How can I get rid of malaria completely? As soon as I start the game atleast one gets malaria within 10 minutes.

Masquerine

Quote from: Toxicated on March 04, 2016, 10:54:12 AM
How can I get rid of malaria completely? As soon as I start the game atleast one gets malaria within 10 minutes.
I made a no-malaria patch for HSK for you. Easier than trying to explain the files to edit and whatnot. You'd simply extract and overwrite the files (note that this will work for the current github version today as this is what I edited it on, but it may be invalid later on. If you have a copy of HSK from recent (week or less) then it should work fine too. Else, get a fresh copy from github).

Flies and mosquitoes will just wander around aimlessly and consume grass when they are near starving, using the old bugai. Malaria event doesn't seem to trigger when I try to force spawn it, so you shouldn't have that problem either. Seems to be malaria-free and working, so here's the patch. Hopefully you can keep enjoying HSK until malaria is properly fixed :D. Fixing malaria properly will be something for Sky to do, as he was the one playing around with it.

No malaria HSK patch link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biz6bdb7t8jm33r/NoMalariaPatchHSK.zip?dl=0
Download button in top right.
Github HSK if you need it here as well. "Download zip" on the ride side. https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

Holla at me if something errors.

Toxicated

Mrshilka

Masquerine, Thanks again for the work you and the HSK team are doing.

I have some more queries and bugs for you though sorry.

The XZero Railgun has no repair option in the mending table.

As for queries.

I have no idea how to keep animals Carnivores or Omnivores fed, I have a freezer with thousands of meat in it both fish and red meat yet my monkeys and dogs are all starving to death, they have full access to the freezer but refuse to eat and they all seem to prefer to butcher corpses of dead humans I am trying to turn into biomatter even though that freezer is forbidden to them.
This is the first time I have had issues with animals in Rimworld in both vanilla and other modpacks, What mod would I need to remove to make it so I can feed these animals.

I have found some power building require room temps to be in the hundreds of degrees C to operate yet I have found no way of heating up a room over 100c beyond setting fires which is a one time thing because once the room becomes so hot no one can go back inside.
How do you heat rooms up to these fantastic temperatures?

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 04, 2016, 03:30:27 PM
Masquerine, Thanks again for the work you and the HSK team are doing.

I have some more queries and bugs for you though sorry.

The XZero Railgun has no repair option in the mending table.

As for queries.

I have no idea how to keep animals Carnivores or Omnivores fed, I have a freezer with thousands of meat in it both fish and red meat yet my monkeys and dogs are all starving to death, they have full access to the freezer but refuse to eat and they all seem to prefer to butcher corpses of dead humans I am trying to turn into biomatter even though that freezer is forbidden to them.
This is the first time I have had issues with animals in Rimworld in both vanilla and other modpacks, What mod would I need to remove to make it so I can feed these animals.

I have found some power building require room temps to be in the hundreds of degrees C to operate yet I have found no way of heating up a room over 100c beyond setting fires which is a one time thing because once the room becomes so hot no one can go back inside.
How do you heat rooms up to these fantastic temperatures?

Keep the queries and reports coming. I can't help you if I don't know of a bug or problem. :D
I should be able to fix that weapon and any others not repairing.
I dunno about heat atm, can look into it.
First though, I think I've realized how to fix the meat issue thanks to your description of their behavior. Will edit this message once I've tested my theory.
Also, we think we know why malaria was so op to contract. Vanilla setting had it at 100-110% by the looks of it. The actual rate from mosquito was defined in HSK to be 1:450 chance per blood suck, but the vanilla chance was overwriting it. That is what it seems to be. Also need to test still.

Edit: The theory works, just need to apply it to everything. Will take some time but this also addresses some other related issues I noticed with meats and corpses. Picture attached shows success on testrun. (Yes, butchering a megascarab dropped chitin - it never did before. That'd be like butchering a human and not getting human skin. The fix doesn't just stop there tho ;))

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Mrshilka

I am really looking forward to the changes:)

Thanks again!.

Tiresais

Is there a way to disable hungry animals attacking settlers? It makes the game frustrating and unplayable - both my maps seem to have a crap load of tarantulas who just keep killing them. It's incredibly frustrating.

Mrshilka

Hello Me again.

The Plunderers event, which states some bounty hunters have arrived to collect a bounty on your colony only seems to spawn the aggressive warrior bugs from starship troopers, who then just wander around the map and only become hostile when your pawns wander close to them,I am not sure if this is unintended, does not seem very bounty hunterish.

I have had the event trigger 5 times in 9 years and each time it was the same.

Toxicated

Why does every recipe start with completely different materials? It's just a bit confusing, on other mods usually the lowest quality material is the first one that shows. Is it possible for me to change this in any way?

Dudok22

I am getting this error when Colonist tries to make Leather Grips on the loom. I think she tries to use wrong material or something.

MakeThing error: Tried to make UnfinishedApparel from Spare_Parts which is not a stuff. Assigning default.

then after 'work left' = 0:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Prinny, Job=DoBill A=TableTailor576741 B=UnfinishedApparel981887 C=(58, 0, 148), Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe.ProcessedIngredients (Verse.AI.Job job, Verse.Thing& dominantIngredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey26B.<>m__332 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Masquerine

Quote from: Dudok22 on March 05, 2016, 10:36:10 AM
I am getting this error when Colonist tries to make Leather Grips on the loom. I think she tries to use wrong material or something.
-snip-
Probably forgot to include a stuffcategory on leather grips, so it's randomly taking one of the ingredients and making into stuff. Spare Parts is not a stufftype, so it errors. Can fix.

Quote from: Toxicated on March 05, 2016, 08:42:45 AM
Why does every recipe start with completely different materials? It's just a bit confusing, on other mods usually the lowest quality material is the first one that shows. Is it possible for me to change this in any way?
This will be in the categories allowed per recipe. Needs a bit of an overhaul to make things flow better (don't want to be using rare alloys to make things like spare parts where material doesn't matter). When I finish up with meats and leathers I can address this too. Will also apply restrictions to things where weak materials shouldn't be allowed either, like some end-game structures/armors. The main issue stems from the fact that only one category type was applied, so everything simply uses everything in the same way.

Fixing categories will give more use to mixed alloys, and make other things more unique. My meat/leather fix is like the basics that will lead into category fixes. It's gonna be good.

Additionally to categories it will also fix NPC spawn types, so things like Norbals can't spawn with aluminum or sendust weapons - materials they don't have the tech to make/process. It's a complicated process but I understand it. Just gonna take some time.