[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ijm

Quote from: Masquerine on March 04, 2016, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: Toxicated on March 04, 2016, 10:54:12 AM
How can I get rid of malaria completely? As soon as I start the game atleast one gets malaria within 10 minutes.
I made a no-malaria patch for HSK for you. Easier than trying to explain the files to edit and whatnot. You'd simply extract and overwrite the files (note that this will work for the current github version today as this is what I edited it on, but it may be invalid later on. If you have a copy of HSK from recent (week or less) then it should work fine too. Else, get a fresh copy from github).

Flies and mosquitoes will just wander around aimlessly and consume grass when they are near starving, using the old bugai. Malaria event doesn't seem to trigger when I try to force spawn it, so you shouldn't have that problem either. Seems to be malaria-free and working, so here's the patch. Hopefully you can keep enjoying HSK until malaria is properly fixed :D. Fixing malaria properly will be something for Sky to do, as he was the one playing around with it.

No malaria HSK patch link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biz6bdb7t8jm33r/NoMalariaPatchHSK.zip?dl=0
Download button in top right.
Github HSK if you need it here as well. "Download zip" on the ride side. https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

Holla at me if something errors.

A possibly cool addition to the mods, which would also help with the rampant diseases, would be to have animals be more aggressive towards disease vectors like mosquitoes/flies/fleas. Right now there might be dozens of mosquitoes/flies in an area, but the other animals just wander around, get bit, get sick, and die. If the other animals helped to control the mosquito/fly population, or if there were particular species (various birds?) that ate mainly bugs, disease wouldn't be so easily spread. (Also: it's annoying that pretty much every animal on the map will die of malaria unless you do weekly mosquito-punching-runs. There isn't usually time to tame animals before they get sick, otherwise.)

Delekhan

The bug and malaria thing does get rather silly, I will admit.

Masquerine

Quote from: Delekhan on March 05, 2016, 03:15:19 PM
The bug and malaria thing does get rather silly, I will admit.
Sky is currently working on fixing malaria. Lisi is working on fixing Skynet. Ellie is debugging heat max temp +descriptions. Ivan is working on adapting MAI (mentions its robots). I'm doing the thing with stuff and whatnot. Wordy bits. :D
Wine is good.
A thing I forgot to mention earlier about recipes is that for some I'll have the default behavior be the red X on things you might not want, so there will be less repetitive prep on new colonies to get your bills sorted out for mats. That I know how to do. Like how meal recipes disable humanlike flesh by default, but you can enable if you choose to do so. That thing, except applied to many recipes. I has plan. Need to incorporate.
No more wine tho. Can't function if <drunk>true</drunk>.

Justicer3792

Hello, I am having problems with starting a game. I went in and downloaded everything, deleted the Config folder and replaced it with ModConfig. I am able to enable the mods(after ~1 minute of loading, might be normal). I can make worlds, create colonies, use EDB:prepare carefully(none of which have an affect on my problem). I can generate the map, and even see the shadows where my colonists will land, along with supplies. Then, my screen will completely freeze. I am able to hear the sounds effects of clicking the buttons, but other than that I am stuck at landing time, and I don't hear the colonist's pods opening either. I've tried things from new worlds and varying map sizes, to using different storytellers, and not using prepare carefully. I have tried not having Skynet and zombie apocalypse, other than that I have enabled all the mods. Would be awesome to play this modpack.

Masquerine

Quote from: Justicer3792 on March 05, 2016, 06:58:26 PM
Hello, I am having problems with starting a game. I went in and downloaded everything, deleted the Config folder and replaced it with ModConfig. I am able to enable the mods(after ~1 minute of loading, might be normal). I can make worlds, create colonies, use EDB:prepare carefully(none of which have an affect on my problem). I can generate the map, and even see the shadows where my colonists will land, along with supplies. Then, my screen will completely freeze. I am able to hear the sounds effects of clicking the buttons, but other than that I am stuck at landing time, and I don't hear the colonist's pods opening either. I've tried things from new worlds and varying map sizes, to using different storytellers, and not using prepare carefully. I have tried not having Skynet and zombie apocalypse, other than that I have enabled all the mods. Would be awesome to play this modpack.
Try turning on dev mode in the menu>options. It should probably come up with an error related to the issue that could help identify the cause. Initial loadup of the game with HSK can take a minute or two yeah, that is normal.
When you copied over HSK's files, did you allow it to overwrite the core folder as well? It needs to do so. The original mods/core should be untouched prior to installing HSK. Sometimes people delete it thinking that /mods needs to be empty.

Justicer3792

I guess it was something to do with Edb mod order, but things seem to work fine now. Sorry for the trouble.

Toxicated

Quote from: Masquerine on March 05, 2016, 11:44:59 AM
Quote from: Dudok22 on March 05, 2016, 10:36:10 AM
I am getting this error when Colonist tries to make Leather Grips on the loom. I think she tries to use wrong material or something.
-snip-
Probably forgot to include a stuffcategory on leather grips, so it's randomly taking one of the ingredients and making into stuff. Spare Parts is not a stufftype, so it errors. Can fix.

Quote from: Toxicated on March 05, 2016, 08:42:45 AM
Why does every recipe start with completely different materials? It's just a bit confusing, on other mods usually the lowest quality material is the first one that shows. Is it possible for me to change this in any way?
This will be in the categories allowed per recipe. Needs a bit of an overhaul to make things flow better (don't want to be using rare alloys to make things like spare parts where material doesn't matter). When I finish up with meats and leathers I can address this too. Will also apply restrictions to things where weak materials shouldn't be allowed either, like some end-game structures/armors. The main issue stems from the fact that only one category type was applied, so everything simply uses everything in the same way.

Fixing categories will give more use to mixed alloys, and make other things more unique. My meat/leather fix is like the basics that will lead into category fixes. It's gonna be good.

Additionally to categories it will also fix NPC spawn types, so things like Norbals can't spawn with aluminum or sendust weapons - materials they don't have the tech to make/process. It's a complicated process but I understand it. Just gonna take some time.

What about the constructions, like walls, butcher's table ect? All of them usually have completely different material when I start the game. I am just used to that every structure or things to construct start with wood default and then you can change as you want.

kazuma6666

Hello,

I've been trying the mod for a few days, and I'm a bit stuck with oil. I'm supposed to build a drilling rig but I can't build it anywhere. I am supposed to build it on a deposit of crude oil, but I can't find any. What does it look like?
Can't really continue with the game since stuff needs plastics and other derivatives from oil.

I really like this mod, it makes the game a real struggle, but a good part of the struggle is the search for information. I don't think I could have played the mod at all without the videos from quill18, unfortunately, he didn't get to the oil part yet.
Is there information anywhere (I read the faq ingame)?

Toxicated

Quote from: kazuma6666 on March 06, 2016, 06:25:18 AM
Hello,

I've been trying the mod for a few days, and I'm a bit stuck with oil. I'm supposed to build a drilling rig but I can't build it anywhere. I am supposed to build it on a deposit of crude oil, but I can't find any. What does it look like?
Can't really continue with the game since stuff needs plastics and other derivatives from oil.

I really like this mod, it makes the game a real struggle, but a good part of the struggle is the search for information. I don't think I could have played the mod at all without the videos from quill18, unfortunately, he didn't get to the oil part yet.
Is there information anywhere (I read the faq ingame)?

Here you go:

Mrshilka

Hello Sk modders.

Me again.

Hay has no seeds in game and no way to extract them from Hay you buy.
So the only way to make Silage right now is to buy hay and then combine it with other materials.
Makes it hard to build up animal feed stocks to handle winters. cold snaps. Volcanic winters and Toxic Fallout.

*edit* So Sorry very blind of me I have missed the option staring me right int he face to just grow hay, it does not need a seed it seems.

On a side note colony defences in this pack are very weak, I Have reached the point now of 200+ pawn raids and they are nearly ending me everytime, no true embrasures, barbed wire can be walked through easily, automated guns that are wildly inaccurate and no way to mitigate incoming enemy damage, I mean I can make Antimatter but I cannot scale up the nano shields to defend my turrets or base?.
The 35mm auto sentry has a 1 in 4 chance to hit its target at max range for 1500 power while a single raider with a anti material rifle of good or better quality will sit back out of range and kill each turret.
The manned turrets have no hps, are either low fire rates or are inaccurate. Either cost massive amounts of power or a large cost of materials in ammo.
I am all for balance and Hardcore but when you make it cost alot take alot of power to run and then also make it easy to kill and weak to use, there is no balance.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 06, 2016, 09:17:06 AM
Hello Sk modders.

Me again.

Hay has no seeds in game and no way to extract them from Hay you buy.
So the only way to make Silage right now is to buy hay and then combine it with other materials.
Makes it hard to build up animal feed stocks to handle winters. cold snaps. Volcanic winters and Toxic Fallout.

*edit* So Sorry very blind of me I have missed the option staring me right int he face to just grow hay, it does not need a seed it seems.

On a side note colony defences in this pack are very weak, I Have reached the point now of 200+ pawn raids and they are nearly ending me everytime, no true embrasures, barbed wire can be walked through easily, automated guns that are wildly inaccurate and no way to mitigate incoming enemy damage, I mean I can make Antimatter but I cannot scale up the nano shields to defend my turrets or base?.
The 35mm auto sentry has a 1 in 4 chance to hit its target at max range for 1500 power while a single raider with a anti material rifle of good or better quality will sit back out of range and kill each turret.
The manned turrets have no hps, are either low fire rates or are inaccurate. Either cost massive amounts of power or a large cost of materials in ammo.
I am all for balance and Hardcore but when you make it cost alot take alot of power to run and then also make it easy to kill and weak to use, there is no balance.
Hay + decorative flowers not needing seeds may have been intentional, but it could easily be implemented. My thoughts on it would be that you need to grow tons of hay for it to support even small herds of animals, so requiring seeds would greatly slow down production. Idea: need to find out why colonists can only carry like 5 seeds at a time. that's the real limiting factor here. Makes crop growing tedious with such a low amount.

I was thinking about security defenses the other day and how they relate to late game + hordes. Have some ideas to improve but it'll be a bit before I can get there (things that use alternative ammo sources for very unique effects). Also need to improve the help section/guide area as well. So much to do. Get there eventually I suppose, but your ideas are heard. All about adding content while retaining fun factor + balance. Played far too many games that don't understand how the player actually plays the game, so it's nice to finally be able to contribute and break that mold.

Toxicated

Hello guys, just started a new game and for some reason I can't tame, I've tried with every person I have but they do nothing and nothing happens if I try to right click over the animal either. Is there anything I need to be able to do it?

Mrshilka

Quote from: Masquerine on March 06, 2016, 10:35:30 AM

Hay + decorative flowers not needing seeds may have been intentional, but it could easily be implemented. My thoughts on it would be that you need to grow tons of hay for it to support even small herds of animals, so requiring seeds would greatly slow down production. Idea: need to find out why colonists can only carry like 5 seeds at a time. that's the real limiting factor here. Makes crop growing tedious with such a low amount.

I was thinking about security defenses the other day and how they relate to late game + hordes. Have some ideas to improve but it'll be a bit before I can get there (things that use alternative ammo sources for very unique effects). Also need to improve the help section/guide area as well. So much to do. Get there eventually I suppose, but your ideas are heard. All about adding content while retaining fun factor + balance. Played far too many games that don't understand how the player actually plays the game, so it's nice to finally be able to contribute and break that mold.

I felt so dumb when I realised I could grow hay without seeds in this mod pack, I had just been buying all I could, I currently have a herd of 27 muffelo's 26 females and a single male. All the wool and milk I could want.

As for raids, my colony wealth now is so large I am getting 100+ mechs and 200 to 300 pawns from other factions.
the 40+ skynet raids are game overs but I have been deleting those raids because even 5 skynet's right now will end a colony.

I have to buy weapon crates to make defences also hurts when you lose half a dozen + guns per raid.

The fact Bucklers and Shields can block gunfire also makes melee even stronger.
Shooting seems so random with 95% of the weapons I switched my pair of hunters over to using Katanas since they kill in 1 or 2 hits and always bring the corpse back, and if some of the hundreds of hungry creatures attack him they have a sword and shield and ends them all without being hurt.

In the end I might make suggestions or gripe but this is your mod pack and I am just playing it:)

Mrshilka

Quote from: Toxicated on March 06, 2016, 10:48:41 AM
Hello guys, just started a new game and for some reason I can't tame, I've tried with every person I have but they do nothing and nothing happens if I try to right click over the animal either. Is there anything I need to be able to do it?

A few things you can try friend, animals need certain levels of handling skill to be tamed, they also need food to be tamed with depending on the animal.
Handling skill needs to be set at a higher priority as well.

mayonnaises

Hey! First of all, wanted to say, amazing mod-pack. I've been playing it quite a bit, and the work you do and your responsiveness is amazing!!

I just had an issue for the second time I wanted to report: On recruiting I got a message telling me that I failed recruitment with a 19% chance. But then I got the "new recruit" message and "chief angered" message, and my faction standing went down. The visitor is still in my camp, with 0 recruitment chance and is not my pawn. I cannot right-click to prioritize recruitment. This happened once before, and the pawn will just leave.

Edit:
I checked the debug menu on a reload and this might be related?
Exception in Tick (pawn=Jup, job=GuestRecruit A=Nova222289): System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Average[Single,Double,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`3 func, System.Func`3 result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Average[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Hospitality.State_VisitPoint.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.SquadAI.BrainManager.RemoveSquadBrain (RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain oldBrain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.RemovePawn (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.Notify_PawnLost (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnLostCondition cond) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Pawn.SetFaction (RimWorld.Faction newFaction, Verse.Pawn recruiter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit.AdoptGuest (Verse.Pawn guest, RimWorld.Faction newFaction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit.TryGuestRecruit (Verse.Pawn recruiter, Verse.Pawn guest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit+<>c__DisplayClasse.<TryRecruitGuest>b__c () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toil.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.ReadyForNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0