[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Toxicated

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 06, 2016, 11:21:33 AM
Quote from: Toxicated on March 06, 2016, 10:48:41 AM
Hello guys, just started a new game and for some reason I can't tame, I've tried with every person I have but they do nothing and nothing happens if I try to right click over the animal either. Is there anything I need to be able to do it?

A few things you can try friend, animals need certain levels of handling skill to be tamed, they also need food to be tamed with depending on the animal.
Handling skill needs to be set at a higher priority as well.

What kind of food? And handling is set to 1.

wqw

Hi, I was trying to install the mod but can't seem to find the config folder.
I'm using a MAC and I have tried both
Users/[username]/library/Application Support/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
and
Users/[username]/library/Caches/RimWorld/Config
directories and there's not a folder neither named "Ludeon studios" nor "Rimworld"...

I have also tried to click on the RimWorld game icon and go to the "show package contents" thing...

Am I missing something here? Doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same problem but me...

skyarkhangel

Quote from: wqw on March 06, 2016, 12:41:54 PM
and
directories and there's not a folder neither named "Ludeon studios" nor "Rimworld"...

I have also tried to click on the RimWorld game icon and go to the "show package contents" thing...

Am I missing something here? Doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same problem but me...

If you first install Rimworld, run it and game creates config folder.

Delekhan

Is there any chance we could have hungry animals marked as hostile so our colonists autofire on them when drafted? Right now they have to be manually targeted, which can be a problem.

Also any chance that the old mod Haul Priority Designator can be updated and made part of the modpack? That mod added a key feature to the game which really, really improved it.

wqw

Quote from: skyarkhangel on March 06, 2016, 12:44:34 PM
Quote from: wqw on March 06, 2016, 12:41:54 PM
and

If you first install Rimworld, run it and game creates config folder.

Are you using a MAC also? I have actually ran the game several times but I still can't find the folder.

Also, I didn't need to "install" rimworld after I downloaded the game, it just opens right up without doing any installation.....

ijm

Quick question: does the mod include some sort of debuff to relations among factions? As you can get a taste of in the screenshot, every faction is at war with every other. And since everyone hates my colony--and came to do so quickly--I no longer get visitors, and no longer have a chance to 1) improve relations, 2) get walk-in traders. That really takes away a fun chunk of the game. Maybe it's not the mod, maybe everyone on my planet are simply real jerks. I just don't remember vanilla being like this. I'm using Phoebe/Challenge; does she just tend to do this?

It would be nice if other factions continued to visit, even when they didn't like you, sort of like diplomatic missions. Or if relations tended to slowly regress towards zero/neutral over time.

Still love the modpack. This complexity/difficulty is what I want out of Rimworld! Thank you devs.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Edgewise

Quote from: ijm on March 06, 2016, 11:36:27 PM
Quick question: does the mod include some sort of debuff to relations among factions? As you can get a taste of in the screenshot, every faction is at war with every other. And since everyone hates my colony--and came to do so quickly--I no longer get visitors, and no longer have a chance to 1) improve relations, 2) get walk-in traders. That really takes away a fun chunk of the game. Maybe it's not the mod, maybe everyone on my planet are simply real jerks. I just don't remember vanilla being like this. I'm using Phoebe/Challenge; does she just tend to do this?

It would be nice if other factions continued to visit, even when they didn't like you, sort of like diplomatic missions. Or if relations tended to slowly regress towards zero/neutral over time.

Still love the modpack. This complexity/difficulty is what I want out of Rimworld! Thank you devs.

I also am loving this mod-pack!  With the current 2.5 (assuming that's the one you downloaded) I also have this problem.  I have made rooms with guest beds and tables, and even put food in the rooms both open and locked to see if they'd eat it when hungry.  Visitors don't use the beds, or sit down and chat, or eat even when they have their own food.  They just walk around the room getting more joy deprived, more hungry, more tired, and eventually leave pissed off even if I am chatting them up as much as possible.  Dunno if there is a way to get around this or not.  In 2.4 they'd do much the same thing, but at least they didn't leave giving me a faction hit unless I offended them.  Just assume you'll eventually be at war with everyone.

Masquerine

Quote from: Edgewise on March 06, 2016, 11:46:35 PM

If factions are hostile to you, you can imprison their raiders and release them (after you've patched up their injuries). If they successfully leave the map, their faction gets like +15 rep. Do that a few times and you can make their faction friendly again. Hospitality did have a conflict with another mod but we think we've narrowed down why. You'd only get this conflict in an error log, else the mod seemed to be working as it should.

Visitors are a bit more picky now when visiting, I remember reading notes about that. Don't try chatting them up if your pawn doesn't have a decent social skill - you'll just end up offending them more.

I'm still working on the meats/leathers +categories. Making good progress at least.

Jorlem

Are there any plans to add mid-tech range temperature controls?  That is, prior to getting someone to crafting level ten to make electronic parts, I can only heat a room by constantly rebuilding fires in it, and don't seem to have any options to cool it at all.  A permanent stove or fireplace would be very nice for keeping things warm in winter, and something to deal with heatstroke in the summer would be great.  Hand fans as an equipable tool, perhaps, or the ability to insulate ice so we can make an ice house.  The mod already has straw, and IIRC, sawdust, so it would just be a matter of being able to apply it to ice blocks, to let them last into the summer.  An ice house would probably be the equivalent of a firepit.  Something on par with an in room stove or fireplace would likely be something like a mechanical cooling machine, which a bit of research shows did in fact predate modern use of electricity. (It was just really annoying to have to watch one of my colonists due of heatstroke because I didn't have the electronics to build fans or air conditioners, and I couldn't rescue her from her bed.)

Edgewise

Quote from: Masquerine on March 07, 2016, 12:30:36 AM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 06, 2016, 11:46:35 PM

If factions are hostile to you, you can imprison their raiders and release them (after you've patched up their injuries). If they successfully leave the map, their faction gets like +15 rep. Do that a few times and you can make their faction friendly again. Hospitality did have a conflict with another mod but we think we've narrowed down why. You'd only get this conflict in an error log, else the mod seemed to be working as it should.

Visitors are a bit more picky now when visiting, I remember reading notes about that. Don't try chatting them up if your pawn doesn't have a decent social skill - you'll just end up offending them more.

I'm still working on the meats/leathers +categories. Making good progress at least.

My current 2.5 game (my first actually, done on clean install of game and mod) I have a character with 19 social and gear to increase social impact doing the talking.  They get a boost every time, but it doesn't matter.  The visitors do not sit down at tables, or use the guest beds provided, or eat food.  They just move around getting more tired, more hungry, and they do this until they are 'about to break' and then leave hungry and tired and I get a faction minus.  Traders do not do this, just the visitors.

The guest room is very nice, better than the rooms my colonists use and are happy with. I even leave food, but nothing changes.  They do not use any of the 'joy' items or other furniture, and leave exhausted, joy-deprived, starving and pissed off.

ijm

Quote from: Masquerine on March 07, 2016, 12:30:36 AM

Phoebe seems to dislike other-colony raids in her stories. I think it's been 15+ real-time hours since I've had one. I get zombie raids a LOT, though. (Which aren't so fun, since they'll happily funnel themselves straight into a corridor with half a dozen armed pawns at the other end. I'll likely turn off the zombie mod next time.) Next time real people come to raid the colony I'll try to capture and release a few--thank you!

Orion

Quote from: Edgewise on March 07, 2016, 01:05:52 AM
My current 2.5 game (my first actually, done on clean install of game and mod) I have a character with 19 social and gear to increase social impact doing the talking.  They get a boost every time, but it doesn't matter.  The visitors do not sit down at tables, or use the guest beds provided, or eat food.  They just move around getting more tired, more hungry, and they do this until they are 'about to break' and then leave hungry and tired and I get a faction minus.  Traders do not do this, just the visitors.

The guest room is very nice, better than the rooms my colonists use and are happy with. I even leave food, but nothing changes.  They do not use any of the 'joy' items or other furniture, and leave exhausted, joy-deprived, starving and pissed off.
If this happens, you have another mod overriding the visitors from Hospitality. If it's working correctly, the visitors plop down a little flag during their stay. If they don't, you got a mod conflict.

Luminence

Gonna test out 2.5 after the download.. Hopefully all the previous bugs mentioned have been fixed.. Ill also try to reports some errors and bugs (if I survive long enough to try out most stuff xD)

Toxicated

Quote from: Orion on March 07, 2016, 02:40:25 AM

If this happens, you have another mod overriding the visitors from Hospitality. If it's working correctly, the visitors plop down a little flag during their stay. If they don't, you got a mod conflict.

Got the same problem, using github build with no other mods.

Dudok22

Quote from: Toxicated on March 07, 2016, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: Orion on March 07, 2016, 02:40:25 AM

Got the same problem, using github build with no other mods.

yes I can confirm, latest github build, I can't see any flags planted. They will not eat, or have fun. Sometimes they will sleep but that doesn't matter as they will leave pissed every time.