[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Kadrush

Are my pawns supposed to get malaria on specific body parts? Like "Malaria (minor), right leg)

Locusthorde300

I've got this mod and I've dicked around with it a bit. I like it a lot, but a few minor issues.

• I don't know what I'm getting when I research stuff. Some kind of list like "Construction 1 unlocks Wall 1" or something would be amazing.
  • Certain weapons don't have realistic ammo count, like the Mosin Nagant.
  • Embrasures don't mesh with walls, so I have to build the structure with stamped rock so it has a roof, then destroy the rock, then build the embrasures. Kind of annoying.

Really at this point I just want to see more content in regards to weaponry. Older stuff, not as much future space tech if at all possible. <3

Edgewise

Can you create a delay or something from the time you shoot someone and they hit the ground dead to the time crash bugs come to eat all their stuff to about 2 days or so?  Atm I have a fight with my enemies followed immediately by a fight with crashbugs to try and get some loots from their corpses.  This is also a bit exploitable since you can drop a garment right outside your kitchen and crashbugs show up almost instantly to try and eat it, which means you get a nice crashbug jerky dinner this way anytime your stocks on food are a bit low.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Locusthorde300 on March 09, 2016, 12:01:40 PM
I've got this mod and I've dicked around with it a bit. I like it a lot, but a few minor issues.

• I don't know what I'm getting when I research stuff. Some kind of list like "Construction 1 unlocks Wall 1" or something would be amazing.
  • Certain weapons don't have realistic ammo count, like the Mosin Nagant.
  • Embrasures don't mesh with walls, so I have to build the structure with stamped rock so it has a roof, then destroy the rock, then build the embrasures. Kind of annoying.

Really at this point I just want to see more content in regards to weaponry. Older stuff, not as much future space tech if at all possible. <3

The research tree is fully clickable and will show you what research leads where and unlocks what, the help button will also show this.
I am guessing weapons have ammo loads changed for the sake of balance.
Embrasures are waist to chest high walls, they are not roof bearing as listed in real life and in the games code, they are a hard form of sandbags.

Flamingwhitepony

I just wanted to also confirm that it is a tad annoying not being able to place coolers and vents on utility walls. Other than that though great mod pack so far. :D

Grogfeld

Quote from: Edgewise on March 09, 2016, 12:12:26 PM
Can you create a delay or something from the time you shoot someone and they hit the ground dead to the time crash bugs come to eat all their stuff to about 2 days or so?  Atm I have a fight with my enemies followed immediately by a fight with crashbugs to try and get some loots from their corpses.  This is also a bit exploitable since you can drop a garment right outside your kitchen and crashbugs show up almost instantly to try and eat it, which means you get a nice crashbug jerky dinner this way anytime your stocks on food are a bit low.

I think it's great as it is now. I love how all this insects gather around stuff. Today a visitor was killed by giant spider and first I've done was gather all my colonists and go to his corpse. 2 colonists was on overwatch with gladiuses and shields and rest grab everything whats left. Of course there was plenty of dead bugs to cook but I've left them. I like that idea because it force you to build a shelter right on the start that protects everything and everyone from bugs and carnivorous animals. To balance your problem there is a mod added it's called Mending, that's how you repair all the stuff eaten by insects.

Oh right, I forgot that Hospitality mod must be load in different order, I think that Orion have said it before, because visitors don't use guestrooms and that lead to war ;)

cedstonge

hey im having an issue where my colonist wont work they have plenty of thing to do like cleaning or mining but they go idle (all jobs are enable on the work tab ) any idea on how to fix this ?

Mrshilka

Quote from: Grogfeld on March 09, 2016, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 09, 2016, 12:12:26 PM

Oh right, I forgot that Hospitality mod must be load in different order, I think that Orion have said it before, because visitors don't use guestrooms and that lead to war ;)

I too enjoy the horror of all those bugs waiting for you to die so they can eat your clothes.
ON a 325x325 jungle map I had upwards of 40 crash bugs swarming bodies to eat the clothing when a raid was going on, it became a race between me being able to grab the bodies and the bugs stripping and eating everything they had one them, and would watch the wounded I left to die as I had far to many other things to do surrounded by bugs just waiting for them to die.
I imagine them swatting the bugs away as they bleed out  bugs getting closer and closer as they get weaker;)
I think it's great as it is now. I love how all this insects gather around stuff. Today a visitor was killed by giant spider and first I've done was gather all my colonists and go to his corpse. 2 colonists was on overwatch with gladiuses and shields and rest grab everything what's left. Of course there was plenty of dead bugs to cook but I've left them. I like that idea because it force you to build a shelter right on the start that protects everything and everyone from bugs and carnivorous animals. To balance your problem there is a mod added it's called Mending, that's how you repair all the stuff eaten by insects.

Kadrush

1 tabbleware per simple meal? They like use a metal fork one time and just throw it away?

Masquerine

Quote from: Edgewise on March 09, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
Quote from: Kadrush on March 09, 2016, 06:23:07 PM
1 tabbleware per simple meal? They like use a metal fork one time and just throw it away?
Basically.  Disposable plates.  Yea, it doesn't make a lot of sense in a setting where resources are scarce but maybe later there will be a 'sink' that allows you to get back table ware and the high tech later version, the dishwasher.
Yeah, known issue. I can fix that now (with a simple one for now. Proper dish washing will come later). I'll also go back like 15 pages and make a list of everything everyone has reported or mentioned and then start addressing them. Time to play catch up.

I've finally finished the first stage of the meat/leather overhaul. Everything seems to be working. Vanilla meats still in game, but you shouldn't be running into them unless you edb embark with it or god mode spawn. Traders will be bringing my items instead. For now they behave in the same way that vanilla did recipe-wise, but that will get expanded upon. If for some reason you do get a vanilla meat type, you can still make jerky from it (for now).

Guns will now use boiled leather instead of any leather. Boiled Leather made at cook stove or pro cook stove. Hide, Smooth and Furred leathers can be boiled (optional Exotic leather, but you really shouldn't). Wool can't be. Wool creatures now drop their wool upon shearing and butchering (didn't want 2 items to 1 creature). Icicat and Feenix will now have leather and no longer drop heart on death. Butcher them to get that heart.

Animals should now be allowed to eat delicious meats. Domestic cats are disabled due to numerous errors. Ignore the "domestic cat file is missing" yellow error. Stupid cats. Good riddance.

Apparel should hopefully no longer get the unfinished thing error. Went over all the recipes and made more unique unfinished things for them (no longer possible to pull items they are not allowed to use, as unfinished thing matches their recipe exactly).

Leathers are: Hide, Smooth, Furry, Exotic and Wool. Hides are rough, hairless or somewhere between. Smooth is like short haired, soft to the touch types. Fur is like thick ones, like most of the dogs. Wool is shearable, thick stuff for the most part. Thrumbos can now be sheared. I tried to vary up most recipes on the categories used, will go over again at some point to fine tune. Exotic leathers right now still retain their stats from what they were before, but I plan to make them even more unique. Same with meats. Want to add another feathered creature or 2 and add feathers as an item as well. Pillow fights anyone? :)

I did some other stuff but I can't remember what it was. Storytellers now display their quotation, giving a little more insight on what they are like and whatnot. It was always in their file but not displayed. Rey's quote is best.

Normally my editing is done and committed at the end of the day. This time it took me like 4-5 days to get it fully functional. :)

Edgewise

Basically.  Disposable plates.  Yea, it doesn't make a lot of sense in a setting where resources are scarce but maybe later there will be a 'sink' that allows you to get back table ware and the high tech later version, the dishwasher.

Delekhan

The whole tableware thing seems a tad ridiculous in my opinion. Adds pointless busy work and clutter, not fun at all.

Kadrush

Dude, if I may, can i suggest you to add Powerless mod to the pack. I really miss some power less light a heat options on early game.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Masquerine on March 09, 2016, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 09, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
Yeah, known issue. I can fix that now (with a simple one for now. Proper dish washing will come later). I'll also go back like 15 pages and make a list of everything everyone has reported or mentioned and then start addressing them. Time to play catch up.

I've finally finished the first stage of the meat/leather overhaul. Everything seems to be working. Vanilla meats still in game, but you shouldn't be running into them unless you edb embark with it or god mode spawn. Traders will be bringing my items instead. For now they behave in the same way that vanilla did recipe-wise, but that will get expanded upon. If for some reason you do get a vanilla meat type, you can still make jerky from it (for now).

Guns will now use boiled leather instead of any leather. Boiled Leather made at cook stove or pro cook stove. Hide, Smooth and Furred leathers can be boiled (optional Exotic leather, but you really shouldn't). Wool can't be. Wool creatures now drop their wool upon shearing and butchering (didn't want 2 items to 1 creature). Icicat and Feenix will now have leather and no longer drop heart on death. Butcher them to get that heart.

Animals should now be allowed to eat delicious meats. Domestic cats are disabled due to numerous errors. Ignore the "domestic cat file is missing" yellow error. Stupid cats. Good riddance.

Apparel should hopefully no longer get the unfinished thing error. Went over all the recipes and made more unique unfinished things for them (no longer possible to pull items they are not allowed to use, as unfinished thing matches their recipe exactly).

Leathers are: Hide, Smooth, Furry, Exotic and Wool. Hides are rough, hairless or somewhere between. Smooth is like short haired, soft to the touch types. Fur is like thick ones, like most of the dogs. Wool is shearable, thick stuff for the most part. Thrumbos can now be sheared. I tried to vary up most recipes on the categories used, will go over again at some point to fine tune. Exotic leathers right now still retain their stats from what they were before, but I plan to make them even more unique. Same with meats. Want to add another feathered creature or 2 and add feathers as an item as well. Pillow fights anyone? :)

I did some other stuff but I can't remember what it was. Storytellers now display their quotation, giving a little more insight on what they are like and whatnot. It was always in their file but not displayed. Rey's quote is best.

Normally my editing is done and committed at the end of the day. This time it took me like 4-5 days to get it fully functional. :)

Fantastic! thanks for your work!, Will I need to start a new map for this to work?, Just spent the last day or so getting a minus 40 Tundra colony up and going.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 09, 2016, 11:39:13 PM
Fantastic! thanks for your work!, Will I need to start a new map for this to work?, Just spent the last day or so getting a minus 40 Tundra colony up and going.
Probably. Take your time. All I've really done is pave the basics of my plan out here. There's much more to come once I've caught up on user reports. Hospitality was updated last night too, hopefully resolving the flag issues. I'll do a bit of a rework on meals so there will be a point to some of the things people normally ignore in favor of make fine meal x500. I'll also remove a few redundant ones in favor of more specialized ones.

Seems I forgot to include the new leathers as materials for buildings. Whoops. I committed an edit to fix that. Haha.

Also fixing vanilla leather from generating. They didn't gen in my test but after merging the commit, they did again. Found the solution.