[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Kadrush

Version 2.5 - Randy Random (rough difficulty) just killed my game, lol. I was playing with Phoebe, but got bored (oh the regret).

1- He sent a tribal war in my map (factions spamming raids and attacking each other, ocasionally skimishing my base). On the raid I captured around 5 tribals and just couldnt (i am to nice guy for that) kill or release them (most of them lost a leg on the fight). One of the prisioners committed suicide (nice coding, lol)
2-  One month latter, he sent a Cold Snap at end of may, killing all my crops (with the lack of seeds = dead on the winter). i managed to save some food and seeds from the potato crops, but lost my bamboo and corn ones.
3- Shortly after he spammed insectoids which wandered around the map, killing my hunting attempts to compensate the crops lost to the cold snap. I had to many injured people to put a fight on the insects. = starvation = bezerks = more injured people
4- Finally, on june, 5 colonists (out of 10) and 2 prisioners caught Malaria.

Lesson learned, back your saves each 6 months...

Not sure if I curse you or thank you for such amazing difficult on an intermediate level

Grogfeld

Quote from: Kadrush on March 10, 2016, 11:02:32 AM
Version 2.5 - Randy Random (rough difficulty) just killed my game, lol. I was playing with Phoebe, but got bored (oh the regret).

1- He sent a tribal war in my map (factions spamming raids and attacking each other, ocasionally skimishing my base). On the raid I captured around 5 tribals and just couldnt (i am to nice guy for that) kill or release them (most of them lost a leg on the fight). One of the prisioners committed suicide (nice coding, lol)
2-  One month latter, he sent a Cold Snap at end of may, killing all my crops (with the lack of seeds = dead on the winter). i managed to save some food and seeds from the potato crops, but lost my bamboo and corn ones.
3- Shortly after he spammed insectoids which wandered around the map, killing my hunting attempts to compensate the crops lost to the cold snap. I had to many injured people to put a fight on the insects. = starvation = bezerks = more injured people

Not sure if I curse you or thank you for such amazing difficult on an intermediate level

And now I want to play with RR :D Are there problems when you switch between storytellers?

mark_valley

How to overcome the lack of spare parts?

This is the second game I play using the mod. The first one was a little bit ago. I remember spare parts consumed 30 metal and could be made easily with steel bars.

Now it needs 15 metal and 15 high conductivity. I am stuck on a game because I have no more spare parts and can't find copper or aluminium anywhere. Also, no traders are bringing it with then. Basically I am just researching, hunting and crop-growing very basic vegetables forever.

Is there any way to overcome this situation or I can only sit and wait for a trader?

Masquerine

Quote from: mark_valley on March 10, 2016, 12:20:14 PM
How to overcome the lack of spare parts?

This is the second game I play using the mod. The first one was a little bit ago. I remember spare parts consumed 30 metal and could be made easily with steel bars.

Now it needs 15 metal and 15 high conductivity. I am stuck on a game because I have no more spare parts and can't find copper or aluminium anywhere. Also, no traders are bringing it with then. Basically I am just researching, hunting and crop-growing very basic vegetables forever.

Is there any way to overcome this situation or I can only sit and wait for a trader?
I was worried about this being the case when the recipe got changed to be a split resource. I'll modify it to be solid again only. Solid only also works in my favor too for editing. Split resource is putting too much demand and emphasis on high con metals.

Bugfixes will come fast and dirty today, so if possible I'd recommend that you avoid updating HSK today. I'm committing when I complete each particular bugfix.

Kay, I compiled a list of reported bugs, errors and the like from a bunch of pages back. Time to squash them.

Quote from: Kadrush on March 10, 2016, 03:08:59 PM
Are you going to bring Hospitality 1.10 to your patch? I am playing it without hardcore and it is working fine. Visitors are setting flags, using guest beds, and using my joy furniture (didnt checked if they ate my food).
Hospitality 1.10d is currently in.

Added more walls to ducts, vents heater+cooler. Was oversight as both mods are standalone instead of core, so their files have to be edited to include coresk wall types. Also being standalone means they overwrote coresk changes, so revert to vanilla wall. Fixed.
Quantum Fabricator now has low idle power draw. Super large power buildings now require to be NOT under roofs. HP on antimatter reactor buffed a bit. Still has failure to come off cooldown. Sky can fix.
Spare parts now solid only. Default ingredients set to iron/steel, optional ones are red X. Same behavior for wires, mechanism, advanced mechanism, ect. Think I could apply this to buildings too, so instead of a random material at map start they could use a default, like wood or steel (but still allow everything else).
Xzero gun can now be found in stockpile+mending table.
Some weapon ammo counts adjusted to match real life version (error in copy paste lead to wrong amounts)
Antibiotics blood filter boost increased/fixed (was missing on two stages of using them).
Some other minor fixes and things.

holla if something breaks. I committed the edits to things I mentioned.

Seems I broke Sky's animal butchering. They convert MeatAmount into Gutted Corpse amount, but I'm no longer relying on MeatAmount for meats...so it breaks. He'll have to change it to also not rely on MeatAmount anymore. For now, you'll have hungry animals if they are the ones butchering (carnivores should be the only issue - herbivore and omnivore can munch on grass). Player butchering will work fine. They'll also eat any meat source just fine, as long as its not a corpse.

Kadrush

Are you going to bring Hospitality 1.10 to your patch? I am playing it without hardcore and it is working fine. Visitors are setting flags, using guest beds, and using my joy furniture (didnt checked if they ate my food).

Edgewise

Quote from: Kadrush on March 10, 2016, 11:02:32 AM

This is why I only play with Randy random.  Day 1, Malaria.  Day 4, 2 traders. (only ones I'd see for a very, very long time)  No bad events at all after the malaria for almost a month, then raid.  In the middle of that fight, raid.  I pause, scroll over to see a few more enemies and think ok, I can still deal with that probably.  Unpause, 5 seconds pass, siege.  Look over the siege party and they have a sniper.  My 'long' range weapon at this time is a DE pistol with 25.  My base was heavily trashed, all my colonists survived but one lost a finger and one lost a leg, and all 4 were injured.  I get the injured treated, the dead buried, was trying to snag a couple loot items and capture one promising survivor and then a meteor (I think?) broke a wall that released a couple mechanoids.  I set up a nice defense and got one, but the other took down all but my legless colonist and that was the end.  RR is awesome fun but will sooner or later just crush you without remorse.  Still, the only story teller I use.

Delekhan

In the latest version, when a predator butchers deer no meat is created, and they don't get any food from it. It causes a single furx to kill a whole herd of deer, and still leave the furx starving.

Edgewise

Quote from: Delekhan on March 10, 2016, 11:49:39 PM
In the latest version, when a predator butchers deer no meat is created, and they don't get any food from it. It causes a single furx to kill a whole herd of deer, and still leave the furx starving.

Doh!  Quite the Furx to not get killed in the process as well.

A couple other issues I've noticed with various travelers.  When they break (which I see often since I play on large maps and currently they never eat or sleep until they pass out) They will then start eating and sleeping normally, but forget what they were doing or where they were going and just walk around the map until something kills them.

Kadrush

Well, I guess that carnivorous stuff is quite an issue, as the guy above stated, if they cant feed they will kill the whole herd, corpses will rot and food will lack (early game rellies heavily on hunting).

Also, can I add Rimsenal with Rimsenal CR patch at the end of the modpack? Will it break something? (I need more guns  ::)

testerke

Thanks for your effort.
I tried what you said and it worked but after 1 day I loaded the saved games and I got debug panel. Whatever I tried (restart game load every saved game) nothing helped. version 2.4
I downloaded the new version of the mod 2.5 and it worked (till I started to play) but I got errors again at the very bejgining of the game.
I think the mod is too buggy because there are a lot of stuff in there.
I tried fresh install and clear the appdata folder everytime to make sure it's the mod and not me!

miguelcaldeira

damn.. i would really love if my guys would stop shooting their own legs of.. im going to have a pirate colony soon..

Dudok22

Some of my colonists want to do something with pork and beef which causes them to go to it grab a bunch and then generate error  'NAME started 10 jobs in 10 ticks' after which they grab some more and it repeats. They are not assigned as cooks so I dont know what they want to do with it. Their job description just says 'Taking pork'

Mrshilka

Quote from: miguelcaldeira on March 11, 2016, 07:38:05 AM
damn.. i would really love if my guys would stop shooting their own legs of.. im going to have a pirate colony soon..

Thank Combat realism for that, somehow they equate realism with person using a long rifle shooting own legs off instead of boar on ground next to them.

Masquerine

Carnivores will now correctly butcher corpses. They now generate meat amount based on bodysize of creature (same method I was using for meatgen).

Will look into meat+recipe. I think I've found it. <ticker> didn't need to be on the meats. Seems fine so far.

People shooting own parts off might be due to the point blank accuracy not being 100%. So if PB was like 20%, they shoot and end up shooting their foot off or something. I bet that's it. Else, bug to find somewhere else to fix (disallow projectile on same tile as shooter).

Keep reports, suggestions and possible issues coming. We can only address things if we are aware of them.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Masquerine on March 11, 2016, 10:04:31 AM
Carnivores will now correctly butcher corpses. They now generate meat amount based on bodysize of creature (same method I was using for meatgen).

Will look into meat+recipe. I think I've found it. <ticker> didn't need to be on the meats. Seems fine so far.

People shooting own parts off might be due to the point blank accuracy not being 100%. So if PB was like 20%, they shoot and end up shooting their foot off or something. I bet that's it. Else, bug to find somewhere else to fix (disallow projectile on same tile as shooter).

Keep reports, suggestions and possible issues coming. We can only address things if we are aware of them.

Thank you SK team for your hard work!.