[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Fafn1r

I've been playing with this mod pack for a while. I have to say that you guys did a great job - after so many hours I barely scratched the surface off all the content you mixed together. The furthest I got was  preparing to manufacture electronic chips, but I didn't have anyone with enough Crafting skill. The rest of my colonies are attempts to survive on a desert, one is in progress.

What I feel like is missing from the mod pack is a minor overhaul of treating wounds and diseases. Currently there is no distinction between medicine, other than potency. I think it would be a good idea to replace medicine bags with separate bandages and drugs.
More importantly - how about disabling treating wounds bare handed?

Second thing - outfits. Correct me if I am wrong, but currently there is no way to auto equip infused items with specific bonuses. And bonuses are too good to allow pawns to pick them randomly. It really takes a lot of fun out of the game to have to force equip specific outfits every raid.
Currently every time I am being attacked I equip my colonists manually with weapons and armor and after the fight I equip them back with tools and +work speed apparel. There must be a better way.

I'm also worried about reaching the microchip phase again and being stuck with not enough Crafting skill. Low rate + high requirement + skill decay make it really tedious and grindy.

I've noticed few bugs in this release (carnivores fix):
- Pawns sometimes stand for hours and pick up lots of raw meat to keep it in their inventory. They do that even if jerky is available, but is lying further than the meat.
- New meat types don't seem to be spoiling at all. IIRC in my previous colony it was fine. Both of them were running on the same version of the mod pack. Current colony is made after activating and then disabling additional mods and reinstalling the modpack.
- Pawns don't get the cannibal mood debuff from Norbal (and maybe other humanoid) meat jerky.

Edgewise

Quote from: Delekhan on March 11, 2016, 02:12:20 PM

Finally, and this is important, Electronic Components are very broken. They cost far too much, and basic things like batteries and air conditioners need several of them. The glass frames and sterling silver required make them very expensive. The 15 glass frames require 30 glass batches, which in turn requires 75 sand. So 75 sand per electronic component, plus silver, plus many other things. It is insane. At least increase the number of electronic components each production batch makes.

+1 this. 

Sterling silver requires 40 silver, 2 copper, and 10 coal to make 10 sterling silver.  The base value of all the resources in the recipe is 64 silver and the value of the product is 40 silver.  Right now it's not only much less work to just buy this stuff but also much cheaper.

The cost for spare parts is 45 silver worth of copper plus 30 silver worth of steel to make 12 parts for a cost of 6.25+labor per part which has a value of only 6 each.  You lose money for making it yourself instead of just buying it.

Electronics components are worth only 100 silver each.  They require 135 silver in copper, 75 silver in glass frames, 93.75 silver in spare parts, 108.8 silver in in sterling silver (if you made these) so 412 silver for 5 which means they cost 83 each to make plus a crap-ton of work.  For the work going into them, these are way to cheap and way to frequently required. 

The easiest fix would be to increase the batch produced of some of the sub components (sterling silver and spare parts in particular) and also increase the batch size of electronics components to account for the labor involved.  Because of all the resource gathering, hording, and refining time requirements, the batch sizes should be better imo.

Some very cheap seeds plus time and a bit of harvesting atm yields a lot more value for the work.  Enough that selling surplus food stuffs and then buying electronics is more work efficient than making electronics.  Also, it requires only growing as a skill as well as no special work stations.

Edit:  Sorry, forgot the integrated circuits.  Increase the work amount and decrease the cost total of the materials in the recipe I think would be good.  These things are really tiny!  Very little material is contained in them, but a lot of work and precision (skill) is involved.  Even more so for microchips.

Mrshilka

Hey SK Team.

I have discovered a bug in my latest Colony.

Going into hardcore clothing manufacturing for my colonists using the Hyperloom.

I have found many of the recipes bug out when you try to make them.

Eg: Discharger gloves, I have them set to only use devilstrand or synthread yet it errors out and tries to make the item from something like steel ally or some type of leather, things impossible for it to be made from.

I have hundreds of each of the material I need to make these items,
Here is a screenshot of the error, (I am running the game in Dev mode to use speed 4 during quiet spots on my map)
The Makething error.

The Rimdog erro is caused by the dogs still trying to path after my ninja has deprived them of the ability to do so.

Delekhan

I cannot create any growing zones. I am playing on the Arid Shrubland biome.

Speaking of the Arid Shrubland biome, how are we supposed to smelt any steel, copper, ANYTHING without trees? Charcoal requires a LOT of wood. If we cannot make charcoal and there isn't much coal (there usually isn't) then we can't make metal.

Mrshilka

Coal, that's how I am doing it on that tundra map I am playing, mine all I can and then use the mining machines to give me more.

Delekhan

Okay, I guess with enough mining we can find sufficient coal to make something work.

However the bug where we can't make any growing zones on desert and arid shrubland biomes is a serious problem.

Edgewise

Quote from: Delekhan on March 11, 2016, 11:09:00 PM
I cannot create any growing zones. I am playing on the Arid Shrubland biome.

Speaking of the Arid Shrubland biome, how are we supposed to smelt any steel, copper, ANYTHING without trees? Charcoal requires a LOT of wood. If we cannot make charcoal and there isn't much coal (there usually isn't) then we can't make metal.

If you have neither trees nor hills/mountains with a moderate amount of coal on your map to get you started, it will be tough to get past this hurdle.

On another note, I am finding the insectiod hive raids and plunderer groups do not attack.  They enter the map and just hang out and kill stuff there.  Think I am using the next to last update or possibly from 2 builds ago, might not be the same in the current build.

Also, I think the barbed wire fence is very cool, but with the regular wood plank fence having more hp and using less material and being wood, I dunno what the use would be for barbed wire fencing.  If you made it nearly immune to normal bullets and melee attacks, requiring fire or explosives to bypass, I'd be all in!

Tiberiumkyle

Latest bleeding edge update is bleeding a bit more than usual, started a new colony, opening research tab gives this in debug log with empty research tab. Clean mod install, restarted after getting load order situated, all the stuff that normally gets a working game.

Edgewise

Weird temperature bug... With 3 AC units keeping my freezer nice and frosty, I notice that it slowly rises in temperature until I mouse over it, then it rapidly drops down again.  Like don't look at it for 2-3 days, it goes up to about 40 degrees F, then I mouse over it and it quickly drops back down to 28, which is where I have it set.  The ambient temp outside only changed 1 degree, and there was no interruption in power.

Also, I keep forgetting to bring this up.  Especially with bugs now eating clothes, please set the default to forbidden on items dropped after bugs strip corpses.  Otherwise some random person on the edge of the map dies, gets stripped, your colonists walk halfway across the map to loot some awful clothing item with 5% health, and it's gone before they make it.  Thanks. :D

Sekmeth

Quote from: Sekmeth on March 11, 2016, 04:52:47 PM
Unsure if I did something wrong, but when I open the research menu there are no techs there.

Screenshot:  http://clip2net.com/s/3vs07iL

Tried doing a full reinstall of both the game and the mod, still no go.

Screenshot: http://c2n.me/3vsV8tz

Anyone else had this happen?

Sekmeth

Quote from: Tiberiumkyle on March 12, 2016, 12:50:45 AM
Latest bleeding edge update is bleeding a bit more than usual, started a new colony, opening research tab gives this in debug log with empty research tab. Clean mod install, restarted after getting load order situated, all the stuff that normally gets a working game.

I have the exact same issue, and tried the same troubleshooting.

bobdylan21

Quick question; how does one create sugar from sugarcane? None of the production buildings seem to do the job for me. Thanks! :)

Mikk36

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54281287/RimWorld/screenshot4.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54281287/RimWorld/screenshot5.jpg

Am I doing something wrong or why do I have missing textures?

Edit: nevermind, fresh install of Rimworld fixed it. Also some other issues.

Mrshilka

Quote from: bobdylan21 on March 12, 2016, 10:29:27 AM
Quick question; how does one create sugar from sugarcane? None of the production buildings seem to do the job for me. Thanks! :)

Butchers Table.

Mrshilka

Hey SK Team.

Can you look at the Fungiponics basin, Mushrooms planted it it do not seem to grow at all, I have tried both with and without a sunlamp.