[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ijm

Sort of a small bug, but hopefully an easy one to fix:

Raptors attack zombies, but zombies don't attack raptors--not even in self-defense. So if you have a zombie raid that spawns near a raptor, you can just stay inside and wait until the raptor hunts down all the zombies.

Mrshilka

Alas I think I might be done with this mod pack, Every colony I make that ends up successful has the issue that, with all the items in this mod pack, power plants and high end resources your colony wealth skyrockets and this causes monster raids

The Mod packs security options are frankly rubbish for the wealth it generates, inaccurate weak turrets with monster power costs does not bode well for defending your colony when raids breach over 300+ pawns.

People forget the Ai does not care if it lives or dies it can make all the free pawns it wants they have no history or goals beyond killing your people.
They do not care about taking losses up to the predetermined break point.

This is my Colony wealth at around 8 years

Yes that is over 2 million (Cassandra Classic Extreme)
As you can see the raid it has just given me.

Want numbers? I got that too.

Over 300 pawns and best part of it is this is a Sapper raid, real raids will be over 400 now and Mechanoid raids will be over 250.

Nothing in this modpack that I can build will let me survive raids like this, no goal I can reach too to be able to hold the line and keep on playing.

I guess what I am trying to say it security needs to be looked at, things like base shielding like the old SC shields so you can keep your people alive
And they would need to be strong a 300+ raid put out somewhere close to 10k dps a second, 2k hp Beta Poly walls evaporate instantly under the weight of just missed shots from larger mechanoid raids.

Thanks for reading my mini rant.

Mrshilka

Quote from: ijm on March 12, 2016, 07:10:55 PM
Sort of a small bug, but hopefully an easy one to fix:

Raptors attack zombies, but zombies don't attack raptors--not even in self-defense. So if you have a zombie raid that spawns near a raptor, you can just stay inside and wait until the raptor hunts down all the zombies.

Old bug in the Zombie code since creation, not unique to this mod pack. They never fight back against animals, used to be when trapped in your base from a zombie horde a crazed animals event or later on manhunter pack event would save you.

bobdylan21

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 12, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: bobdylan21 on March 12, 2016, 10:29:27 AM
Quick question; how does one create sugar from sugarcane? None of the production buildings seem to do the job for me. Thanks! :)

Butchers Table.

Thanks!

Edgewise

Kinda cheesy tactic I know, but one way to 'hide' your wealth from the AI is to stockpile everything you want where you want it and delete stockpiles once it's siting there so it's not in your inventory.  Still, as you say, the very high end machinery will boost your wealth to the point that you must use ludicrous tactics to deal with raids.  I've had to restart a few times because my colony wealth just grew faster than my colony firepower could defend.

Edit:  Some type of cap on the enemy factions would be great, so they have a max number of people they can attack with and a manpower regain rate to limit how frequent those attacks will be.   Maybe limit the max raid size to no more than X times the number of colonists you have or something along those lines, and moved up or down based on the quality of their equipment and type of raid.

ijm

I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, or if I'm just missing something. I've attached a screenshot. As you can see: the sonar range is currently 138/50 (Current/Max). Is it supposed to go on expanding forever? I ran some power up to it because I noticed that the batteries weren't quite doing it. It's actually revealed everything on the whole map at this point. (325 map, pretty big.) (Ignore the impending zombie fun.)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Edgewise

Quote from: ijm on March 12, 2016, 10:43:11 PM
I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, or if I'm just missing something. I've attached a screenshot. As you can see: the sonar range is currently 138/50 (Current/Max). Is it supposed to go on expanding forever? I ran some power up to it because I noticed that the batteries weren't quite doing it. It's actually revealed everything on the whole map at this point. (325 map, pretty big.) (Ignore the impending zombie fun.)

The range goes up and up the longer you have it running until it hits the max, then it winds down.  I haven't used it yet in this current version but a couple versions back (like 2 days ago) it was working right as far as I could tell.  I use the biggest map size, and definitely it took multiple uses to scout out the area around me and there was still a large portion of map left I hadn't hit with it.

ijm

Quote from: Edgewise on March 13, 2016, 12:17:01 AM

The range goes up and up the longer you have it running until it hits the max, then it winds down.  I haven't used it yet in this current version but a couple versions back (like 2 days ago) it was working right as far as I could tell.  I use the biggest map size, and definitely it took multiple uses to scout out the area around me and there was still a large portion of map left I hadn't hit with it.

Right--but the Max seems to be 50 on that sonar, but as you can see it's at 138. Actually, the game's been running since I posted and it's now at 162. I assume it's just not going to stop. That can't be right.

Delekhan

I am repeatedly getting worlds generated without oil deposits or without mineral deposits. This makes the game unplayable.

There are too many bugs and problems with this modpack. I will return and try again in 3 or 4 months once things have been fixed.

Edgewise

Quote from: ijm on March 13, 2016, 01:07:22 AM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 13, 2016, 12:17:01 AM

Right--but the Max seems to be 50 on that sonar, but as you can see it's at 138. Actually, the game's been running since I posted and it's now at 162. I assume it's just not going to stop. That can't be right.

Yea, that does seem unlikely to be working as designed.  I will try it out in my current game, see if I get similar results.  I built the sonar module just a bit ago but have yet to deploy it.  Probably will be when I wake up tho, very late here atm.

Grogfeld

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 12, 2016, 07:23:18 PM
Alas I think I might be done with this mod pack, Every colony I make that ends up successful has the issue that, with all the items in this mod pack, power plants and high end resources your colony wealth skyrockets and this causes monster raids

The Mod packs security options are frankly rubbish for the wealth it generates, inaccurate weak turrets with monster power costs does not bode well for defending your colony when raids breach over 300+ pawns.

People forget the Ai does not care if it lives or dies it can make all the free pawns it wants they have no history or goals beyond killing your people.
They do not care about taking losses up to the predetermined break point.

This is my Colony wealth at around 8 years

Yes that is over 2 million (Cassandra Classic Extreme)
As you can see the raid it has just given me.

Want numbers? I got that too.

Over 300 pawns and best part of it is this is a Sapper raid, real raids will be over 400 now and Mechanoid raids will be over 250.

Nothing in this modpack that I can build will let me survive raids like this, no goal I can reach too to be able to hold the line and keep on playing.

I guess what I am trying to say it security needs to be looked at, things like base shielding like the old SC shields so you can keep your people alive
And they would need to be strong a 300+ raid put out somewhere close to 10k dps a second, 2k hp Beta Poly walls evaporate instantly under the weight of just missed shots from larger mechanoid raids.

Thanks for reading my mini rant.

From what I can see here, I think that our lovely storyteller just wanted you to say: go to sleep, you're playing now 2 weeks non stop!
Just joking. Nice raid. I couldn't play that long. Most of the time I've got a game ending bug or something like that. But yes, you have a good point. 300+ it's too big... or your enemies have cloning vats and just producing pawns.  What can I say? GG :D

Mrshilka

300 pawns is a baby raid for me though, some other mod packs I get raids like this and win.

and

I had access to dozens of defensive buildings to help me split the raids up and kill them.
Once I land on a planet I am not looking to escape I am looking to turn these raids into silver:P

bobdylan21

Thrumbo Horns. There doesn't seem to be a damned trader that will take them. Even the exotic goods trader never seems to have an offer for me. Is trading Thrumbo horns unavailable in this modpack or am i getting unlucky?

Brasidas

Great mod, gives so much to the game!

I've noticed some things that could do with fixing.

1. The stuff that's dumped with you on the planet, is no longer randomized. It's always the same stuff, from the standard prepare carefully option.
The base game was rather interesting in giving you random stuff. While I like the prepare carefully option, I prefer the random version.

2. Prisoners with their legs shot off (and no prosthetic "installed")... If you have selected the recruit or release option, they won't be fed or interacted with. No recruitment happens and they slowly starve to death. Only the 2nd option allow your colonists to feed them.

3. Colonists will for no discernible reason begin to wander around (inactive), even though they have a lot of options for activity, like priority 3 or 4s, cleaning, chopping wood, hauling etc.
And there is definitely a lot of stuff that needs to be done... All they seem to react to, is priority 1 stuff.

ijm

A very small thing:

Neither the pro cook stove or simple grill are considered "meal sources", so the "Need meal source" message stays up if you don't also have a regular cook stove.