[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Hudson161

reinstall everything didnt help, don't know whats happening, pls any advice?

Fafn1r

Quote from: Hudson161 on March 16, 2016, 09:33:56 AM
reinstall everything didnt help, don't know whats happening, pls any advice?

I got the research bug sometimes when I added optional mods, like the crash landing.

I suggest you to download latest release and reinstall everything:

QuoteUser guide for correct install.
1. Delete or transfer to another place all mods in Rimworld mods folder, except main "Core".
2. Go to: 
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder
For Linux users:
/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
For Mac users:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
Delete all the files that exist in that folder.
And copy new "ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.
3. Copy other mods into Rimworld Mods directory.
4. Check mods in the game. Play!

EDIT:

I got a slight issue with the modpack and I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I play on RR Challenge and for some reason I am only being attacked by tribals and nightblades. I know there is a renegade base close to my colony, but they never appear. The problem is, all the guns I have is the starting Colt. With wealth growing, raids get bigger and I need to figure out how to defend myself without guns.

I either have to count on luck to get a weapon merchant visit or I need to get more colonists and equip them with melee weapons and nightblades' armors. I'll go with second option, but won't that increase raid sizes as well?

One thing's for sure - I can forget about getting microchips from shields.

Soulcube

Mrshilka

Quote from: Hargut on March 16, 2016, 06:59:19 AM
Anyone have a clue why i never see a trading ship - every hour or every 2 (real time) one pass by.
All game i couldnt buy any seeds yet... >D

RNG, I can go ingame months without seeing traders. The choice of storyteller also will affect how often you see them.

A Trader is classed as a Good event.

Mrshilka

Quote from: skyarkhangel on March 16, 2016, 07:29:10 AM
Quote from: Mrshilka on March 15, 2016, 03:06:36 AM
Quote from: Flamingwhitepony on March 14, 2016, 05:44:31 AM
Also I would recommend swapping to the RT Quantum Storage mod. Nano storage causes immense amounts of lag and overall isn't that great of a storage mod. Thanks for the awesome pack SK Team. :D

I will bump for Quantum Storage also, god I miss it, and the way it can synergise with the A2B belts is great also.

The ability to use Power into storage space is a great thing!

RT Storage added :)

Thank you!.

So happy to have RT storage I edited your work so I could fit it into my current colony using a older 2.5 build;) Thanks again:)

Edgewise

Quote from: Hargut on March 16, 2016, 06:59:19 AM
Anyone have a clue why i never see a trading ship - every hour or every 2 (real time) one pass by.
All game i couldnt buy any seeds yet... >D

Pure random luck.  Sometimes you'll have 2 at once and a trader at the same time, other times you go months without any trade ships or traders.  I had one game I thought was broke because I seriously got a trader every 2-3 days for a month, then nothing for about 6 months.

On another note... My hunter with 20 shooting skill is tasked with shooting a fly.  The fly starts to enter the same square and the hunter shoots her own leg twice and is crippled.   I know people often equate 'realism' with 'hard' but this is just dumb.  A shooter with 0 skill or maybe 1 or 2 I could see but 20?  This person can assemble a pistol while blindfolded using only her left butt cheek but if a fly gets to close she will shoot off her own leg?  Rly?  :/

Adyen

I've been playing with this mod for a while now and I've faced that problem above more than a few times.

Another thing about this mod-pack that's annoying me is how linear the research path is. You must research A-B-C-D (with maybe exceptions on things that don't really matter) because you must unlock research for each 'tier' of production structures.

While that is a mechanic that allows you to control what players have in what sort of timing, the fact that you must follow a specific research path is actually a bit annoying because there's no option in it - you have to research X to make sure you can refine Y into Z to produce what you need to get N. You can't do something like research S instead so that it can produce Z as well, or create some kind of alternate that would allow you to bypass Z completely.

Edgewise

The pump that removes water... It would be great if you could pump water into a lake to make it larger and deeper also.

Additionally, the current hospitality mod in this pack is recruiting ppl even if you don't want to recruit them.  When you're trying to maintain good relations with them, the 'convincing' ticker also goes down closer towards zero.  If it hits zero before they leave, they auto-join.  I should at least get an option like "Do you want Teabag the cranky abrasive one-armed fisherman who won't do dumb or skilled labor with a bad back and cataract in both eyes to join your colony?" so I can say no. :)

Mrshilka

Quote from: Edgewise on March 17, 2016, 12:11:07 AM
The pump that removes water... It would be great if you could pump water into a lake to make it larger and deeper also.

Additionally, the current hospitality mod in this pack is recruiting ppl even if you don't want to recruit them.  When you're trying to maintain good relations with them, the 'convincing' ticker also goes down closer towards zero.  If it hits zero before they leave, they auto-join.  I should at least get an option like "Do you want Teabag the cranky abrasive one-armed fisherman who won't do dumb or skilled labor with a bad back and cataract in both eyes to join your colony?" so I can say no. :)

I saw this as well, had a few double joining as well., remember any colonists you do not like that "join" you can quickly be fixed with a grave;)

Grogfeld

Guys, If you have problems with hospitality probably you can fix it by downloading newer version and move it somewhere near end of mod loading list. I'm on 2.5 Cataclysm version from march 5th and I had to do it because there was no flag and every time someone visited me i had a war when he left because he didn't use furniture like beds and tables or anything. Hospitality is save friendly and  most of the time you can move it or even remove it whenever you want.

Also I want to point out that Cataclysm is sooo great. I know that there are changes and bugfixes since march 5th but I have no major problems with it that I can't handle by myself. So kudos to you Team SK.

Mrshilka

I Love this mod pack, you beat what the game throws at you and sit back and think yes this is good.
Let me share a Screenshot.

Abusing the use of Impact charges to create geysers deep inside my mountain hold (some editing of the Plasma reactors so I could build them closer together, I am the builder here I say if they are too close or not:P).
Pump in the icy cold air from outside via ducts to bring the reactors efficiency up (these always sit between 60 to 120% efficiency)
Use the 2 Plasma Generators for even more power and then box them up and take advantage of the free hot hot air they provide (always 100c and up to 600c when charging) to keep my base warm via active vents.
4 Mineral extractors mining bauxite to feed them all automated via conveyors belts so all my people have to do is maintenance on the belts.
Minus the running costs of the mines and the belts and easy 25+k endless safe power.

shilum

having problems with colonists. I have work stations set up with bills that require no skill to use but when i try to get a rank 1 crafting skilled colonist to use it i keep getting "skill to low cannot use". i get this even when i try and get a rank 2 crafting colonist to use them.

Edgewise

Quote from: shilum on March 17, 2016, 04:10:47 PM
having problems with colonists. I have work stations set up with bills that require no skill to use but when i try to get a rank 1 crafting skilled colonist to use it i keep getting "skill to low cannot use". i get this even when i try and get a rank 2 crafting colonist to use them.

What are the bills?

monksu

Hello,

First, thanks for a very nice modpack. V2.4 worked fine. Then I deleted all mod directories but the Core directory and copied v2.5 with crash landing (including an updated modsConfig.xml). When I start Rimworld I get two errors:

• Could not find a type named ArchitectSense.Bootstrap
  • Could not find type named Core_SK.Genstep_Ammo from node <li class="Core_SK.Genstep_Ammo" />

Also, I can't research anything because the research box is empty. It even doesn't have Info in it.

Mrshilka

Quote from: monksu on March 17, 2016, 07:44:45 PM
Hello,

First, thanks for a very nice modpack. V2.4 worked fine. Then I deleted all mod directories but the Core directory and copied v2.5 with crash landing (including an updated modsConfig.xml). When I start Rimworld I get two errors:

• Could not find a type named ArchitectSense.Bootstrap
  • Could not find type named Core_SK.Genstep_Ammo from node <li class="Core_SK.Genstep_Ammo" />

Also, I can't research anything because the research box is empty. It even doesn't have Info in it.

Delete core as well, when you more to a newer version with these monster mod pack you basically want a clean new install of Rimworld.