[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

my colonist plant hayseed with no seeds. probaly u have it on a normal soil not rich and ive noticed how randomly they wont plant on normal soil

Mikk36

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on April 02, 2016, 06:13:59 PM
my colonist plant hayseed with no seeds. probaly u have it on a normal soil not rich and ive noticed how randomly they wont plant on normal soil

I had it on what I thought was tilled, but this could have been my issue. As I can't remember if I had it tilled prior or after changing it to seeds in my files.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Fafn1r

What files do I need to edit to change production values of making tofu and harvesting fish at an aquaculture basin?

By the way, do nutrition values affect how many items are needed to cook a meal?

Rhyssia

Quote from: Nimander on April 02, 2016, 08:48:56 PM
What files do I need to edit to change production values of making tofu and harvesting fish at an aquaculture basin?

By the way, do nutrition values affect how many items are needed to cook a meal?

Tofu:   \Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Meals_SK.XML

Aquaculture: \Mods\FishIndustry_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_FishIndustry.XML
::and::
G:\Games\RimWorldAlpha12dWin\Mods\FishIndustry_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_FishIndustry.XML

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Edgewise on March 31, 2016, 01:03:58 AM
I would like to see some re-balancing of the stats for metals.

Cast-Iron:  In the game, there is no reason to ever make this.  In reality, it is the base metal for most fabrication machinery today because it is very rigid, allowing machines to hold close tolerances repeatably and it's easily worked.  Work stations made from this metal should be as good as or better than other metals.

Copper alloy:  Very good natural anti-bacterial properties.  I'd say immunity gain should be extremely good with this material, much better than any of the other metals excepting those made from silver.  The 'work speed' of work stations made from this should be about on par with wood, maybe a tiny bit better.

Aluminum:  Stronger than steel pound for pound, but not even remotely close to as strong volume vs volume.  A thick aluminum bracket can hold a shelf better and weigh less than a thin steel bracket, but a pinky sized steel cutting tool can turn a 100 KG block of aluminum into tiny aluminum chips and not even get dull if your surface cutting speed is correct.  Aluminum work stations I'd say are mediocre.  It lacks mass to be good as a blunt weapon and is to soft to hold an edge as a blade.  It's extremely easy to work (cuts about 4-10x faster than plain carbon steel depending on the situation) so the 'work to make' I think should be about the same as copper, very very fast to build things from this metal.  Also, it's got very slow deterioration except in the presence of certain chemicals and elements like mercury.

Plain Carbon Steel:  Not as rigid as cast iron, but it won't crack or deform nearly as easily.  Much better in 'shock' impact situations such as being the barrel of a gun or the blade of a sword.  Rust deterioration is a problem.  Good overall rounded properties but high mass.  It's the most common metal in manufacturing that does not require some specific property that steel lacks in.

Alnico:  A very cool material with high resistance to heat, but it's not as strong as stainless steel or high carbon steel.  More importantly, it's a strong permanent magnet.  A magnetic weapon presents all kinds of problems...  Wearing a steel helmet when you go to work on your magnetic Alnico workbench?  I think you see where I'm going with this.  Maybe limit this to a specialized ingredient that can't be made into walls, weapons, work-stations or furniture.

If you're interested, I would like to help come up with some good info on all kinds of metals. I am a machinist who cuts this stuff into machinery parts every day. :)

Thank you, of course you can write more. I noted your wishes to next update  :)

roy2x

Question. Is it normal that the only raids early on are from norbals/nightblades? Coz without raids from factions with guns im gonna end up fighting centipedes with bows and pistols.

Grogfeld

Quote from: roy2x on April 03, 2016, 07:34:20 AM
Question. Is it normal that the only raids early on are from norbals/nightblades? Coz without raids from factions with guns im gonna end up fighting centipedes with bows and pistols.
It depend on how much wealth you have. Raids are created with points system. More wealth = more points to spend by AI on raid so if you have only norbals and savages it's because guns cost more points. If you are worried about mechanoids then try to gain wealth slowly to the point when factions with guns will show up.

Soulcube

Hi, is it possible that the ai assambley station is broken? because when i build it my savegame crashed (try it with a clean instalation, same situation)

Edit: The sonar have infinity scanning range..doesnt think its a featur.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 03, 2016, 08:11:53 AM
It depend on how much wealth you have. Raids are created with points system. More wealth = more points to spend by AI on raid so if you have only norbals and savages it's because guns cost more points. If you are worried about mechanoids then try to gain wealth slowly to the point when factions with guns will show up.

I do believe this wealth thing is unbalanced. See picture. The colony had 230k wealth, but most of the base was still unfinished, no floors, walls, temperature control and so on. I've successfully fended off a faction war with 5 waves, one after another and no support from allies. But being attacked by Skynet is a death sentence. Extremely annoying, if I don't reload saves.

Is it possible to disable Skynet raids in some file?

Rhyssia

Quote from: Nimander on April 03, 2016, 08:43:14 AM
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 03, 2016, 08:11:53 AM

I do believe this wealth thing is unbalanced. See picture. The colony had 230k wealth, but most of the base was still unfinished, no floors, walls, temperature control and so on. I've successfully fended off a faction war with 5 waves, one after another and no support from allies. But being attacked by Skynet is a death sentence. Extremely annoying, if I don't reload saves.

Is it possible to disable Skynet raids in some file?

Have you tried disabling Skynet_SK mod?

sidfu

ok found a issue. had the fall out event in middle of winter. made it thru it was pain in ass as here no effectivve way to get rid of posion in system but to force them to not go outside. when planting season got close and snow melted i have a issue where no grass or tress will spawn back in. when i tried ot use the consol to spawn in grass seeds that blow on wind i got a error saying to many plants basicaly.

whats weird this the same mod pack buiild i been useing for past week. ive gotten up to 3-4 years with np before. only thing is differnt than before is the fallout event. it killed all teh animals so thinking tthere may be invisible ghosts of the animals causeing the issue or the fact that the event happened in winter may have caused it.

to put it in simple terms grass and trees onlly spawned around endeges of map to about 30 blocks distance in then stoped spawning any new ones once snow cleared.

Gejimayu

I sometimes get this after playing a colony for a while ->> http://i.imgur.com/kKAtRaH.png?1

Even loading earlier saves from this colony or reinstalling the game and the modpack doesnt help.

This happened once when i saved my game, played for 5 mins and reloaded the save i just made...i didnt quit the game or touch any of the game files.

Any suggestions for what that could be?
thanks

Soulcube

Quote from: Gejimayu on April 03, 2016, 09:35:58 AM
I sometimes get this after playing a colony for a while ->> http://i.imgur.com/kKAtRaH.png?1

Even loading earlier saves from this colony or reinstalling the game and the modpack doesnt help.

This happened once when i saved my game, played for 5 mins and reloaded the save i just made...i didnt quit the game or touch any of the game files.

Any suggestions for what that could be?
thanks

did u build the ai assambly? Because i get the same problem with savegames when i build it.

Fafn1r