[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: Blixit on May 05, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
I've been trying the A13 dev version. I've ran into an issue where prepare carefully and crash landing would not work. After messing around with the mod orders i managed to fix them however this broke combat realism which effectively makes the game impossible to play. So my question is, how the hell do you install the "other" mods properly??  :-*

for this mod pack the order thats with the modconfig.xml is the order they need to be in changeing it will mess up the mods.

Blixit

for this mod pack the order thats with the modconfig.xml is the order they need to be in changeing it will mess up the mods.
[/quote]

I understand that.
I've since gone through the dev. version again without any "other" mods on. The reloading mechanic in combat realism is broken which makes all guns have one clip before being permanently empty (even if the proper ammunition is available). I haven't seen much talk on the dev. version so I'm guessing the a13 release has a lot more bug fixing to go and I should leave it.
Aside from that, it's looking good and I cannot wait for the release so I can lose more hours to this wonderful game.

Zakhad

Just wondering whats everyones load times for running the dev version of alpha 13 of hardcore sk? Mine takes about 5+ minutes to load :S I did some reading up on it through its something to do with audio files each taking like 3 seconds each to load or some such, someone who knows better can iterate on it.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Zakhad on May 05, 2016, 08:03:48 PM
Just wondering whats everyones load times for running the dev version of alpha 13 of hardcore sk? Mine takes about 5+ minutes to load :S I did some reading up on it through its something to do with audio files each taking like 3 seconds each to load or some such, someone who knows better can iterate on it.

Crazy Idea, are you on Windows?

Can you try disabling any additional network adapters that you are not using and see if that makes it better?

Zakhad

I only have bluetooth as "extra" network adapters under device manager, (Yes I am using windows) I have disabled them I can report that I'm not really noticing any difference. Whats the reasoning behind it? (The load times isn't the end of the world to me just seems a bit odd.)

Zakhad

Whats the general rule of thumb for reporting problems with the .dev version I downloaded the Exp_v4 Commits on May 5, 2016. I was just messing about with it, seeing how progress is going on etc. Happened to notice the game saves don't work, you can play the game fine etc but whenever I load a save i get a corrupt file error, I could post a pastebin link etc but just wondering how its done in this modpack.

Here is a small snippet of the errorlog

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Find.get_TickManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PSI.PSI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Although honestly I think it might be because i enabled EdB mod order / interface which were the only 2 mods crossed out. and i know that mod is having a lot of trouble porting over to alpha 13. But when I enabled it - I honestly didn't see any problem using it, it was working more or less flawlessly I can do prepare carefully everything works etc.

Jaxxa

Dont know what the issue is, but I header about network adapters causing an issue for KPS, and that is using the same engine, so I thought it could have been worth a try.

Epson

Hi Sky,

First thanks for the mod, followed since about 2.1 and have really liked most of the changes implemented. (Getting rid of parts was amazing, so were the mineral and oil deposits & the research tree is wonderful).

But I can't get into this edition because of shields. I LOVE the concept of blocking melee and ranged. But the damage resistance values are way too high. I tried preparing carefully to bring 3000 points of mid game guns and I still can't comfortably deal with the 3rd raid.

The shields make cheap, meat fodder enemies into a real danger because ranged characters are useless once they close the gap. I'm finding I can't kill a single enemy before the engage in melee and more often than not my colonists end up shooting each other unless I'm paying close attention.

sidfu

the mod pack takes a while to load due to the amount of assets the engine has to process.
the reason it takes 5 min to load is due to the info ammount x the game engine x your computer.

im on a low high end computer and still takes me around 3 min to load so go figure from that.

Zakhad

Quote from: sidfu on May 06, 2016, 12:34:37 AM
the mod pack takes a while to load due to the amount of assets the engine has to process.
the reason it takes 5 min to load is due to the info ammount x the game engine x your computer.

im on a low high end computer and still takes me around 3 min to load so go figure from that.

The reason i brought it up is because it only took like 30 seconds to load,(Alpha12 2.5cata) now it takes 5-10 minutes.(Alpha13 2.6dev) thats an unnatural amount of time, especially considering the amount of mods in the dev alpha 13 version is less.

To clarify I'm not looking to find out why, i'm just looking for comparisons  in alpha 13 dev.

Is it 3 minutes in Alpha 13 dev?

Zakhad

Quote from: Epson on May 06, 2016, 12:31:32 AM
Hi Sky,

First thanks for the mod, followed since about 2.1 and have really liked most of the changes implemented. (Getting rid of parts was amazing, so were the mineral and oil deposits & the research tree is wonderful).

But I can't get into this edition because of shields. I LOVE the concept of blocking melee and ranged. But the damage resistance values are way too high. I tried preparing carefully to bring 3000 points of mid game guns and I still can't comfortably deal with the 3rd raid.

The shields make cheap, meat fodder enemies into a real danger because ranged characters are useless once they close the gap. I'm finding I can't kill a single enemy before the engage in melee and more often than not my colonists end up shooting each other unless I'm paying close attention.

What storyteller are you playing on because honestly I actually find the modded storytellers really hard especially with red events so I stick to Cassandra classic on challenge. I used to play on Hildegarde on challenge which would destroy me its not impossible, but I found myself save scumming fights.

Give us a bit of context as to how your failing the fights, your just in the middle of a open area and shooting them down? Are your shots getting blocked by trees and rock chunks as they're running towards you; in other words do they have cover? What kind of guns are you using automatic, shotguns, pistols, bows? etc etc

KKorwes

Hello Sky,

I am a big fan of this mod and the changes you have made since I started using at 2.4. I was wondering if I came across a bug or it may be intentional but mosquitoes and flies are constantly sucking blood and the moment they stop to sleep there food gauge drops to zero within seconds.

To give my two-cents on other's postings. I don't have any difficulty with physical shield users. They are still rather easy to take out since the shields do take damage and you can focus on the users without shields.  My major downfall on every colony I play are the terminators. Those things are nigh invincible and all my weapons (usually LMG and assault rifles) only do crack damage to them.

The load time for me is roughly 5-10 minutes when starting theA13 if anyone is interested. I do have a strong gaming laptop (yes, laptop). The load time for A12D was around 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Shushei

KKorwes

Quote from: Shushei on May 07, 2016, 01:37:19 PM
Hello where I can download the test version for A13 ?

On page 1 click "Download latest test version on Github!" and when that page opens, click the button that says " Branch: master" and change it to Dev. Then to the right of that button click the download Zip button.

Tuco

***How do you add more Mods to Hardcore SK and ensure they work properly?
I love intricate complicated Mod Packs because they make RimWorld so much more interesting and immersive.  The Hardcore project looks exactly like something I was looking for without having to pick and choose mods one at a time(and try getting them to work together).
Having said this; How do you I load ALL the mods listed in the initial post.  I downloaded the Core Hardcore pack but it lacks the additional mods listed underneath "Core SK...".  Where are the mods listed for HardCore Project version 2.1-2.5?  Do I download and add these mods myself and copy into my mod directory and if so, where do I place them in the Mod load listing priority without breaking it?  Also, some mods require compatibility patches to be loaded as well which are not listed, for example; Combat Realism and RimFire.  What I need is some instructions on how to expand the initial Core Pack without breaking it.