[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

AllenWL

Quote from: caesius on June 17, 2016, 08:57:40 AM
is it possible to make potatos be planted without seed? as you kn, there is no such thing - 'seed of potatos' and farmers just plant potato itself and it propagate by itself.
Actually, potato seeds are a thing, it's just nobody uses them.

Duncan

Quote from: caesius on June 18, 2016, 02:16:01 AMi cant build mortars even if i researched the tech. (i have mortar crate and enough resources. but cant find build button of mortar at security tab)

I have the same issue, I had a game where I researched pretty much every security research in the whole mod just to double check it, and the defs only list the one research requirement so this is a bug. Anyone got any clue as to how to correct it?

Fridolin

Is a guide for this mod awayable?

i'm hard confused with the massive change, no idea which weapon use whatever ammo. i don't understand why a bed need components, also that sleeping bag. After I spent 2 hours for prepare carefully, i must say, this mod pack is not for rimworld beginners like me.  I'm a little bit frustrated.  :/

And sorry for my eyekiller english. 8)

notfood

Heheh, we should share our starting routes.

I play with Crash Landing. First thing to do is stabilize the chaos. Sometimes I get a big advantage from the sky, sometimes it's the curse of overpopulation or wealth. Things can get easy or tough and a lot depends on the biome.

My favorite biome to crash is the arid shrubland, easy to contain those fires, free sand! plenty of animals to hunt, enough trees to sustain yourself, just enough soil to grow things. Regardless of the biome you choose, as soon as you land, build yourself 4-8 sleeping bags and a couple of animal spots. Prioritize building under roof, building walls is slow and will take some days, find a ruin and make it your temporary base. Micromanage one pawn with the fire extinguisher (you always get one) to save all those yummy extra resources. Micromanage the hauling of healpacks, components, etc. The important things.

Anyway, you landed, you controlled the fires, and the night arrived. Everyone is shaken but they will be fine... for now. First trouble you will face is hunger. So before all that food outside rots away, put it under a roof. Hauling food is a priority those couple of days after landing. Next comes walls. Forget beds, you will run out of components. Building furniture must wait until you have a steady production. So, start with a Machining Table and get a colonist to chuck out stone blocks nonstop. Meanwhile, as you build your base, your food supplies will start running low so get yourself a Butcher Table, a Simple Grill and a Sawmill to fuel your grill, get someone to hunt and your colonists will eat jerky from now on. We have no refrigeration, fun meals will take a while. In the meantime, you will need a steady supply of parts and mechanisms, so next comes the Hand Assembling Workbench, by now you should be running out of your starting steel bars so chop some wood and build planks in the sawmill to use instead of metal bars but we will need metal bars to go anywhere so build a Hand Smelting Furnace, if you have plenty of trees you may consider charcoal, otherwise mine for coal, it's plentyful enough to last for seasons but it's non renewable. I prefer to use steel instead of cast iron because it consumes less coal and iron ore seems to be everywhere but that's up to you. Raids are about to start so build some bows and arrows in the Crafting Spot, you will want a Fueled crematorium so the mood doesn't go down with so many bodies and if you are playing with Zombie Apocalypse, it's a must have. The manager table is also a must have to free yourself from the micromanaging of tree cutting. I didn't mention the fueled Fueled Stove, it's pretty much useless until you have refrigeration (or your biome is ice sheet). Ah- don't forget to plant your potatoes, did you bring any?

After everything is stable, you should build a research bench and start climbing the tech tree. I recommend going for Power I first, it enables you to build a coal/kindling powered small refrigerator and it's not expensive. Focus on defences next, the best defence is the offense. Weapons and ammo for your starting weapons should be your next priority, you won't last long with only bows. Smithing and Crafting I research is preferable next.

Afterwards... beeline for mining research, you will run out of ores eventually and you will want those ores that didn't spawn in your map, mainly Nitre for your mulch. That Mine Extractor is going to need 700W of power, you will want a wind power turbine solely for it. Midgame is about juggling your resources, satisfying those demands, beefing up your defences and fighting raids and zombies!

Adendum, a Fishing Pier with a dedicated fisherman colonist is much much better than hunting but you need Agriculture I to process those fishes in the butcher table. Harpoons are the best early game weapon for hunting, they are ranged and use no ammo, but... what is 5 wood logs for 50 stone arrows? Well- running out of ammo in the field is a thing.

Fridolin

Duncan

The alpha 13 version is quite playable, for those still not on it. I recommend jumping in as some of the changes are very cool.

There are some bugs that cause issues however, and it is useful to know about them before you get into the mod. The current list of serious bugs I have found is as follows:

Mortars of all types can not be built (not present in security architect menu)
Workaround: You pretty much just can't have mortars. If you get any mortar crates just sell them. It was observed that sieges start creating a building with them, it may be possible to wait until they finish and then capture their mortars. Not tested.

Anesthetic (special injection, not the standard anesthetic from operations) never wears off and the affected pawn is permanently down.
Workaround: Never use this operation.
If you have a save where you have already used this it is possible to fix it by editing the save but this is only for emergencies.
Find the block (numbers may differ):

<li Class="Hediff_Implant">
<def>AnestheticInjected</def>
<ticksSinceCreation>1908288</ticksSinceCreation>
<partIndex>0</partIndex>
<severity>0.001</severity>
<ticksToDisappear>-1908288</ticksToDisappear>
</li>

and line:

<healthState>Down</healthState>

and delete them both from the save. Make sure you do this on the correct pawn definition. You do not need to replace the code with anything, just delete it.

Pawns that leave the map on away missions never return
Workaround: Never send pawns on away missions.
These pawns are retained in your saves and it is theoretically possible to get them back, I have not investigated how difficult this is and it would require a fair bit of knowledge of the internal code of the game.

Virtually every attack is insectoids and they are almost impossible to survive.
Workaround:
In the file \Mods\Core_SK\Defs\FactionDefs\Factions_Insectoids.xml you can change the frequency of these attacks by changing the line <raidCommonality>50</raidCommonality>. The number 50 can be reduced to reduce the attacks and make it so that some humans attack as well. I use 5 but you can experiment with what works for you. 5 means that insectoid attacks are very rare. The attacks are still almost impossible to survive early game.

Those are the main ones for now, enjoy.

notfood

I have working mortars. Most of my raids are zombies and pirates, this may be the seed's fault. My retrieve missions from outside map work as intended, missing forever colonists has yet to happen to me, could it be a save/load issue?

edit: Hm- I have updated CombatRealism.dll EdBPrepareCarefully.dll and Hospitality.dll so the bugs may be in there.

Shushei

Hello I have problem with zombie Apocalypse -> All of my raids are only zombies so I have no way of getting new blood other than slaves which are really rare and last 3 slave traders had all s*** slaves who wouldnt do most jobs and sux at others .

Any way to get a normal human raid from time to time ? XD

notfood

You may be getting this:

Quote from: BandOfDog on June 17, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Ok I have a few errors which involve Hospitality Mod so thought I'd post them here just to make sure these aren't the ones causing the non raiding situation!

Here's both of them http://imgur.com/a/BrNiw

Trying a different seed fix it, sometimes...

You can also spawn the raid yourself with developer tools if you don't want to regen world.

caesius

i think i found a bug. with A2B. this is the log.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

titan399

Just wanted to know if there was any way of adding the containers mod to this awesome pack? I really don't like the nano storage and I don't like having to micro manage the items coming and going form it.

If anyone has a way please post, thanks! ;)

notfood

BandOfDog

Quote from: notfood on June 19, 2016, 01:35:25 PM
You may be getting this:

Quote from: BandOfDog on June 17, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Ok I have a few errors which involve Hospitality Mod so thought I'd post them here just to make sure these aren't the ones causing the non raiding situation!

Here's both of them http://imgur.com/a/BrNiw

Trying a different seed fix it, sometimes...

You can also spawn the raid yourself with developer tools if you don't want to regen world.

Ah so those errors did mean something then? As I have little knowledge of the code I wasn't really able to ascertain much from them. Do you know what they mean notfood? Also you say you've updated certain mods, is that just a case of dragging the new mod updates in to their respective folders?

Wulfik

Quote from: notfood on June 18, 2016, 07:41:27 PM
Heheh, we should share our starting routes.

I play with Crash Landing. First thing to do is stabilize the chaos. Sometimes I get a big advantage from the sky, sometimes it's the curse of overpopulation or wealth. Things can get easy or tough and a lot depends on the biome.

My favorite biome to crash is the arid shrubland, easy to contain those fires, free sand! plenty of animals to hunt, enough trees to sustain yourself, just enough soil to grow things. Regardless of the biome you choose, as soon as you land, build yourself 4-8 sleeping bags and a couple of animal spots. Prioritize building under roof, building walls is slow and will take some days, find a ruin and make it your temporary base. Micromanage one pawn with the fire extinguisher (you always get one) to save all those yummy extra resources. Micromanage the hauling of healpacks, components, etc. The important things.

Anyway, you landed, you controlled the fires, and the night arrived. Everyone is shaken but they will be fine... for now. First trouble you will face is hunger. So before all that food outside rots away, put it under a roof. Hauling food is a priority those couple of days after landing. Next comes walls. Forget beds, you will run out of components. Building furniture must wait until you have a steady production. So, start with a Machining Table and get a colonist to chuck out stone blocks nonstop. Meanwhile, as you build your base, your food supplies will start running low so get yourself a Butcher Table, a Simple Grill and a Sawmill to fuel your grill, get someone to hunt and your colonists will eat jerky from now on. We have no refrigeration, fun meals will take a while. In the meantime, you will need a steady supply of parts and mechanisms, so next comes the Hand Assembling Workbench, by now you should be running out of your starting steel bars so chop some wood and build planks in the sawmill to use instead of metal bars but we will need metal bars to go anywhere so build a Hand Smelting Furnace, if you have plenty of trees you may consider charcoal, otherwise mine for coal, it's plentyful enough to last for seasons but it's non renewable. I prefer to use steel instead of cast iron because it consumes less coal and iron ore seems to be everywhere but that's up to you. Raids are about to start so build some bows and arrows in the Crafting Spot, you will want a Fueled crematorium so the mood doesn't go down with so many bodies and if you are playing with Zombie Apocalypse, it's a must have. The manager table is also a must have to free yourself from the micromanaging of tree cutting. I didn't mention the fueled Fueled Stove, it's pretty much useless until you have refrigeration (or your biome is ice sheet). Ah- don't forget to plant your potatoes, did you bring any?

After everything is stable, you should build a research bench and start climbing the tech tree. I recommend going for Power I first, it enables you to build a coal/kindling powered small refrigerator and it's not expensive. Focus on defences next, the best defence is the offense. Weapons and ammo for your starting weapons should be your next priority, you won't last long with only bows. Smithing and Crafting I research is preferable next.

Afterwards... beeline for mining research, you will run out of ores eventually and you will want those ores that didn't spawn in your map, mainly Nitre for your mulch. That Mine Extractor is going to need 700W of power, you will want a wind power turbine solely for it. Midgame is about juggling your resources, satisfying those demands, beefing up your defences and fighting raids and zombies!

Adendum, a Fishing Pier with a dedicated fisherman colonist is much much better than hunting but you need Agriculture I to process those fishes in the butcher table. Harpoons are the best early game weapon for hunting, they are ranged and use no ammo, but... what is 5 wood logs for 50 stone arrows? Well- running out of ammo in the field is a thing.

Thanks ! This actually helped more than anything else. I haven't played the Rim in months, I came back ( tho I still play on A12 because of this modpack ) and I forgot most of the things or things changed and I could not manage to survive very long as it became really complex game thanks to this modpack. Thanks again  ;)

Agent00Soul

Overally this is still a great modpack. The best.

A few things are broken.

CR's weight system breaks people who come "with a few items to sell"

If you sell to them they become overburdened so much that they drop half their stuff immediate and crawl towards the edge of the map and die, then you cop the -influence for dead trader.

The events.. They are just bad I am sorry to say. They don't add any fun or challenge, they are just.. terrible.
The darkness event.. happens way too often and its daft..
Earthquake.. Adds nothing to the game.. just alot of repairing for a long time..
Aboimination.. Turns every pod man into a mutant.. cant get colonists this way anymore..

if these events happened once a game.. maybe okay.. but repeated.. Its terrible.

There aren't enough raids anymore.. This may be a hospitality mod bug from what I've read elsewhere..

Mineral/mining/traders balance is all spot on. A+

Just to reitterate, great modpack overall, puts vanilla to shame.