[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Shushei

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 07, 2016, 01:53:17 PM
Separate issue:  I very much like that things like ammo can be in stacks of over 100. However, there needs to be a right click command that allows me to tell a colonist to pick up something OTHER than 1 or the entire stack. Maybe 25?

Otherwise there's not a good way to carry a sensible amount of ammo.

I just Assign colonist wepon and ammo count I want them to carry

Example my 1st weapons are colt and lee enfield
In assign tab i make new Weapon Assign call it "Colt"
Then i chose Colt and 90 ammo to be carried
Then  i set assigment to colonist A and Colonist A keep stocking his ammo to 90 if he ever runs out ( by hunting or when defending )

Shushei

Quote from: Virgil on July 07, 2016, 05:37:16 PM
Having a game now which i enjoy, but it keeps firing of an event with some vile force of darkness stuff, that kills of all my colonists even though im standing in light sources.

As of for now, no amount of lights that i have put up deters them. Is there a good way to deal with this menace , or a way to disable this event?

I hate darkness myself But I never lost colonist to it.
Have more than one room lit ( i mean dont just have 1 lamp and colonist stand n ext to it) but have a light around that lamp.
The dark spawns "degenerate" in light. Also use Hold Fire and lump all ur colonist together !
My preffered defensive room vs darkess is Hospital so that fallen down colonists can get a hospital bed asap.

mizvis

i might be confused. iv downloaded the cataclysm+ 3.0 a13 from github from the link. i installed it in the mods folder like every other mod. deleted all other mods but the core folder, and im running alpha 13. i dont know if i miss something? is this not an alpha 13 version of this mod? should i downgrade to alpha 12? something isnt working.

(i also went into the appdata config folder and deleted all other xml files and pasted the new modsconfig.xml there.)

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Shushei on July 08, 2016, 07:03:16 AM
Separate issue:  I very much like that things like ammo can be in stacks of over 100. However, there needs to be a right click command that allows me to tell a colonist to pick up something OTHER than 1 or the entire stack. Maybe 25?

I just Assign colonist wepon and ammo count I want them to carry ...

Doh!  I've never used the Combat Realism mod so I was unaware of this mechanic. This works fine as is. Once you understand it.  ::)

Havan_IronOak

For what it's worth...

There appears to be an issue with Fluffy Relations versus the other mods in this mod pack.

I spawned a Visitor group incident so as to set up my Improve relations defaults and I got one visitor without any Guest Tab to set. I was looking for an Improve Relations tick box. The Visitor was from the "We Landed" Faction.

What I DID get was an error log entry that said:
"Exception Filling Window for Fluffy_Relations.MainTabWindow_Relations:System.null.reference.exception:Object references not set to an instance of an object.  The line number then counted to 4069

I reloaded a previous save and tried again. This time I got a single visitor from Stonkley and he had the guest tab I was looking for.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 08, 2016, 12:52:59 PM
Quote from: Shushei on July 08, 2016, 07:03:16 AM

I just Assign colonist wepon and ammo count I want them to carry ...

Doh!  I've never used the Combat Realism mod so I was unaware of this mechanic. This works fine as is. Once you understand it.  ::)

Please be sure to add this one to your nice little project I saw on the wiki ;-)

Zakhad

The darkness event is quite easily to deal with as long as your colonists happen to be near each other at the time and not half way across the map, just make a 4x4 torches about 3 or so spaces apart in a square and put your colonists there and you'll be fine if not pray that your stray colonist is a plant cutter and can cut a tree and has construction to build a torch where he stands :P

FiveMinuteHero

Anyone else having the problem of when you load a save all priorities get reset back to default? its incredibly annoying every time i load up the game i have to spend 20 minutes redoing it. Playing on the test version from a few days ago.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: FiveMinuteHero on July 09, 2016, 04:46:08 AM
Anyone else having the problem of when you load a save all priorities get reset back to default? its incredibly annoying every time i load up the game i have to spend 20 minutes redoing it. Playing on the test version from a few days ago.

I downloaded a copy on July 2nd and I'm not having the problem you cited.

Havan_IronOak

I'm finding that there are some balance issues in this release that are making this a very very hard game to play (even on easy mode)

Given the frequency of illnesses I'm finding that having Herbal medicines buried so far into the development process is a bit daunting.

Also Ammo is running short based on my initial estimates and I'm nowhere near getting a functional ammo manufacturing operation up yet.

And don't get me started on Chronic Component Shortage. I've bought out every trader that's passed through and still can't manufacture my own.

Not Sure about Barbed wire but no metal requirement and 2 components per length? That seems backwards to me, no?

caesius

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 09, 2016, 11:49:29 AM
I'm finding that there are some balance issues in this release that are making this a very very hard game to play (even on easy mode)

Given the frequency of illnesses I'm finding that having Herbal medicines buried so far into the development process is a bit daunting.

Also Ammo is running short based on my initial estimates and I'm nowhere near getting a functional ammo manufacturing operation up yet.

And don't get me started on Chronic Component Shortage. I've bought out every trader that's passed through and still can't manufacture my own.

in my play, i use gleamcap as a medicine before the manufactured medicine.
and use bows arrows instead of using guns before building ammo making table.
i think it is not so unbalanced. at least in easy mod.

Havan_IronOak

I'm OK on the ammo issue. Yes, I could use bows more.

I'm NOT OK on the illness rate vs medicine issue. Illnesses spring up way too fast for the Gleamcap shrooms to keep up.  (I even got a fortuitous drop of 20 some Mushroom tinctures) I'm 69 days in and have 6 living colonists. 3 have died of plague and I've had 6 cases of malaria. (OK... 2 of those were partly my fault in not killing flies and mosquitoes as quickly as I could have)

And this is all with Phoebe Chillax on Basebuilder Level.

BTW... as an experiment I tried converting the Gleamcap to Mushroom Tincture (Luckily I have someone with medicine and cooking skills high enough) 3 Gleamcaps  for 1 Tincture  is NOT a good deal early on. 

Gleamcap (Med potency 65%)
Herbal Med (70%)
Mushroom Tincture (85%)
Medicine (100)

While I'm venting...

The fences as implemented are kinda useless. They require components and DON'T keep out predators. This doesn't seem right.  Might as well just build a log wall stockade.

caesius

if you are playing in a jungle map, i partially agree with your opinion.

Encadi

My game started lagging like hell and suddenly i noticed:

Samoyed horde all over my map

Theres probably around 8000 Samoyeds on my mapm any way to fix it? It lags everything

any idea to fix it? =( Also this is the only mod compilation i got enabled all else is vanilla

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Encadi on July 09, 2016, 03:45:10 PM
any idea to fix it?

Grenade ? Molotov? Spawning a Toxic Fallout ? :p :p

Be sure to enroll some butchers ^^

More seriously i'm pretty sure you're not the first to have this. Check some pages back

Even better try to do a search on the forum with the word Samoyed