[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

M00nStalker

Quote from: Owlchemist on July 21, 2016, 09:25:49 PM
Quote from: Great on July 21, 2016, 02:17:04 PM
Oh...also,any one know if there's a chance he add a mod that allow you to move crafting bench around like furniture?it's realy painfull right now to modify your base.

and what anyone know what is the best way to train crafting?And how do you use the mending workbench?

Yeah, one time I deconstructed all the benches in a workshop, rearranged it...then I was unhappy with what I came up with it. Said screw it and enabled god mode to reposition it a second time for free :P

I don't think they can be moved like furniture because there's a fundamental difference between furniture and workbenches (which iirc the game calls them "buildings").
Here's a mod that does just that:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20619.0

notfood

That doesn't work with HardcoreSK.

Do this:
Edit Mods/Core_SK/Defs/ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Power_SK.xml
<ThingDef Name="BenchBase" ParentName="BuildingBase" Abstract="True">
    <castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
    <staticSunShadowHeight>0.20</staticSunShadowHeight>
  </ThingDef>

Into:
<ThingDef Name="BenchBase" ParentName="BuildingBase" Abstract="True">
    <castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
    <staticSunShadowHeight>0.20</staticSunShadowHeight>
    <minifiedDef>MinifiedFurniture</minifiedDef>
  </ThingDef>

I haven't tested it. I think it should work since that's the BenchBase.

Great

Oh...also,any one know if there's a chance he add a mod that allow you to move crafting bench around like furniture?it's realy painfull right now to modify your base.

and what anyone know what is the best way to train crafting?And how do you use the mending workbench?

Yeah, one time I deconstructed all the benches in a workshop, rearranged it...then I was unhappy with what I came up with it. Said screw it and enabled god mode to reposition it a second time for free :P

I don't think they can be moved like furniture because there's a fundamental difference between furniture and workbenches (which iirc the game calls them "buildings").

Not much to say about training crafting. Just goes up with use. Keep making stuff! It might be faster to recruit someone who's better, though.
The mending bench is pretty simple to use. Build it, click it, and it's just a few checkboxes of options. What I do is slide the quality from the default 0-100% to 0-50%, so only stuff that's halfway broken get repaired. And only normal+ quality. You can then adjust your outfits to tell colonists to no longer wear equipment that's less than 50% quality, so they'll drop it, which will then queue up to repair, and once done, they should wear it again unless they found something better in the meantime.

So there's no way to actualy make some of your colonist prioritize working on the mending bench?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Great on July 22, 2016, 10:28:45 AM

Not much to say about training crafting. Just goes up with use. Keep making stuff! It might be faster to recruit someone who's better, though.
The mending bench is pretty simple to use. Build it, click it, and it's just a few checkboxes of options. What I do is slide the quality from the default 0-100% to 0-50%, so only stuff that's halfway broken get repaired. And only normal+ quality. You can then adjust your outfits to tell colonists to no longer wear equipment that's less than 50% quality, so they'll drop it, which will then queue up to repair, and once done, they should wear it again unless they found something better in the meantime.

So there's no way to actualy make some of your colonist prioritize working on the mending bench?

Can't you set pawns Mending priority to 1 and everything else lower?

Great

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 22, 2016, 12:38:47 PM
Quote from: Great on July 22, 2016, 10:28:45 AM

Can't you set pawns Mending priority to 1 and everything else lower?

But i don't have a mending job and right clicking on the bench give me nothing.

Also any chance of adding a repair bot to the game?Stuff fall apart so fast my colonist are always busy repairing and if they are busy doing something else then..well..lot of break down.

edit:i have mad skill installed,maybe it's this?

edit 2:hazmat storage don't actualy protect from rad?!how do i store uranium safely?

Zaraky

LordGem

Well it crashed for me but I am not sure I installed it right, I unzipped it in the mods folder, is that the right way looking for instructions right now but thought I would give your question an answer and maybe get others into the conversation
Rev. Gerry Mason
Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

LordGem

Hello to the SK Hardcore Team, just a note from an admirer of your great mod, for a great game. It makes the base game so much more interesting and I wanted to thank you for all the effort and time you put in. I too have gone over to the Steam Version and am eagerly waiting for your updated version 14 mod. My question to you would be are you going to put it in the Steam workshop or will it continue to be a download zipped file.

Again thanks for all the work you do,

Gerry
Rev. Gerry Mason
Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

blackmeteora

Hello everyone,

i have encountered a strange bug while playing for hours without problems. Suddenly all my colonists were starving. When i checked their needs the food level was zero. I have simple meals and potatoes but they wont eat it anymore. If there is food outside the base or when i spawn some food with developer mode outside they all start running to eat it. But if they carry it in the inside ("behind the walls") they will not eat it anymore. I even cannot cook it when its inside and when i rightclick on the stove there is the message "cannot cook... no materials" but the room ist full of potatoes (around 5k). If potatoes are lying outside i can cook it but the meal dropped inside will be ignored again. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a combination/command you can cause this (its in an allowed area btw)? Restarting the game didnt help.

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Edit: Found the solution: I capture a person and he turend into an abdomination and destroyed the prison door. Through this all rooms inside turned into "prison zone".

notfood

hahah, that's funny. Good to know. I just assume everyone is an abomination and have them carried to the special bed next to the wolves.

Some_stranger

I am willing to donate a game (60$ or less) to the person who manages to update this for Alpha 14c.  Is this even being done?  I imagine it is a heap of work.

notfood

It's not a single mod. It's a collection of mods. Money makes things complicated, let's not walk that path.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Some_stranger on July 23, 2016, 02:47:41 PM
I am willing to donate a game (60$ or less) to the person who manages to update this for Alpha 14c.  Is this even being done?  I imagine it is a heap of work.

already in work for update.
I have to say, In next version would absolutely new research tree, which will correspond to all new A13-A14 features. Rimworld has ever seen something similar.

Some_stranger

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 23, 2016, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Some_stranger on July 23, 2016, 02:47:41 PM

already in work for update.
I have to say, In next version would absolutely new research tree, which will correspond to all new A13-A14 features. Rimworld has ever seen something similar.
Hopefully my drop pod colonists are not Abominations in this release!  And out of curiousity, what mod causes Earthquakes and Forces of Darkness?  I'd like to disable those or make them much less likely to happen.

Also, medicine is such a hurdle in the game as it takes ages to be able to craft even herbal medicine because you need an Oil Refinery.  The only other way is with Weed Oil but you need Aloe Vera, which does not spawn on my map and you cannot purchase it I do not think.  For the longest time I only had the awful Gleamcap. 

EDIT:  I am editing this because the tone appears I am not thankful for your work.  So I will say:  Thank you!  You make the game very engaging!  Sorry if you feel like you are not receiving the appreciation you deserve.

greatgreengoo

I think I have said this before but I want to say it again.
Thank you all for your work and commitment through the years for this mod pack. Thank you to the original modders who allowed their mods to be in this pack. It adds many things to the game I believe should be in base game.