[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

greatgreengoo

Quote from: Epson on July 30, 2016, 06:49:23 AM
Quote from: greatgreengoo on July 28, 2016, 11:13:46 PM
I may just be an idiot here but I cannot seem to get the mending workbench to repair any apparel or weapons. Ive tried restricting unrestricting, setting defined parameters like 1%-70%, placing the damaged items right next to the bench and when I try to force a colonist (who is a crafter/smither/tailer) to use the bench, nothing comes up other than to maintain it.

Edit: I am using the A13 3.0 Cataclysm

Also having trouble understanding the Subspace Transmitter for calling trader ships. I charge it then use it but nothing happens. I have used it about 10 times with no effect. Does it need to be outside? I understand this is all an experimental build and some things are just not going to work as intended.

Literally right above your comment. Read it.

No, it needs to charge to 500/500 then you click 'Call Ship' or whatever it says then it will say 'transmitting'. The ship will come when your data is transmitted.

Ah thank you so much, I don't know how I missed that. As for the transmitter I did all that but still not working. I decided to do a clean fresh install as I noticed some recent changes in the github. Hopefully that will fix it.

Great

That would be possible to make peoples with synthetic/bionic/cybertenic,ect unable to get muscle parasite?I don't stop getting them andf it's boooriiiiing.My cyborg should be immune to this...

PhxCan

Hello, its a good job I have to say firstly.

But I encountered many problems. Some of them might be intentional but I will list them as I remember them and how I fixed if I could.

**Chicken eggs are first ones. They are not included to cooking recipes among with other eggs. This is kinda defeats the purpose of having chickens. I fixed it by adding them by coding, simply adding them to recipe categories. Like this:
    <thingCategories>
      <li>AnimalProductRaw</li>
    </thingCategories>
But they also lost their nutritional value since I noticed the way the meals made is changed. I couldn't make old nutritional cooking system work with new recipes so I increased the chicken laying eggs duration. Also changed some cooking recipes to make them a little bit more adaptable.
         <li>
            <filter>
               <categories>
                  <li>MeatRaw</li>   
               </categories>
            </filter>
            <count>2</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <categories>
                  <li>MeatRaw</li>   
                  <li>BasicPlantFoodRaw</li>
                  <li>ExtraPlantFoodRaw</li>   
               </categories>
            </filter>
            <count>6</count>
         </li>         
         <li>
            <filter>
               <categories>
                  <li>BasicPlantFoodRaw</li>
                  <li>ExtraPlantFoodRaw</li>   
               </categories>
            </filter>
            <count>2</count>
         </li>
**Mortars were not working, they were bound with a tech which doesn't exist in tech tree. Removed the requirement and they started working.

**A similar bug with sentry naval gun. But this time I couldn't find the cause. I suspect a similar cause with mortars, maybe hidden in plain sight.

(Other turrets might have similar problems, didn't check them all)

**Pawns age too fast. They aged 5 years in 150 or so days. If the planet they are on is causing their metabolism to work a lot faster this would be logical but I am sure its not the case. Couldn't solve this one.

**Not a bug but definitely irritating; when medical operations fail the parts are getting destroyed. It is frustrating to see the stuff you paid dearly for magically disappears. Cybernetic and bionic parts supposed to be durable, I cannot imagine any operational mistake by a human which can destroy them.

**Siege script is kinda broken, they bring iron ore to the construction of the mortars. So no mortars, no siege.

**Embrasures let people pass. I am certain from military history that embrasures are not designed for that. Fixed it.

**Not a bug but a personal request, glassworks old window walls were cool. I was be able to use them inside the base. I put them back in again, but it would be cool if they are included in mod too.

**ED shields were missing, I put them back in. Coded them to use mods resources. Was too lazy to integrate them into techtree, still they look cool.

**Made seeds edible. I give them to animals. Just added nutritional value and changed the edibility to make it work.

**Making much is too hard, animal dung can be a better alternative. Just have to use the same dynamic they lay eggs. Can make it decompose fast outside to avoid "littering"

It would be nice to have some suggestions on the stuff I couldn't figure out myself.

Thanks.

skyarkhangel

Thank you all for support, bug-reports, suggestions.
Developing to support the new A14 version close to completion. Currently, test release depends on Combat Realism update.
For streamers, i create a video, which can use as screen saver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzMuGxY-3k

Owlchemist

I been playing a long game of Hardcore SK for the past couple weeks. Probably over a hundred hours in my colony, and nearing the end of the technology progression.

Thanks for putting together this mod pack, it's what I keep coming back to Rimworld for :D

Having done a playthrough, here are my thoughts and suggestions:
1.) Ogres seem too easy and their corpse is worth too much (lots of leather and meat). I houserule that I just cremate their body to not take advantage of it.

2.) I also houserule not to use the corpse fired generator. It's an interesting idea but seems pretty unrealistic, since 1 body can run that thing for a good day, pumping out 750W. Perhaps instead it should have high wattage output but only last for an hour, as a means to build up your battery banks.

3.) Not sure if this is possible to change, but the map-generated ruins you get are often built of supersolids. Being able to deconstruct a few walls and construct yourself supersolid melee weapons is incredibly powerful, especially in the early game (a supersolid sword in the hands of a melee expert can basically go around one or two shotting any wild life). If there's no way to fix this, perhaps a workaround would be to instead make it so those walls aren't made out of alloys, but rather some construction resource that cannot be used for equipment smithing (eg Stein Reinforced Concrete)?

4.) In the interest in immersion with the rimworld lore, I'd like it if some content was optional, such as skynet and the lord of darkness event. Some faction names as well (eg Black Mesa People).

5.) Compared to lighting, the wattage usage of space heaters doesn't make much sense. 25W? And a ceiling light uses 80W? I'd tone down lighting and increase heating. Realistically those heaters use 400W-2000W but...that's a bit much I guess :P

6.) And last, this one probably isn't going to be a popular suggestion, and it's not specific to hardcore SK, but... I feel like my colonist's skills max out at 20/20 pretty quickly, and thereby spoil some of the fun of character development early on. This is exaggerated by this mod since there's so much more content, and you're playing longer. Skills that especially level up fast are Research, Construction and Crafting, since those skills are often being worked all day long every day.

greatgreengoo

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 31, 2016, 01:28:54 AM
Thank you all for support, bug-reports, suggestions.
Developing to support the new A14 version close to completion. Currently, test release depends on Combat Realism update.
For streamers, i create a video, which can use as screen saver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzMuGxY-3k

Thats amazing. I used to stream Rimworld on twitch a long time ago but real life got in the way. When A14 comes out I will definitely stream it and use that awesome screen saver.
My twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/greatgreengoo

Epson

Quote from: PhxCan on July 30, 2016, 11:21:22 PM

**Embrasures let people pass. I am certain from military history that embrasures are not designed for that. Fixed it.

See I did this and think its too overpowered. What I did instead was make the barbed wire impassable (because that's what it says in the description and then have that in front of my embrasures. And in fairness the embrasures are only 80% of a pawns heights, so about 1.6m if you assume 6 feet for a pawn. Most people could clamber over that.

Anyone else having an issue where pawns don't shoot at anywhere near their maximum range and wait until the enemy is super close?

PhxCan

Yes, embrasures can be quite strong for pawns or animals attacking earlier in the game. But when there are over 40 enemies, you really wish for a bunker. And as I said they are not really for human passage.
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/fortress/fig4_german_pillbox_rear_embrasure.jpg

Also I had that problem; pawns not shooting at stuff, its because their view range is narrow. If you increase it a little bit they will shoot. <fillPercent>0.7</fillPercent> that is what I did an it works for me.

legendary

StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

notfood

I don't think it's possible... Unless a mod friendly recipe+research+stats override mod appears.

silverskin

Which mod adds the darkness event? The one where shadows spawn everywhere and the event tells you to stay in the light.

I can't find it in the modlist on the first page. I need to read up on it. My base is lit up like the sun wrapped in christmas lights but I'm still getting those shadows spawning inside my base. They can often get close enough to hit one of my pawns before vanishing and they hit really, really hard.

PhxCan

Quote from: Epson on July 31, 2016, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: PhxCan on July 30, 2016, 11:21:22 PM

After playing some time, I noticed <fillPercent> do give them a better view. But they still dont attack enemies if they are not in the same "room" they have to be accessible to enemy to be able to fire at them. This is not the case before, I think this is intentional. This also prevents enemy pawns firing at you, even if they can shoot you trough openings. This is whoever made this changes on fighting mechanism really didnt want anything stopping enemy to get you. This is really stupid, because I used this defenses before in game and it didn't do much other than cutting the way for melee attackers. Enemy with guns still kicked my ass. And that IS how a realistic fight should be.

If I can fix it I will post it here, but I think it is modified with a dll file so dont expect much.

I hope they dont do the same mistakes in the later version, or at least leave the stuff modifiable.

Goo Poni

Likely something to do with CR or just a lack of polish but in the A13 version of the mod, laser turrets are described as having no need for ammo in exchange for excessive power consumption. This is incorrect as they still require ammo to be loaded and cannot fire when its depleted. Can I suggest adjusting the description to something more appropriate?

PrisonerHarvester

just bought the steam version for easy access to mods but forgot that this modpack is not on steam.... basically the game is unplayable until this mod gets updated to alpha 14. also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but is there any way to donate money to skyangelhark? i really appreciate what he/shje is doing to make this game the fun prisoner harvesting circus it is

skyarkhangel

Hello all. CR, looks like updated to A14 today by myself. Now, working with settings.