[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Goo Poni

Quote from: PrisonerHarvester on August 02, 2016, 12:38:48 AM
just bought the steam version for easy access to mods but forgot that this modpack is not on steam.... basically the game is unplayable until this mod gets updated to alpha 14. also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but is there any way to donate money to skyangelhark? i really appreciate what he/shje is doing to make this game the fun prisoner harvesting circus it is

You would have to inquire with Sky about that. There was a pretty big debacle a few months back, some of which Sky was an instigator in, involving another large modpack, permissions and donations that eventually resulted in its removal and the banning of its author. Donations are a touchy subject around here.

Parole

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 02, 2016, 03:53:51 AM
Hello all. CR, looks like updated to A14 today by myself. Now, working with settings.

Does it mean that we would see Hardcore SK A14 this week? And how would we update: manually as usual or via steam workshop?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Parole on August 02, 2016, 08:54:25 AM
Hello all. CR, looks like updated to A14 today by myself. Now, working with settings.

Does it mean that we would see Hardcore SK A14 this week? And how would we update: manually as usual or via steam workshop?

I'll be shocked if this works through workshop. Unless it's no longer necessary to overwrite part of the Core folder as in previous versions. And there is still the issue of the modsconfig.xml file, don't know if workshop can handle properly placing something like that.

Great

Is there any chance to have the federation and rimsenal-core/rimsenal pack added to this mod?

Also what is better full adrenaline rib or exoskeleton?

Reviire

Would we be seeing a standalone release of Combat Realism for Alpha 14, by you?

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Adalah217

As another poster has said, is there any chance for a push for this on github or something? This mod alone is a pretty deal and why so many are still on A13, myself included. By the way, you're a god and amazing.

Edit: I see the source is update as far as I can tell. I have no idea how to take that and make the mod, however. Thanks.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Adalah217 on August 02, 2016, 09:25:19 PM

As another poster has said, is there any chance for a push for this on github or something? This mod alone is a pretty deal and why so many are still on A13, myself included. By the way, you're a god and amazing.

Edit: I see the source is update as far as I can tell. I have no idea how to take that and make the mod, however. Thanks.

Combat Realism for vanilla version would released today.

Zakhad

Quote from: greatgreengoo on July 31, 2016, 03:00:27 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 31, 2016, 01:28:54 AM
Thank you all for support, bug-reports, suggestions.
Developing to support the new A14 version close to completion. Currently, test release depends on Combat Realism update.
For streamers, i create a video, which can use as screen saver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzMuGxY-3k

Thats amazing. I used to stream Rimworld on twitch a long time ago but real life got in the way. When A14 comes out I will definitely stream it and use that awesome screen saver.
My twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/greatgreengoo

I will second this. I'm just a budding wannabe streamer/youtuber https://www.twitch.tv/zakhad1989
I haven't streamed in a while I want to though, the video footage just me like go hrrrnngg! Lol it looks pretty sick! It doesn't look that hard to make fading image overlaying a video playback with music. (Edit why does it remind me of a remix of sleeping with sirens song humm...Scrap that I've heard this song or something similar in a FTL mod uck its bugging me where did I hear this)

A quick summery of games that I would stream are usually modded like this Rimworld hardcore SK, 7 days to die "Valmod" - Crusader kings 2 Historical Immersion Project, Dwarf fortress Masterwork, Bannished colonial charter and the likes, modding makes games so much better. But I digress

Is that the Blitzkriegsler star base ^^?

Quote from: PhxCan on July 30, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
"**Making much is too hard, animal dung can be a better alternative. Just have to use the same dynamic they lay eggs. Can make it decompose fast outside to avoid "littering"

Good suggestion I would also endorse this.

If i could make a suggestion towards the food recipes in they could be ordered in order of skill level required to make? Lavish (was it 12 or 15?) being at the top and say roasted meat grilled veg at the bottom (2) etc. Would that be possible without you having to edit each one manually in the listings? It's a minor thing so no biggy just little tweaks like that make life so much easier, as I always arrange foods in order of highest skill required to least so food gets used more equally rather than 10 roasted meats and then 10 simple meals because they decided to cook the meat first and then only had potato's left so they made simple meals instead of fine, I do manually arrange this so that recipes that require more points/items are higher on the priority but wondering if you could make the default selection is arranged by skill required.

Combat realism update?! wow just wow.. honestly wasn't expecting that for a month or so tbh.

Finally P.S/Edit how many of you actually check the work speed of various machines that you place? Because building them from different materials changes how fast they work.

ChaoticTabris

Quote from: Zakhad on August 03, 2016, 01:18:16 AM
Quote from: greatgreengoo on July 31, 2016, 03:00:27 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 31, 2016, 01:28:54 AM
Thank you all for support, bug-reports, suggestions.
Developing to support the new A14 version close to completion. Currently, test release depends on Combat Realism update.
For streamers, i create a video, which can use as screen saver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzMuGxY-3k

Thats amazing. I used to stream Rimworld on twitch a long time ago but real life got in the way. When A14 comes out I will definitely stream it and use that awesome screen saver.
My twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/greatgreengoo

I will second this. I'm just a budding wannabe streamer/youtuber https://www.twitch.tv/zakhad1989
I haven't streamed in a while I want to though, the video footage just me like go hrrrnngg! Lol it looks pretty sick! It doesn't look that hard to make fading image overlaying a video playback with music.

A quick summery of games that I would stream are usually modded like this Rimworld hardcore SK, 7 days to die "Valmod" - Crusader kings 2 Historical Immersion Project, Dwarf fortress Masterwork, Bannished colonial charter and the likes, modding makes games so much better. But I digress

Is that the Blitzkriegsler star base ^^?

Quote from: PhxCan on July 30, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
"**Making much is too hard, animal dung can be a better alternative. Just have to use the same dynamic they lay eggs. Can make it decompose fast outside to avoid "littering"

Good suggestion I would also endorse this.

If i could make a suggestion towards the food recipes in they could be ordered in order of skill level required to make? Lavish (was it 12 or 15?) being at the top and say roasted meat grilled veg at the bottom (2) etc. Would that be possible without you having to edit each one manually in the listings? It's a minor thing so no biggy just little tweaks like that make life so much easier, as I always arrange foods in order of highest skill required to least so food gets used more equally rather than 10 roasted meats and then 10 simple meals because they decided to cook the meat first and then only had potato's left so they made simple meals instead of fine, I do manually arrange this so that recipes that require more points/items are higher on the priority but wondering if you could make the default selection is arranged by skill required.

Combat realism update?! wow just wow.. honestly wasn't expecting that for a month or so tbh.

Finally P.S/Edit how many of you actually check the work speed of various machines that you place? Because building them from different materials changes how fast they work.
Also looking forward to streaming it. I just saw today that Fotos was streaming a test version  and instantly came here to see the news.

PS: I don't speak russian but used Google Translate on the title

adelexi

loving the mod!

only got 1 quick question i cant seem to figure out, where do i make prometheum?

Great

So,what's up the with *hammer* weapon?the thing explode like a grenade and tribesman spam it,the damage it's doing is pretty ridiculous.

Zakhad

Quote from: adelexi on August 03, 2016, 10:29:00 AM
loving the mod!

only got 1 quick question i cant seem to figure out, where do i make prometheum?

Ammo crafting I think.

Owlchemist

Wait... really? Can anyone second this? Would be worth knowing before I invest in the time and resources to rebuild some stuff. Afaik, material doesn't matter in the vanilla game, at least, aside from its HP.

Btw I got 2 questions I can't find an answer to. How do you use fungiponics? I got it to work for 1 batch of shrooms, but now I just get "unadapted soil" and can't find any reason why. I've tried cycling to different shrooms and rebuilding it even. And two, what can I do with the 80mm mortar crates I loot from sieges? I can't find where to assemble it like I can all the other turrets. I'm beginning to guess they're only intended to be pawn off for silver.

Morlok

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 03, 2016, 10:21:27 PM

Wait... really? Can anyone second this? Would be worth knowing before I invest in the time and resources to rebuild some stuff. Afaik, material doesn't matter in the vanilla game, at least, aside from its HP.

Btw I got 2 questions I can't find an answer to. How do you use fungiponics? I got it to work for 1 batch of shrooms, but now I just get "unadapted soil" and can't find any reason why. I've tried cycling to different shrooms and rebuilding it even. And two, what can I do with the 80mm mortar crates I loot from sieges? I can't find where to assemble it like I can all the other turrets. I'm beginning to guess they're only intended to be pawn off for silver.

Yep machine speed varies, Cast Iron have 110% work speed vs steels 80% if I remember correct.
I have seen "end game" metals giving 150% or higher.

As for fungiponics, you most likely make the same mistake I keep making... having a pawn with access to the area they are in, and with Growing skill prioritized. (Unlike Cave fungi they need to be grown).

Owlchemist

Quote from: Morlok on August 04, 2016, 01:54:15 AM
Yep machine speed varies, Cast Iron have 110% work speed vs steels 80% if I remember correct.
I have seen "end game" metals giving 150% or higher.

Yeah I see it now, on the alloy details. Interesting, though surprised to see cast iron is better than steel. I assumed cast iron is just the crappy low tier stuff since you can get more of it from iron ore than you trying to make steel.