[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

popster99

kiko

Awesome mod pack.. keep up the good work.
One question only
starting as colony(crashlanded), what i need to research to get the batteries?

CheekiestBreekiest

Serious issue w/ Razor Rain event leaving a whole bunch of null references. Literally slows game to a crawl.

Haven't found a resolution yet.

popster99

what even is the razor rain event never ever seen it before

TrashMan

I wanted to like this mod. Really did.
But you did the classic mistake of cramming shit in, so I'm gonna be brutal.
While some things the mod does are great, they are meaningless if it makes the game frustrating enough that you never want to play it again. Ever.

1st classic mistake - a bunch of cool "new" shit with new names- that's basically the same as old, but more of it and with cool names. What's the point of all of these million ores with whack names? You're just overwhelming the player with needless stuff and the need to learn these new ores and what they do.
What's the point of "Heticite" if it's just steel? Common, known ores are simple and intuitive. You know what they're used for and what they're good for.
Having more ores doesn't make the game deeper or better. I'd suggest removing and re-naming most.
KISS principle. Apply it.

2 - why the hell does cutting planks require Crafting 3?
My random jungle biome colony started with no colonist capable of crafting or high crafting, so I couldn't even make planks. Wood is the basic  resource to start with, but you can't make plank without a wood cutting bench. Which requires Stahlam or whatever you called your fantasy metal.

I would post more and gore deeper into it, but these two things alone were enough to make me quit the game.

Xraygoggles

Great modpack! It was running perfectly until I downloaded the new version from the Github on August 22 around 8pm est. Now I get the following error, even after a totally fresh reinstall:

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Components found to give to Verse.ThingCount (2x Null)
Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

These lines show up four times in red. Everything else seems to be fine and it looks like it plays alright. Although the scenarios are different. Is it ok to just play with an error like this while I wait for updates?

One more thing, I also get the bug a previous user mentioned about pallets dropping to 75 items after a load. Does this apply to all the new storage options?

popster99

well you clearly read up how to play this didn't you its quite simple if you need steel and the other parts just break down all the ship parts around the map and most if not all of those metals can be ignored and there is prepare carefully in the latest version on GitHub and many other fixes are on that version don't worry about the new ores just look through things and see what you can make stuff with or ask on here for help

popster99

Quote from: Xraygoggles on August 23, 2016, 07:39:17 AM
Great modpack! It was running perfectly until I downloaded the new version from the Github on August 22 around 8pm est. Now I get the following error, even after a totally fresh reinstall:

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Components found to give to Verse.ThingCount (2x Null)
Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

These lines show up four times in red. Everything else seems to be fine and it looks like it plays alright. Although the scenarios are different. Is it ok to just play with an error like this while I wait for updates?

One more thing, I also get the bug a previous user mentioned about pallets dropping to 75 items after a load. Does this apply to all the new storage options?
that bug is yet to be fixed and the null thing is fine and doesn't affect anything

Rhyssia

Quote from: Xraygoggles on August 23, 2016, 07:39:17 AM

Grab Skullywag's extended storage here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

Then put it last in load order. Has something to do with A14 and truncating anything over max stack size.
This version has a bypass for that and allows storage to work normally again.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Cheshire

I think I have some issues with Accipiter Hysteric storyteller on rough.

I've been wondering if anyone else had issues with random events/raids with her. Since I started, first season brought me about 18 events. 10 threats and 8 raids. Winter came and there was absolutely nothing happening whole season. Now I'm on summer and there's still silence. No caravans, traders, threats, raids. Absolute calm, boring nothing. I wonder if pacing is off or it just generally broke. Am I going to be left alone forever on my current colony or if it's caused by some other mod?

Tequilasunrise

So I have a problem ( Or i think I do ) . A fire has started in the map and since then it burn down all of the map and there was no rain trigger and then nothing no attacks no weather no nothing the maps is barren ( Though some grass and trees are growing now ) . Is this something normal is the game to busy generating the fauna flora or what . Thanks in advance

RobBrown4PM

What part of the order does Darkness and the Walking Dead get added in at?

popster99

they are option mods there for you to add if you want they don't have any order needed

Patitodo

If I start now a game, I'll spect that each new iteration from github doesn't require a new restart?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Patitodo on August 23, 2016, 11:22:41 AM
If I start now a game, I'll spect that each new iteration from github doesn't require a new restart?

I think usually not. But that can certainly depend on which mod gets updated and how drastic of an update to that mod it was.