[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

popster99

there is a bug to do with races so you can't install anything

Szara

Quote from: Nemesis688 on August 24, 2016, 02:59:07 AM
Also, does the game save the log anywhere outside of the game like it does with crashing?

Yes, in your Rimworld folder there's another folder called something like Rimworld Data, and it is in there in the output_log.txt
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Jalordon

Quote from: zoranjoza on August 24, 2016, 07:50:55 AM
Guys how can i perform-do operations? I go on health and add bill. There is harvest, amputating and eutanize. I dont have "install" leg, arm or w/e. I have in storage ARM and Advenced bionic arm. And i cant install it to anyone of my 9 colonists.
Any help?

bionics researches that it lists installation surgeries that a research unlocks, as to how I figured out this requirement.

At least when trying it out in dev mode, I was able to get the bionic surgeries to appear after doing the complete all research action on all four races (human, norbal, asari, orassan, and nova)a

It says in the in game 'Help' menu when i searched for the bionics researches that it lists installation surgeries that a research unlocks, as to how I figured out this requirement.

edit: I'm using the latest version on github, so I'm not sure if there was an issue with the official release, since the modders are still releasing updates as they go on the github page ( https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK )

Esterior

Hello all,

I'm really enjoying this mod, add so much more content to an already interesting game!
I've lately ran into some weird stuff though, I was wondering if anyone know why the following were happening...
(I am using the latest version on github as of now, I've tested each of these using development mode to minimize my user error chance)

1. the thermoelectric generator wasn't generating over 1w of power despite the temperature differences
2. Solar generator also doesn't generate over 1w of power despite getting 100% sunlight
3. After I construct the plasma generator over a geyser, it said it is out of fuel and wouldn't function. (Strangely, the plasma generator worked for me before in Hardcore SK 4.0, only stop working after I update the mod)
  3b. Also, the next upgrade of the generator on the geyser would disassemble stating support have been removed after construction everytime.
4. Hadron collider isn't yielding anti-matter for me despite how long I waited. (do I have to attach a hopper and put stuff in for it? I'm not sure)
5. the Steam nuclear thingy ( can't remember name) is not yielding enriched uranium for me, only depleted uranium seems to work

As it is, its possible that its all user errors... if so, please give advice, thank you!

**upon testing, I also realize that a wind turbine will generate 700w no matter the wind condition or anything as well.

axeladalidez

When I use prepare carefully on the crashlanded scenario "in the new version , (github)" the ship chunks just smash my colonists after spawning.

Dobroslaw

Quote from: axeladalidez on August 24, 2016, 04:02:56 PM
When I use prepare carefully on the crashlanded scenario "in the new version , (github)" the ship chunks just smash my colonists after spawning.

In Core_SK/Defs/ScenarioDefs find file Scenarios_Classic, edit, and replace

this:

<li Class="SK.ScenPart_CrashLanding">
  <def>PlayerPawnsArriveMethod</def>
  <visible>false</visible>

with this:

- <li Class="ScenPart_PlayerPawnsArriveMethod">
  <method>Standing</method>

Same change fixes Scenario_Richexplorer.

axeladalidez

Quote from: Dobroslaw on August 24, 2016, 04:19:34 PM
Quote from: axeladalidez on August 24, 2016, 04:02:56 PM

In Core_SK/Defs/ScenarioDefs find file Scenarios_Classic, edit, and replace

this:

<visible>false</visible>

with this:

- <li Class="ScenPart_PlayerPawnsArriveMethod">

Same change fixes Scenario_Richexplorer.

Creates an error on the startup that I can't see on the dev log also it doesn't work:

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dobroslaw

this:

<visible>false</visible>

with this:

<li Class="ScenPart_PlayerPawnsArriveMethod">

One minus too much, now it is ok. Attached you can find files.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

axeladalidez

Yeah now there's no crashing ship parts thanks god , thanks for giving me a hand.

Zakhad

If anyone's having missing colonists on missions its to do with weapons not being able to calculate there firepower and that's essentially crashing the mod / looping the return tick timer. The temporary solution would be to manually update Misc Insicents, as the github version is "1.14.5" as of 4:10am 25/08/2016 of making this post" and the new bug fixed version is 1.14.6 which fixed my issue. No promises it'll fix yours but it is less likely to go wrong.

Jalordon

Has anyone experienced out of memory crashes when playing on 400x400?

I noticed that the game frequently closed on its own any where from 20 - 120 minutes, and an error report generated suggested the game ran out of memory.

When i went down to 350x350 I stopped having the crashes (very rarely it would run out of memory still but almost never compared to 400x400)

Is this inevitable because of how much stuff this mod adds and how demanding 400x400 is or is there another reason for it?

sidfu

Quote from: Jalordon on August 25, 2016, 03:40:51 PM
Has anyone experienced out of memory crashes when playing on 400x400?

I noticed that the game frequently closed on its own any where from 20 - 120 minutes, and an error report generated suggested the game ran out of memory.

When i went down to 350x350 I stopped having the crashes (very rarely it would run out of memory still but almost never compared to 400x400)

Is this inevitable because of how much stuff this mod adds and how demanding 400x400 is or is there another reason for it?

rimworld is a 32bit ap so go figure from that. bigger map= more memory used. also this mod pack probaly doubles your ram usage so u going over the limit.

kaptain_kavern

Same here buddy,

But as my computer is very very very old mine crash about 2-120 sec ....

Since the adding of RA stuff.

I'm still searching for a solution on my end, will post here if i found something

skyarkhangel

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 25, 2016, 05:23:05 PM
Same here buddy,

But as my computer is very very very old mine crash about 2-120 sec ....
Since the adding of RA stuff.
I'm still searching for a solution on my end, will post here if i found something

Try to increase the paging file.
Also, since 4.0 version. You can run with Core, CCL, Combat Realism, Core_SK only.

kaptain_kavern

Héhé thx for the reply, "amigo".

I already tried increasing the paging files. But it's clearly a problem from my rig (very very old office machine without dedicated graphic card) and the mod pack run well on others computer.

I will try with only Core/CCL/CR/Core_SK, though thanks.
Else I could still try to dismantle your work bit by bit until it works ^^

(BTW I updated the Hedgedogs! mod to A14 today, as I recall it was in the pack in prior version)