[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Crazytoast42

Fences don't seem to work at all. They just function as sandbags for everything, so things will happily just waltz into my outdoor farms and eat things as they please.

popster99

as skyark said to help fix the issue increaser the paging file how do you do that

Zakhad

Loving the new mental breaks - abusive is quite funny just starting social fights everywhere, bit worried about cutting wrists and hiding in room one (suicide attempt) in that it might trigger people who have bad experiences with this. Tantrums are also funny, much more diverserty than just attacking on berserk. Also when did bows start shooting 2 arrows? I've never really used anything past great bows until Inoticed that scythian bows are able to nock two arrows

tim0901

As far as I can tell, battery efficiency doesn't seem to increase after researching infrastructure techs - is this a bug or an incorrect description?

TrashMan

Quote from: popster99 on August 23, 2016, 07:41:52 AM
well you clearly read up how to play this didn't you its quite simple if you need steel and the other parts just break down all the ship parts around the map and most if not all of those metals can be ignored and there is prepare carefully in the latest version on GitHub and many other fixes are on that version don't worry about the new ores just look through things and see what you can make stuff with or ask on here for help

I know very well how to play, but it's not FUN.
It's tedious. Adding new pointless ores adds NOTHING. They are just...there. Cluttering my map and my resource list.What exactly have you accomplished by replacing steel with Stahalmite, Plassteel with Unobtenium and so on? They serve the same purpose, but the player now has together with new names for the exact same stuff.
And what's the point of adding new fantasy ores, unless they bring something unique or interesting with them.

Chiasm

DL'd a github version yesterday and I keep getting errors about no usable PawnGroupMakers for various faction. I assume related to raids/visits.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Zakhad

Quote from: Chiasm on August 27, 2016, 10:50:34 AM
DL'd a github version yesterday and I keep getting errors about no usable PawnGroupMakers for various faction. I assume related to raids/visits.

Downloaded mine this morning like 6-8 hours ago and I haven't had this maybe it was fixed, loads of updates coming out daily so far :S

Speaking of which another big update, 1 hour ago :/

adecoy95

so i have noticed red xs on my doors indicating some kind of forbidden state at night sometimes, but usually it goes away after a little while, now tho the doors wont open at all in the morning and my colonists are stuck, what gives?

Zakhad

Quote from: adecoy95 on August 27, 2016, 12:14:02 PM
so i have noticed red xs on my doors indicating some kind of forbidden state at night sometimes, but usually it goes away after a little while, now tho the doors wont open at all in the morning and my colonists are stuck, what gives?

It's because do not disturbed is now enabled by default rather than disabled in the mod list same with darkness the only thing that isn't is the zombie mod

Szara

As Zakhad said, it is Do Not Disturb, which is situationaly either great or terrible. When a pawn goes to sleep it'll forbid all the doors to their bedroom, with horrific consequences if that bedroom happens to be most of your base. I gave it a try a while ago and really liked it at first, up until my pawns started locking their lovers/spouses out of their rooms. Then I just said screw it and started being more careful with how I layout my base and bedrooms.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

sidfu

Quote from: TrashMan on August 27, 2016, 09:51:15 AM
Quote from: popster99 on August 23, 2016, 07:41:52 AM
well you clearly read up how to play this didn't you its quite simple if you need steel and the other parts just break down all the ship parts around the map and most if not all of those metals can be ignored and there is prepare carefully in the latest version on GitHub and many other fixes are on that version don't worry about the new ores just look through things and see what you can make stuff with or ask on here for help

It's tedious. Adding new pointless ores adds NOTHING. They are just...there. Cluttering my map and my resource list.What exactly have you accomplished by replacing steel with Stahalmite, Plassteel with Unobtenium and so on? They serve the same purpose, but the player now has together with new names for the exact same stuff.
And what's the point of adding new fantasy ores, unless they bring something unique or interesting with them.

u must be playing the wrong mods as this mod pack doesnt remove steel. :o
tbh imo u need to get off your high horse >:(. they spend all this time getting 30+ mods to work together for u to use free of charge and u crying hell that they did something u dont llike? :-X

go try downloading all these mods seprate and install them and see the hundreds of errors, over writes, and graphic glitches u get.

great job on the git version guys. glad u added follow me as was tired of someone forming a bond with livestock aka the chicken or cow and the livestock following them into battle or hunting  ;D

Marduk

Quote from: TrashMan on August 27, 2016, 09:51:15 AM

Look at the new ore's info. They all have different stats, making allowing you to make better items and furniture if you use the right ore or other material. Say, you want to make an awesome sword? You look for an ore with high sharp damage stat, and preferably low melee cooldown too. Tin would suck with 50%, steel is ok with 100%, aluminium is nice with 90% and 70% cooldown, and stein is great with 140% sharp damage.
So no, they aren't pointless. Yes, it involves lots of micromanagement and confusing choices or options, but hey, i for one play the hardcore mod exactly for that.

Other material specific hint, before you can make the more advanced medical beds and use normal beds as medical ones, make them of lacosdile skin, it has really nice bonuses to treatment and immunity gain speed. That's what i love about this mod, there is a crapload of materials, and each of them has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages for every use.

Vigilence

Herbal Medicine is fairly useless when starting out due to crafting imbalances.  It requires paraffin (extracted from crude oil), which is fairly high in the tech tree.  This needs a major fix as medicine can't be used by anyone that is starting as a tribe.

adecoy95

Quote from: Szara on August 27, 2016, 03:45:33 PM

As Zakhad said, it is Do Not Disturb, which is situationaly either great or terrible. When a pawn goes to sleep it'll forbid all the doors to their bedroom, with horrific consequences if that bedroom happens to be most of your base. I gave it a try a while ago and really liked it at first, up until my pawns started locking their lovers/spouses out of their rooms. Then I just said screw it and started being more careful with how I layout my base and bedrooms.

aah thats exactly what it was, i had a room without a door, and that was causing it, easy to fix now that i know the cause, thanks!