[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

x3nit

Parole

Meh. My cannibals still get "We butchered humanlike" debaff... It is ridiculous.

Using just downloaded github version.

Zakhad

Quote from: Parole on September 03, 2016, 05:54:01 PM
Meh. My cannibals still get "We butchered humanlike" debaff... It is ridiculous.

Don't you need psychopath for that?

Szara

Quote from: Zakhad on September 03, 2016, 06:09:42 PM

In at least some versions of Harcore SK you do, in the core game you don't, as seen in this snippet from thoughts_memory_misc, (A14e)

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>ButcheredHumanlikeCorpse</defName>
    <durationDays>6.0</durationDays>
    <stackLimit>4</stackLimit>
    <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.75</stackedEffectMultiplier>
    <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>Psychopath</li>
      <li>Bloodlust</li>
      <li>Cannibal</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>I butchered humanlike</label>
        <description>I butchered someone up like an animal.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>-6</baseMoodEffect>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

Cannibal prevents the debuff the same as psychopath.. And bloodlust.

I think this is terminally stupid, your colonists likes eating people, why the hell would they care about butchering them? Good thing about this is you can easily go into the Core_SK thought defs (in Thoughts_SocialConditional.xml), find it, and add cannibal into the nullifying traits list.

I'm not actually sure if the current version of Hardcore SK has cannibal as a nullifying trait or not, it's in my version of the file, but that might be because I changed it, though I swear I haven't done that in several updates. Either way that's where the thought definition can be found.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Zakhad

Gets an awesome captive just it find out its only got like 1-2% chance on converting. Caravan comes buy, sells captive into slavery then buys him back -400 silver (1000 or so wood) but at least I wont have to wait a couple of years for a chance to convert without all the suicides & food drains on my economy lol.

grillv20

I have a question. I'm trying to play the mod but it's not wanting to work for me.  I installed the git hub version of the game and have the load order it's asking me to use but when I go to generate a map to play on(hitting the generate button) it acts like it's generating the map but just returns to the generate map screen and does nothing.

Parole

Quote from: Szara on September 03, 2016, 06:14:43 PM
Quote from: Zakhad on September 03, 2016, 06:09:42 PM

In at least some versions of Harcore SK you do, in the core game you don't, as seen in this snippet from thoughts_memory_misc, (A14e)

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>ButcheredHumanlikeCorpse</defName>
    <durationDays>6.0</durationDays>
    <stackLimit>4</stackLimit>
    <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.75</stackedEffectMultiplier>
    <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>Psychopath</li>
      <li>Bloodlust</li>
      <li>Cannibal</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>I butchered humanlike</label>
        <description>I butchered someone up like an animal.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>-6</baseMoodEffect>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

Cannibal prevents the debuff the same as psychopath.. And bloodlust.

I think this is terminally stupid, your colonists likes eating people, why the hell would they care about butchering them? Good thing about this is you can easily go into the Core_SK thought defs (in Thoughts_SocialConditional.xml), find it, and add cannibal into the nullifying traits list.

I'm not actually sure if the current version of Hardcore SK has cannibal as a nullifying trait or not, it's in my version of the file, but that might be because I changed it, though I swear I haven't done that in several updates. Either way that's where the thought definition can be found.

Well, I found that xml and checked it. It has cannibal as a nullifying trait but it just doesn't work...

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>ButcheredHumanlikeCorpseOpinion</defName>
    <thoughtClass>Thought_Tale</thoughtClass>
    <workerClass>ThoughtWorker_Tale</workerClass>
    <taleDef>ButcheredHumanlikeCorpse</taleDef>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>butchered humanlike corpse</label>
        <baseOpinionOffset>-10</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
    </stages>
    <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>Cannibal</li>
      <li>Bloodlust</li>
      <li>Psychopath</li>
  <li>Pragmatist</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>
    <nullifyingOwnTales>
      <li>ButcheredHumanlikeCorpse</li>
      <li>AteRawHumanlikeMeat</li>
    </nullifyingOwnTales>
  </ThoughtDef>

Dobroslaw

Hello,

I have a question about walk in freezer. My room size inside the mountain is 3x12, all walls are made of blocs, and I have 2 steel reverse coolers, that barly can keep up the room temperature from -1 do 1 - it fluctuates. Am I doing something wrong? Two coolers for such room arent enough? I have coridor with two autodors long for 4 squares - some kind of airlock.

Marduk

Inside a mountain? Hmm, natural temperature inside mountain mod is raising it perhaps?
Also, whats the outside temp?

Makko

Quote from: Szara on September 02, 2016, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: Makko on September 02, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
Quote from: blub01 on August 31, 2016, 02:58:23 PM
Quote from: Makko on August 31, 2016, 02:23:47 PM
So how do I treat critical radiation sickness?

well, as far as I know, there's no real way in real life, so..

Well in real life we haven't crafted a lot of plasma weapons so...

That's a terribly unfair comparison. The technology to create inefficient plasma weapons already exists. In fact we already have plasma torches, the Shiva Star project, the dense plasma focus which has been around since 1954, and technically electrolasers are plasma based weaponry, though the plasma is used to deliver an electrical shock, not as what is itself causing damage.

On the other hand radiation poisoning to the body is still essentially beyond our means to cure, it's barely even treatable. High doses of ionizing radiation cause damage on a cellular level, usually to essentially everything in the body. In order to repair damage caused by a high dose you either need to replace essentially every vital organ which suffered sufficient damage, or hope that the organs don't fail and the body repairs itself without becoming extremely tumorous. Radioactive contamination may be present in the lungs, digestive system, blood, thyroid, liver, or elsewhere and will continue to increase the dosage those organs have received. These are going to be either atoms or molecules and asides from potassium iodide pills to overload you thyroid with iodine before the radioactive version gets stuck in there, there isn't terribly much we can do about that either. A mindbogglingly advanced synthetic organ could collect the radioactive material, but it'd still have to be manually removed, or have some other ejection system rigged. Preferably to a shielded container so the person isn't spewing radioactive contamination everywhere they go. Mindbogglingly advanced since this organ would need to be able to identify individual atoms and suspect molecules and then discretely capture and remove them.

Source- Former nuclear mechanic and radiation worker.

And before the other RimWorld tech gets brought up, we are currently experimenting with fusion power and we can create antimatter, it's just prohibitively expensive, and storing it is difficult though also possible with existing technology. When it comes down to it a real world analogue to great deal of RimWorld tech as we know it is feasible within the next few hundred years, if not our lifetime. The post-transcendent worlds and a good deal of Glittertech is probably outside of that timespan though. Such a shame.

I'm talking about speeding up a process that's already in game though, it doesn't really make any sense for someone to just "get over" a dose of radiation that left them unconscious and be back at 100% the way they were before in a few months.

I agree it's incredibly difficult to do IRL,  but this is a game, and already has gamey mechanics regarding the topic.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/radiation-sickness/basics/treatment/con-20022901

There are certain marginally effective substances that are used to absorb the radioactive material, they don't need to be entirely synthetic organ filters though for example a synthetic heart filter would be a good sort of implant to increase radiation resistance and or toxic buildup dissipation rate. 

Konsulus

Advanced Bionic Legs apparently do not count as legs or at least have no feet. My colonists can't wear boots anymore because of "missing bodypart"

Tindahbawx

Figured I'd try this modpack out while I wait on CCL updating to A15....I don't think I've ever been so confused in Rimworld before, this modpack adds a LOT of stuff.  ;D

First colony died within the first few days because I didn't realise the abundant wildlife was happily chowing down on my food stocks.

ThomasCro

Is there any way to stop random wanderers from joining? I want to be full on alone all the time.