[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Tericc

Is there a wiki for this? Kinda stuck on figuring out what research i need to get the hopper for my steam plant.

EldVarg

skyarkhangel or someone else that knows, this mod has more graphics variations on some items like the chunks - how do you do that? If I would like to make a mod with more variating graphics.

Zakhad

Instead of blight destroying crops how about it turns everything into seeds of the plants that it effects. I'm basing this on blight being balanced for vanilla and didn't take into consideration that you didn't need seeds. In hardcore sk you use seeds. If you lose your crops due to a rng, there is no coming back from it; Of course you can "stockpile seeds" but when you have like a trader in the early game who happens to have a legendary 1 potato seed for sale you really don't want to lose that 1 planted seed that got to 60% due to bad rng.

I suppose what I'm getting at is blight is a vanilla mechanic and doesn't necessarily work very well with hardcore sk. There are many different solutions, like crops taking damage every 5 seconds or so until you "mend" them or something to prevent them from dying etc, something that isn't they just "die"

sidfu

Quote from: Zakhad on September 21, 2016, 08:54:11 PM
Instead of blight destroying crops how about it turns everything into seeds of the plants that it effects. I'm basing this on blight being balanced for vanilla and didn't take into consideration that you didn't need seeds. In hardcore sk you use seeds. If you lose your crops due to a rng, there is no coming back from it; Of course you can "stockpile seeds" but when you have like a trader in the early game who happens to have a legendary 1 potato seed for sale you really don't want to lose that 1 planted seed that got to 60% due to bad rng.

I suppose what I'm getting at is blight is a vanilla mechanic and doesn't necessarily work very well with hardcore sk. There are many different solutions, like crops taking damage every 5 seconds or so until you "mend" them or something to prevent them from dying etc, something that isn't they just "die"

blightt shouls be below 60% groth 10% chance of a seed. above 60% then u get a 40% chance

skyarkhangel

Quote from: EldVarg on September 21, 2016, 07:41:09 PM
skyarkhangel or someone else that knows, this mod has more graphics variations on some items like the chunks - how do you do that? If I would like to make a mod with more variating graphics.

If you did good additional variations, no problem to add your works.

EldVarg

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 22, 2016, 03:23:05 AM
Quote from: EldVarg on September 21, 2016, 07:41:09 PM

If you did good additional variations, no problem to add your works.

Yes but how to do it? Just add more sprites? Where to do tell it that you have more sprites?

Entropy147

I seem to be having issues with fixing bad backs, in that the bad back debuff appears on the torso instead of the spine.

Kidder

Hey all, first post here - thought I'd report a few bugs I've found on the latest release.

1. Raspberry plants harvest as Strawberrys.
2. Solar Panels only produce 1w power.
3. When smelting tin ore, copper alloy is produced.
4. Not sure if this is purposeful, but Wind Turbines continually produce 700w energy, regardless of weather.
5. Caveworld Flora appears to be bugged - all shrooms only grow to 5%, no further.

I'm sure I found another, but will report back if any more.

Cheers.

Zakhad

Quote from: Kidder on September 26, 2016, 11:59:07 AM
Hey all, first post here - thought I'd report a few bugs I've found on the latest release.

1. Raspberry plants harvest as Strawberrys.
2. Solar Panels only produce 1w power.
3. When smelting tin ore, copper alloy is produced.
4. Not sure if this is purposeful, but Wind Turbines continually produce 700w energy, regardless of weather.
5. Caveworld Flora appears to be bugged - all shrooms only grow to 5%, no further.

I'm sure I found another, but will report back if any more.

Cheers.

You're using the standard release version which is a very outdated version, they were fixed weeks ago on the github version which is updated daily/weekly.

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK is where you download that version. (Clone or download - download as zip) Commits is where you see whats changed recently, issues is where bug reporting is preferred, but its also a good place to see whether or not your issue has or hasn't already been reported.

I'm not trying to smite you or anything, what you're doing is good :) I feel like the github version is woefully unknown so I try to tell as many people as I can about it.

olizit

sidfu

Quote from: olizit on September 26, 2016, 04:03:59 PM
Do you recommand to clone master or stable branch ?

the master is the the most updated one. if u get it from git get from the main page and select download master. thats the most uptodate one.

caesius

it looks like you are (the only person maybe?) making updates of combat realism which was abandond by original author.
why dont you "combine" this mod to your "core"?

Zakhad

The github / forums have been quite lately, hows everyone finding the latest github from a couple of days ago or so.

skyarkhangel

Soon will be update with big rework Skynet mod from a12. Player will get a chance to receive own skynet agent.

Quote from: caesius on September 27, 2016, 05:51:57 PM
it looks like you are (the only person maybe?) making updates of combat realism which was abandond by original author.
why dont you "combine" this mod to your "core"?

I have already such big core library and its such hard to update to new Rimworld version. Bcs it becomes easier to find the error, when testing each part separately.

Quote from: olizit on September 26, 2016, 04:03:59 PM
Do you recommand to clone master or stable branch ?

Stable branch its saved version before global update to new Refuel system. Master branch - the latest.
As you want.

SupremeSoviet

Hey skyarkhangel, Is there any way to make Prepare Carefully compatable with this pack?  I love the mod pack and EB prepare and was kind of hoping for the best of both worlds but if I try to add EB Prep it tells me that there is a map generation conflict and my civi changes will be ignored.  Thanks for the time!

-SS