[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: saqib126 on October 02, 2016, 03:53:29 PM
Sometimes, seemingly randomly, the electric power using tables forget to switch between idle and full power consumption, so sometimes i have table using less power then they should, or way to much. It seems flicking off and on the table fixes this, but is there any way to permanently fix this problem?(other than digging though hundreds of lines of code to find the wrong comma)

thats a stock bug not from mod pack

@samsaq go to your main rimworld folder and look in its data folder there should be a output log look in it and see if there any errors that keep repeating. also posst what mods u trying to add

Zakhad

Quote from: samsaq on October 01, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
I don't know where exactly to post this, so I figured it should first go in the modpack post:

Basically, I've installed the pack, with some added mods (2-3) Like EdbPrepareCarefly and a dog said no crafting (couldn't lose my lab) I'm runing on a gtx970m 8 gigs of RAM and an i7, and yet I lag to around 4 fps on max speed and 10-15 on level 2, with only a basic power system. (1-2 windmills powering prosthetic workbench and glass working table etc) This seems to have suddenly "begun" as one night I just began lagging the out, and after that the lag has dissipated for a few hours, and then come back. Is this normal? Can I do anything about it so the game isn't unplayable for me? Any help is appreciated.

If you're adding EDB prepare carefully your using the outdated initial release of alpha 14 hardcore sk, its been included in the github version for over a couple of months now. There was a old pathfinding bug that I think also existed as well; in area's (Which hadn't been explored~ fog of war) where hungry creatures couldn't pathfind to find food properly, and it would re check the pathfinding causing the 1 fps of death. I haven't had that in quite a awhile but I do remember having it ages ago on a older version of this mod pack. Maybe its the same issue. Make a backup of your save enable dev mode kill all the animals see if that free's up your fps then you know its a path finding issue if it is at all, then revert back and try to kill the offending animal :S.

NightlinerSGS

Quote from: Riun on October 01, 2016, 01:46:56 PM
I either dont understand the new fuel system or there are problems with coal.

I was able to use the steel grill just fine with wooden fuel (kindlings). When I fuel it with coal it gets used up in 1 second and my cook cant use it.

Thanks for the great updates :)

I'm having the same problem. The steel grill worked fine after I placed it and used wood normally, but after I changed the setting to only use kindling it burned all the fuel instantly. Changing back to wood didn't change anything, now it also burns wood in seconds. I'm playing the master branch version, downloaded today.

Edit: Tearing it down and building a new one fixes it until you touch the fuel settings, then it goes crazy again.

Edit #2: Now it happened on it's own. It also persists through saving and reloading, so rebuilding is the only option.

samsaq

So.... about the previously mentioned issue I opened the debug menu and got this message repeating hundreds of times a second, I wonder if this is causing the lag eh? How should I deal with it? looks like a bugged out raid, with the AI being unable to create the pawns to intimate it, or something like that. Here is the pic of the log, should be attached below, anyone know how to fix this?:

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem like raids overall are broken, I can spawn regular raids and such just fine, though this raid seems to be referring to an [unknown file] several times, so something maybe be corrupted or missing.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

saqib126

Quote from: sidfu on October 03, 2016, 04:26:22 AM
Sometimes, seemingly randomly, the electric power using tables forget to switch between idle and full power consumption, so sometimes i have table using less power then they should, or way to much. It seems flicking off and on the table fixes this, but is there any way to permanently fix this problem?(other than digging though hundreds of lines of code to find the wrong comma)

K, thx for the info, Does anyone know how to make a pawn(or the crematory) burn the apparel along with the corpse that us being cremated? I have a annoyingly massive pile of low hp clothes next to my crematory.

sidfu

Quote from: saqib126 on October 06, 2016, 03:31:11 PM
Quote from: sidfu on October 03, 2016, 04:26:22 AM

K, thx for the info, Does anyone know how to make a pawn(or the crematory) burn the apparel along with the corpse that us being cremated? I have a annoyingly massive pile of low hp clothes next to my crematory.

if u buiild a table for making clothes u can disassemble the clothes for some mats

Zakhad

Quote from: samsaq on October 06, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
So.... about the previously mentioned issue I opened the debug menu and got this message repeating hundreds of times a second, I wonder if this is causing the lag eh? How should I deal with it? looks like a bugged out raid, with the AI being unable to create the pawns to intimate it, or something like that. Here is the pic of the log, should be attached below, anyone know how to fix this?:

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem like raids overall are broken, I can spawn regular raids and such just fine, though this raid seems to be referring to an [unknown file] several times, so something maybe be corrupted or missing.

Going by the fact you said you've added prepare carefully (Which is included in the recent versions) You're using a very outdated version.

This looks very much like an issue I had ages ago. It was fixed by updating the modpack to the github version which at the time was around 2 months back.

It's trying to add an items to the spawning raid's inventory which is part of combat realism that skyark at the time only initially released/ported which wasn't completely free of bugs. It was a reasonably good port considering he was taking over from the original author. But as you see this is one of these bugs that often gets overlooked.

Spawn a 100 raids and there's a good chance that you'll get a bad item compositions that wasn't updated just got overlooked.

The problem as far as I can tell that it's trying pull or reference an item that has an invalid entry. It's why you're getting null references, as it's trying to repeatedly do that action that which it cannot which is why it's causing you to loose frames (Looping bug).

The only thing that I can suggest and it's a very temporary solution at that, would be to delete the queued raid incident in the save; if you're so determined to carry on with that save. You're unlikely to get a specific fix that'll correct the entry's that's causing the issue, as I'm fairly certain its already been fixed. I haven't had that type of issue for quite a while.

So my suggested course of action would be to update your game.

samsaq

Quote from: Zakhad on October 06, 2016, 08:16:29 PM

Going by the fact you said you've added prepare carefully (Which is included in the recent versions) You're using a very outdated version.

This looks very much like an issue I had ages ago. It was fixed by updating the modpack to the github version which at the time was around 2 months back.

It's trying to add an items to the spawning raid's inventory which is part of combat realism that skyark at the time only initially released/ported which wasn't completely free of bugs. It was a reasonably good port considering he was taking over from the original author. But as you see this is one of these bugs that often gets overlooked.

Spawn a 100 raids and there's a good chance that you'll get a bad item compositions that wasn't updated just got overlooked.

The problem as far as I can tell that it's trying pull or reference an item that has an invalid entry. It's why you're getting null references, as it's trying to repeatedly do that action that which it cannot which is why it's causing you to loose frames (Looping bug).

The only thing that I can suggest and it's a very temporary solution at that, would be to delete the queued raid incident in the save; if you're so determined to carry on with that save. You're unlikely to get a specific fix that'll correct the entry's that's causing the issue, as I'm fairly certain its already been fixed. I haven't had that type of issue for quite a while.

Thanks for the info, but I do have 2 questions:

1. Are you talking about the 4.0 hell effect release? Had gotten what I previously thought was a dev release, as it seemed to be missing workbenches needed to advance in the game, and moved on to 4.0 hell effect on the recommendation of a friend of mine.

2. How would I delete a queued raid? Just asking as I haven't decided whether or not to continue with the save, as it is my first in this game, and I am kinda attached.

Also a note: the save is ported over from a torrented version of the game, as I previously couldn't afford to buy the game (poor high school kid here) and now is being played on my new shiny official version of Rimworld. (Tm)

sidfu

Quote from: samsaq on October 06, 2016, 09:07:59 PM

1. Are you talking about the 4.0 hell effect release? Had gotten what I previously thought was a dev release, as it seemed to be missing workbenches needed to advance in the game, and moved on to 4.0 hell effect on the recommendation of a friend of mine.

2. How would I delete a queued raid? Just asking as I haven't decided whether or not to continue with the save, as it is my first in this game, and I am kinda attached.

Also a note: the save is ported over from a torrented version of the game, as I previously couldn't afford to buy the game (poor high school kid here) and now is being played on my new shiny official version of Rimworld. (Tm)

go to https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK.
now click on the clone or download button on right side of screen about middway. cllick on download
extract it somewhere
open the folder should have few things but u after the mods folder thats what u use.

that is always the newest expermental build. it comes with fixes for old buggs,new features and such.

samsaq

Quote from: sidfu on October 07, 2016, 07:24:20 AM
Quote from: samsaq on October 06, 2016, 09:07:59 PM

go to https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK.
now click on the clone or download button on right side of screen about middway. cllick on download
extract it somewhere
open the folder should have few things but u after the mods folder thats what u use.

that is always the newest expermental build. it comes with fixes for old buggs,new features and such.

If it is the latest experimental build, then it is the dev build, and not supposed to be used for public release or be fully functioning or stable, as I found out when I found that the machining table  didn't exist in that version. I'll try it and see if it works, but in the meantime, does anyone know how to cancel queued raids?

EDIT: Also, when using the dev version, how do I avoid having all of my colonists die in a crash-landed start? Every single time the large ship part/ship wreck crashes on top of them , and kills around 3 of my colonists instantly, which is really debilitating. Double edit: It seems like edb prepare carefully characters don't exit the ship normally, instead coming in cargo pods, so I guess ill be removing that ship part, and hope I can spawn it in after everyone lands. Also, is there a way to see what various tables and buildings need to be constructed? The changed UI doesn't show any of this and a colony with no seeds does need a butcher's table, and I can't figure out the new build order so I can get the resources and processing that I need chugging along.

silentlord

quick question on 2 power related items.
1.) xenon-ion generator, built and online but no power, reading the description says 250F to make power. any clue as to how to get high temps? built a small room the xenon with 4 industrial heaters and coal burner and temps struggle to stay above 100F.

2.) plasma generator. how does it work? i have a plasma reactor online and pumping power, the generator is in same room next to it, and hooked into the power grid. its producing nothing and not charging? its been 3 ingame seasons and nothing. theres no button to start charging and no interaction. confused on this one.

sidfu

@samsaq-- the team that makes this pack tend to just put out 1 offical release and then rest are all dev.
        good thing to do is when u they make a version with few bugs or runs fine for u. make sure to make
        backup of that so u can go back.
      fyi prepare careful stuff overwrites senario stuff. so say senario has them come with 100 dogs and
         prepare says 2billion then they come with 2 billion. prepare careful if used will overwrite senario items
         that u droped with.

@silentlord  the xenon-ioon generater requires fuel. the fuel system was changed and u cant manuly fuel anything any more. a hauler will ake fuel to it. if a hauler isnt refueling it then take a put the hauler in combat stand him next to the generator and tthen un combat he shooudl refuel it. on the pllasma gen on it think it produces power based on temp differnce

silentlord

@sidfu; really? hehe, what is the fuel do you know? when i click on it, it has no fuel tab or the tab that displays the internal temp etc....

p.s. holy crap those terminators are hardcore! lost half my colony to a small attack force. damned T-800s

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

just wondering.. is SK:helleffect working with release 15?

Zakhad

Quote from: sociallyawkwardsurvivor on October 08, 2016, 09:52:44 PM
just wondering.. is SK:helleffect working with release 15?

Nope, soon probably though. (< 1 month, logical guess no promises, I'm no dev.)
The alpha 14 version on the github (not hell release) looks quite close to becoming finalised soon. (Last time I said that, they did the fuel overhaul from RA; yes I know about skynet just being redone as of a few days ago) it has been developed for the past couple of months, and its reasonably stable and fleshed out. so there should be another alpha 14 stable update before they start working on alpha 15 (I am assuming I don't actually know)