[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

HurricaneHandy

Zakhad

Quote from: skyarkhangel on November 11, 2016, 04:28:14 PM
Guys, soon i made latest update on github, then start to update for a15.
Combat Realism updated. Already available for vanilla.

Alpha 14 finally being finalised?! Yippie! It will be nice not have to actually check the github every few days and updates/bugfixes until I want to move onto alpha 15. Awesome work!

@skyarkhangel: I've a question regarding that video/screen saver you made, a while back. Would it be okay if I edit it a bit? I would like to use it as a opener/introduction/indexing for hardcore SK tutorial's that I'm making. E.g. 10 seconds in I would edit in a similar fashion/style of yours adding "A Rimworld modpack tutorial" and then have video links to various 1 minute videos explaining relevant subjects which the user would select depending on what they wanted to know.

I made a couple a few weeks back, one example was foods, that I was explaining food solutions/mechanics examples such as: storage pots, jerky, harvesting strawberry's, cooking skill requirements, food poisoning etc, stuff that newer players may not understand or struggle with. I was put off making them for fear being made redundant due to updates (I made one for fuel mechanics then the whole fuel system changed lol) but since alpha 14 is finally becoming finished I've felt reinvigorated to give it another go.

Dudok22

Latest github version and this happened a minute after I repelled a raid: http://imgur.com/a/NIKT6

Looks like Escape pod incident is bugged and repeats itself every tick creating huge meteor shower. everything on the map gets destroyed after a while and it doesnt stop.

sidfu

Quote from: Dudok22 on November 12, 2016, 06:53:39 AM
Latest github version and this happened a minute after I repelled a raid: http://imgur.com/a/NIKT6

Looks like Escape pod incident is bugged and repeats itself every tick creating huge meteor shower. everything on the map gets destroyed after a while and it doesnt stop.

and he had already repllied to u on git and had already fixed it also.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Dudok22 on November 12, 2016, 06:53:39 AM

yes, it was acident with abomination, fixed in last update. Its also changed. Sorry, shit happens. :)
Also, if pawn count to low, could two drop pods.

The13thRonin

Anyone got a guide for the Ascension start scenario (you start with no seeds, just 2 of the Lee Enfield rifles).

sidfu

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 12, 2016, 12:49:18 PM
Anyone got a guide for the Ascension start scenario (you start with no seeds, just 2 of the Lee Enfield rifles).

dont need a guide. just bring a harpoon and use that for hunting. the range sucks and it sucks against armored people but vs animals till ammo production is up its the best for hunting.

anothing thing is have your cook be your hunter.

cooking 1
hunting 2 they will cook anyfood then when no meat they go hunt.

another thing i do is i keep enough roastsed meat for all people to have enough to eat 3 ddays(meat has 4 day time unfrige) then i would have enough jeerkymeat for 1 month and make it 2 months once food gets maxed.

The13thRonin

Quote from: sidfu on November 12, 2016, 11:41:22 PM
Quote from: The13thRonin on November 12, 2016, 12:49:18 PM

dont need a guide. just bring a harpoon and use that for hunting. the range sucks and it sucks against armored people but vs animals till ammo production is up its the best for hunting.

anothing thing is have your cook be your hunter.

cooking 1
hunting 2 they will cook anyfood then when no meat they go hunt.

another thing i do is i keep enough roastsed meat for all people to have enough to eat 3 ddays(meat has 4 day time unfrige) then i would have enough jeerkymeat for 1 month and make it 2 months once food gets maxed.

I don't use prepare carefully, but I can make a bow for hunting.

What do you suggest for the starting 3 colonists?

From what you said I need a Chef/Hunter.

I'm guessing I probably also need a good Crafter/Builder.

And maybe a Negotiator/Researcher/Miner?

I haven't tried taming animals yet (I'm not sure how to do it or how effective it is as a food source). I have died/lost 3 times just after getting renewable power researched. Usually a raid eventually gets through when I'm running low on ammo and I lose (that or a disaster strikes that I have no chance of surviving).

The zombies are the hardest thing... I waste a lot of arrows/bullets on them because my colonists rarely head-shot them. So I knock them down, they get up (rinse/repeat like eight times). Is there a better way to deal with them?

Also is there a way of getting a fridge going in the primitive age by any chance?

Petitpain

The13thRonin

Quote from: Petitpain on November 13, 2016, 06:04:17 AM
Ascension scenario is the classic scenario?

No I think it's called CrashLanding.

Sebrian

Any chances for No-Ammo version of combat realism for the next version ? :) i'd love the modpack to death if it was possible!

bowmore

Hi.
I'd like to ask how to build a door and a simple grill?
It tells me i don't have materials required, but it doesn't say what materials i need to build it.
Is there somewhere a list of materials used for building different stuff?

sidfu

Quote from: Sebrian on November 13, 2016, 10:42:57 AM

Any chances for No-Ammo version of combat realism for the next version ? :) i'd love the modpack to death if it was possible!

umm no u want them to disable somethign that took them alot of work to do because u want it easier hmmm NO.

@bowmore u need materials u cant build something out of nothing. think of real life and what would u build a grill out of? metal bars.
if u that new to game dont start with hardcore mod. play vanilla till u understand the core systems first.

bowmore

Quote from: sidfu on November 13, 2016, 12:46:19 PM

umm no u want them to disable somethign that took them alot of work to do because u want it easier hmmm NO.

@bowmore u need materials u cant build something out of nothing. think of real life and what would u build a grill out of? metal bars.
if u that new to game dont start with hardcore mod. play vanilla till u understand the core systems first.
I did finish vanilla, but there were always written material requirements for different constructions or items.
How does one build a door? It also does not say what it needs to.

Sebrian

Quote from: sidfu on November 13, 2016, 12:46:19 PM

I never said i want it disabled period, i was asking if it would be possible to do a version for those who prefer endless amo, as vanilla, it's my personal preference. And the question was not for you to answer, but for the creator of the modpack.