[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Jaszczur

"you have no usable materials from which to build this"

And can't do nothing. Cant make stone blocks, can't make butchers table... can't do nothing...

kaptain_kavern

I've not played this mod pack in a while but are you sure your constructions items/materials are already in a a stockpile? AFAIR if not then you will not been able to build like you described

Petitpain

Quote from: Jaszczur on November 13, 2016, 01:28:31 PM
"you have no usable materials from which to build this"

And can't do nothing. Cant make stone blocks, can't make butchers table... can't do nothing...

Deconstruct any stone wall for block and deconstruct piece of ship for component/steel/mechanism. It's confusing when you start this mod.

sidfu

since u not useing prepare cafely u have to scan the map for materials. each map hass tons of stone walls around, stone cairns(50ish stone each) and wooden totems for quick wood. to get componets look around should be 1-3 exposed compacted machinery.

ScottS9999

One thing I really like that's in DF and not in Rimworld is that when an enemy is incapacitated and a pawn melee attacks, it always attacks the head.  That makes sense to me - the pawn is not going to randomly attack and incapacitated enemy, it's going to go for the jugular.  Can this be incorporated somehow?

pethromuse

okay.. i'm not sure if this is intended.. now i'm using advanced hydroponic for potatoes and healroot in a same room, with heater, temperature is always 25'c and every day, 2~3 potatoes are gone missing, sometimes healroot too, they are just disappeared, no matter what i do, (even providing them with stable temperature and energy supply) they are just disappeared, is it bug?:(((

bowmore

Quote from: pethromuse on November 14, 2016, 07:50:38 AM
okay.. i'm not sure if this is intended.. now i'm using advanced hydroponic for potatoes and healroot in a same room, with heater, temperature is always 25'c and every day, 2~3 potatoes are gone missing, sometimes healroot too, they are just disappeared, no matter what i do, (even providing them with stable temperature and energy supply) they are just disappeared, is it bug?:(((
check if your animals are eating them

CreepyD

This happened to me in my last game, I ended up losing hundreds of seeds (most of them I had) and couldn't work out what was going on when they had been growing just fine for years in the same location.

I put it down to the poison ship that had crashed landed.  I thought the mist it puts out killed the plants, but I guess it actually kills plants all over the map.

Havocprime

Quote from: bowmore on November 13, 2016, 12:07:20 PM
Hi.
I'd like to ask how to build a door and a simple grill?
It tells me i don't have materials required, but it doesn't say what materials i need to build it.
Is there somewhere a list of materials used for building different stuff?

For the generic starting doors, you're going to need wood planks.
Planks come from sawmills, you'll need to harvest some wood, craft the sawmill (under production) and have a colonist set to crafter to work the bill.
One downside to this modpack is that it doesn't display all of the material options you can craft something out of, unless you have the material.

As for the simple grill, you'll need to break down some ship parts and haul the materials (steel/wires/components/etc) to your stockpile zone, once you have some steel you'll be able to click on the simple grill, and select 'steel' to craft it out of.

Havocprime

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 13, 2016, 04:08:10 AM
Also is there a way of getting a fridge going in the primitive age by any chance?

If this hasn't been answered already- your best bet for an early game fridge is actually utilizing the simple-grill to make meat into jerky.
The jerky itself lasts around a month if I remember correctly, and is a very cost effective way to store large quantities of meat based food early.
Hunting/cooking early game is vital, living off jerky should last you long enough until you research infrastructure I and can get a basic cooler/steam generator set up and running.

Quote from: The13thRonin on November 13, 2016, 04:08:10 AM
I haven't tried taming animals yet (I'm not sure how to do it or how effective it is as a food source). I have died/lost 3 times just after getting renewable power researched. Usually a raid eventually gets through when I'm running low on ammo and I lose (that or a disaster strikes that I have no chance of surviving).

I definitely recommend trying to start with someone who has a fairly decent animal skill, 5-6+ with a flame or two if possible.
Taming is a long term process and can be a pain in the ass when food is low, but having animals presents some pretty serious benefits.

Chickens and Turtles - Both rapidly produce eggs, if you forbid your colonists from eating them you can have a population of chickens or turtles skyrocketing within the first few weeks.
(Just make sure you farm up some hay every now and then to put in their pen)
This offers a great 'emergency' food supply through both the animals and the eggs.

Fertilized eggs also have some weird logic behind how they stack, The fun part is that a hen lays an egg every 2 days, and it takes some 6 days for an egg to hatch. However, stacks of eggs combine, and have their hatching time averaged. That means that by the end of about 8-10 days, youll spawn around 5-10 chicks. Rinse and repeat and pretty soon provided you have enough hay to sustain- youll have a huge population of chickens and can begin living off of their unfertilized eggs, and selling the grown males you don't need for a very healthy profit.

Also I'm pretty sure chickens are horny bastards, one male can support fertilizing up to 15 females if I remember correctly.
I'm not sure if all of this cluck-logic applies to turtles, but I've been told turtles are essentially slow moving chickens haha.

Lastly as for other animals, if you can tame early-game boars, they're definitely worth keeping around. Their wool produces slowly, but is worthwhile for making clothes or trading, and if you have a strong tamer you can turn your boars into hauling powerhouses in no time. You'd be amazed at how helpful having 5-6 boars hauling everything is. Plus animals don't care about their living conditions as long as they have food and a place to sleep, just make sure whatever room you have them in isn't designated as a home zone otherwise you'll waste hours cleaning up after them every day.

cloud3282

Theres a doubt about this MOD:

1- How Gardener Bot and Cooking Bot supose to work? Cause the dont haverst or cook anything.

2 - Skynet Terminators are recrutable?

3 - MAI-BOT is compatible with this mod?

Thanks.

bowmore

Quote from: Havocprime on November 14, 2016, 01:27:35 PM
Quote from: bowmore on November 13, 2016, 12:07:20 PM
Hi.
I'd like to ask how to build a door and a simple grill?
It tells me i don't have materials required, but it doesn't say what materials i need to build it.
Is there somewhere a list of materials used for building different stuff?

For the generic starting doors, you're going to need wood planks.
Planks come from sawmills, you'll need to harvest some wood, craft the sawmill (under production) and have a colonist set to crafter to work the bill.
One downside to this modpack is that it doesn't display all of the material options you can craft something out of, unless you have the material.

As for the simple grill, you'll need to break down some ship parts and haul the materials (steel/wires/components/etc) to your stockpile zone, once you have some steel you'll be able to click on the simple grill, and select 'steel' to craft it out of.
Thanks

pethromuse

Quote from: bowmore on November 14, 2016, 08:51:05 AM
Quote from: pethromuse on November 14, 2016, 07:50:38 AM
check if your animals are eating them
i solved the problem, it was poison ship near my colony.. after i destroy it, crops don't die anymore, thanks for the help anyway

caesius

HAVE 1 QUASTION

in A15  SK PACK , A2B continues to be included in this pack? (lets assume it will be updated)
or it will be replaced with industrial roller (newface mod)??

The13thRonin

How the heck do you acquire seeds if you don't prepare carefully?

Also is there a way to make sure trade caravans visit me more frequently? What can I do in-game?