[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

aiu2003

Search box is empty. Even when creating a new stockpile and selecting "Allow All," pawns still show no available stockpile when trying to haul packaged meals.

Btw, I did a fresh install of Rimworld off steam and also deleted the rimworld folder in the AppData folder.

I am also having a problem with pawns randomly completely freezing after melee fist attacking critters. I've started new colonies and am running into these two issues int he first few minutes.

sidfu

already posted the missing stockpile entries for food on git. also anyone else not getting that first colonist that auto joins at start?
if u get the error can u SS and post it on git. the error dont show in log but should be similar to the old caravan/raid bug that prevented it from spawning npc

CreepyD

Just trying the a16 version myself, great work getting the core parts running already :)

Odd bug - I built a simple bed made of dromedary leather with 82% rest efficiency.
The person sleeping in it gains rest REALLY slowly, even slower than sleeping on the floor.  After a night and most of the day sleeping their rest went from 0 to not even out of the tired zone haha.
They also seemed to not want to actually go to bed either, waiting until long past exhausted even though it was the middle of the night. All very odd.

Also noticed a bug related to the "Crash Landing" scenario which doesn't seem to work, even without using prep. carefully, no colonists spawn (different from them all dying).  Also lots of errors related to opening the fallen spaceship parts if I spawn my own colonists in debug.

Rhyssia

Bug 1:
Trader Caravans with animals showing purple/pink boxes.
Using Debug Tool:Kill will kill the animal and show correct corpse texture.
No red/yellow text in error console.

Bug 2: Red Text When Loading Map

[HugsLib] Psychology caused an exception during OnMapLoaded: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RimWorld.Trait].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RimWorld.Trait].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.RemoveTrait (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.TraitDef trait) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.MapLoaded (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnMapLoaded (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Bug 3: Error Spam -

Exception ticking WildBoar70398: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Hediff_Anxiety.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full error log:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/4819b761c90725f3864be0dbc2c6deb2/raw/89873aeb71f477a88099f62f04bbd1fd702a1511/output_log.txt

-edit-
[Fertilized Chicken Eggs] bought from traders spawn as neutral chicks
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Rhyssia

Quote from: aiu2003 on December 31, 2016, 02:32:56 PM
Stockpiles for Food>Meals are only showing Kibble, Oyster, and Pemmican. I can't haul any other meal to a stockpile.

Bug related to [RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Meals]

items are missing:

<thingCategories>
<li>FoodMeals</li>
</thingCategories>

Super Dirty Fix:
Edit [Items_Meals.xml] found in/at: [RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Meals]
Note: Saves with this fix should be compatible with newer versions as it only modifies traits of existing abstracts.

Replace code here:
STARTS LINE 6

<ThingDef Name="ResBase" Abstract="True">
<thingClass>ThingWithComps</thingClass>
<label>unspecified resource</label>
<category>Item</category>

With:

<ThingDef Name="ResBase" Abstract="True">
<label>unspecified resource</label>
<!-- Dirty Fix Start -->
<thingCategories>
<li>FoodMeals</li>
</thingCategories>
<!-- Dirty Fix End -->

and replace
LINE 39/45

<ThingDef Name="MealBase" Abstract="True">

With:

<ThingDef Name="MealBase" Abstract="True">
<!-- Dirty Fix Start -->
<thingCategories>
<li>FoodMeals</li>
</thingCategories>
<!-- Dirty Fix End -->

Edit 2-
As far as I understand this code is probably the most accurate fix as compared to a dirty patch. If Mod Author Skyarkhangel would be so kind as to add a separate drink category in the meals tab in the future, it would make the OCD part of me overjoyed.

Schio

Some animals and Pawns that have no weapon equiped, get stuck trying to melee attack for a few ingame hours.

No error messages.

aiu2003

It looks like the melee cooldown for fist/animals got modified to a a really high number. Each attack takes them a while to recover from.

Visitors that want to trade that doesn't come with animals get overloaded with their merchandise and takes forever to cross the map and will usually break/starve.

As Rhyssia mentioned, when a cargo pod crash, you get a huge error list if you have dev mode open. With dev mode close, there's no error list, but the cargo pod is always empty.

Rhyssia

Quote from: aiu2003 on December 31, 2016, 08:51:13 PM
It looks like the melee cooldown for fist/animals got modified to a a really high number. Each attack takes them a while to recover from.

Visitors that want to trade that doesn't come with animals get overloaded with their merchandise and takes forever to cross the map and will usually break/starve.

As Rhyssia mentioned, when a cargo pod crash, you get a huge error list if you have dev mode open. With dev mode close, there's no error list, but the cargo pod is always empty.

Didn't Mention, but tested and confirmed. Dropped pod, got some stone bricks and in error log long list about items can't be created, something about null map

[Tried to place thing Silver111473 in a null map.]
SK.Comploot.Spawnloot was mentioned but didn't print to verbose log.

aiu2003

Your fix worked Rhyssia, so thanks for that!

Another issue I've notice is with the mass/bulk calculation with having pawns picking up the same item. Ex. if you pick up 1 Roasted Meat, picking up more won't update the mass/bulk. I had a pawn pick up 50+ and not get encumbered. But as soon as I had that pawn pick up a different item, it updates and mass/bulk shoots into the red.

Rhyssia

Quote from: aiu2003 on December 31, 2016, 09:23:37 PM
Your fix worked Rhyssia, so thanks for that!

Another issue I've notice is with the mass/bulk calculation with having pawns picking up the same item. Ex. if you pick up 1 Roasted Meat, picking up more won't update the mass/bulk. I had a pawn pick up 50+ and not get encumbered. But as soon as I had that pawn pick up a different item, it updates and mass/bulk shoots into the red.

My guess is that is assembly related and I can't do anything to fix that.

Edit-
I DERPed.

Melee Freeze Issue:

Folder: [\RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Humanlike.xml]

<defaultCooldownTime>100</defaultCooldownTime>

Default Vanilla Value should be 1.85, probably needs fixed in a few of the files.
Speculation: May have been thought as a percentile on base as I see 100/80/70 in same file.

Working on a fix now to upload to dropbox. Files/Edits should be newer version save safe.

Edit 2- Testing Fix now.

Rhyssia

Quick and Dirty Melee Fix

Changes the 100s of seconds to between 1.1 and 5(?) second cool downs.

Replace these files: [\RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\*.*]

Should not break save compatibility when mod updates.

*Fixed Races_Animal_Dogs.xml

Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoskgaiden9t9ew/ThingDefs_Races%28Fixed%29.rar?dl=0
VirusTotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d35bae7f5ca720a82ec4be80bbb9c2a76e793de728544fda3cb041e1545a9cd6/analysis/1483265583/

sidfu

here is a fixed race dog xml. he forgot a few <

it goes into Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Races

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 01, 2017, 02:48:05 AM

Crap, THANK YOU! Fixed the error and double checking the rest now. (Two missing "<"s. in dog.xml.) Will edit previous post with fix soon.

-edit-
Anyone else refreshing this page and github to see any updates or is it just me?

sidfu

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 01, 2017, 05:03:22 AM
Quote from: sidfu on January 01, 2017, 02:48:05 AM

Crap THANK YOU!, fixed the error and double checking the rest now. (Two missing "<"s. in dog.xml.) Will edit previous post with fix soon.

that type of error when it happens the error ingame tells u where u missed it so easy to fix.

also for those who want differnt settings for darkness sk here u go. it copies teh color settings from realistic darkness

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skyarkhangel

Plz, switch off Psychology mod, so its still not compatible for some reasons. I have not time to test it compatibilty, thanks for bug-reports.
Also, if you do fixes, plz push changes to Hardcore SK github, thus you can help fix them faster.