[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Owlchemist

There's a potential balance oversight with HCSK caused by A16 that I noticed last night.

Dead man's apparel has a 90% value debuff, which works fine in vanilla. However, unlike in vanilla, in HCSK you can break apparel down into its components, which would then be worth the full value. This becomes quite noticeable when you see that the prices of textiles are much higher than they were in A14.

Not sure how you could fix though other than reverting textiles back to the pre-A16 prices.

Rhyssia

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 05, 2017, 05:49:20 PM
There's a potential balance oversight with HCSK caused by A16 that I noticed last night.

Dead man's apparel has a 90% value debuff, which works fine in vanilla. However, unlike in vanilla, in HCSK you can break apparel down into its components, which would then be worth the full value. This becomes quite noticeable when you see that the prices of textiles are much higher than they were in A14.

Not sure how you could fix though other than reverting textiles back to the pre-A16 prices.

Will put on bug tracker. May wait until A16 stable.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Makko

Some of the Primitive Flooring floors using Hay seem OP, 3 Beauty for 5 work and 4 Hay is really really cheap and easy to build compared to other floors.

It is super fast to build, works outside and is not flammable, none of which is true in real life.

----

Smelt Metal From Weapon at the Weapon Crafting Workbench does not allow you to disassemble guns, only turrets, melee weapons and bows. I don't understand why I can disassemble a Howitzer, but not a pistol.

----

The Wood Log Totems (?) that spawn on the map at start in the default scenario have the wrong height, chunks will appear on top of them if one tile above or on the base of the totem. Maybe that's just how "tall" objects work and I never noticed, it seems to be affecting the tree as well, maybe it's an issue with chunks?

http://image.prntscr.com/image/2fd442a8d26a4724a26deb2edb912c05.png

-------------

Clay Bricks don't appear in the Stone resource inventory on the left side of the screen. Not sure if intentional.

superiorx

Super Dirty Fix:
Edit [Items_Meals.xml] found in/at: [RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Meals]
Note: Saves with this fix should be compatible with newer versions as it only modifies traits of existing abstracts.

Replace code here:
STARTS LINE 6

<ThingDef Name="ResBase" Abstract="True">
<thingClass>ThingWithComps</thingClass>
<label>unspecified resource</label>
<category>Item</category>

With:

<ThingDef Name="ResBase" Abstract="True">
<label>unspecified resource</label>
<!-- Dirty Fix Start -->
<thingCategories>
<li>FoodMeals</li>
</thingCategories>
<!-- Dirty Fix End -->

and replace
LINE 39/45

<ThingDef Name="MealBase" Abstract="True">

With:

<ThingDef Name="MealBase" Abstract="True">
<!-- Dirty Fix Start -->
<thingCategories>
<li>FoodMeals</li>
</thingCategories>
<!-- Dirty Fix End -->

Edit 2-
As far as I understand this code is probably the most accurate fix as compared to a dirty patch. If Mod Author Skyarkhangel would be so kind as to add a separate drink category in the meals tab in the future, it would make the OCD part of me overjoyed.
Hi Rhyssia,
Thank you for helping people correctly install this mod pack :)
Unfortunately the quoted bug is still happening to me. I tried to apply the "super dirty fix" but the problem persists, and the debug console notes that I've doubled up on entries so I'm assuming that your fix has already been applied to the latest github download.
Any info you can give would be awesome! :D

Rhyssia

Quote from: superiorx on January 05, 2017, 11:42:55 PM
-snip-
Hi Rhyssia,
Thank you for helping people correctly install this mod pack :)
Unfortunately the quoted bug is still happening to me. I tried to apply the "super dirty fix" but the problem persists, and the debug console notes that I've doubled up on entries so I'm assuming that your fix has already been applied to the latest github download.
Any info you can give would be awesome! :D

The fix is already applied in lastest github download. Removing the fix, what exactly happens? Also if you could describe issue and attach saved game it would make it easy for me to understand.

superiorx

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 05, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
The fix is already applied in lastest github download. Removing the fix, what exactly happens? Also if you could describe issue and attach saved game it would make it easy for me to understand.
So I just downloaded another copy of Hardcore SK and did a new install of Rimworld. I started a new colony in god mode. I've got some "Jerky" on the ground, but the colonists refuse to take it to my stockpile called "Jerky Stockpile", even though it's the only allowed item and it's set as "important". I tried to upload a zipped saved game file but the system says it's too large (800k).
Thank you, Rhyssia :)

Rhyssia

Quote from: superiorx on January 06, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
Quote from: Rhyssia on January 05, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
So I just downloaded another copy of Hardcore SK and did a new install of Rimworld. I started a new colony in god mode. I've got some "Jerky" on the ground, but the colonists refuse to take it to my stockpile called "Jerky Stockpile", even though it's the only allowed item and it's set as "important". I tried to upload a zipped saved game file but the system says it's too large (800k).
Thank you, Rhyssia :)

Is the stockpile set to allow fresh/rotten?

I had no issues moving jerky to stockpile with jerky and fresh/rotton allowed
https://s24.postimg.org/fxbl5q56d/example2.jpg
https://s23.postimg.org/h0e3x1e3f/example3.jpg

Once Alpha 16 is stable and adjusted I will begin English Documentation.

-Edit (more)-
P.S. You can use WikiSend (google) to upload/link files <100MB

superiorx

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 01:12:30 AM
Ah! I didn't realize there was a "Fresh" option for stockpiles now. Thank you very much for your help! Sorry I didn't notice this before.
Everything is working fine now :)

Rhyssia

Quote from: superiorx on January 06, 2017, 01:50:09 AM
Ah! I didn't realize there was a "Fresh" option for stockpiles now. Thank you very much for your help! Sorry I didn't notice this before.

No Problem, Glad it is working for you now.  :)

Adenia

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 02:04:26 AM
Quote from: superiorx on January 06, 2017, 01:50:09 AM

No Problem, Glad it is working for you now.  :)

I can't even count the number of times Rhyssia has had to remind me. Good soul, that one.

superiorx

Quote from: Adenia on January 06, 2017, 06:48:28 AM
I can't even count the number of times Rhyssia has had to remind me. Good soul, that one.
I feel a bit foolish that I didn't notice that option, but I'm just glad that I can play properly now :P
Thanks again, Rhyssia! :D

Stufferino

How do you unlock batteries? The "Power" research says it does, but only unlocks switches and conduits. Searching through the files I can't find which research unlocks the battery.
I just came back to the game after a year so I'm a little lost

Edit: Ah, found it in the files. Have to research electronics basics (SK_ElectronicsI) to unlock it. A little confusing because of the tooltips, but I got it now.

Nicker

Hello, I have maybe a little bit stupid question but hope you can help me somehow. So I started Cassandra rough with stndard 3 colonists and standard startup items and it feels somehow wrong. I got ammo just for a few shots, feels like missing some starting items etc. I know everyone can play game as he likes to, but is it recommended to play other starting colonists or maybe change starting items?

Also 1 thing I noticed, I was playing for a while and I didn't see any raids or events, it's like that to let me start or sth is buggy? I didn't play for really long but in vanilla I would get raided few times already I believe.

LoliScout

Quote from: Stufferino on January 06, 2017, 08:25:04 AM
How do you unlock batteries? The "Power" research says it does, but only unlocks switches and conduits. Searching through the files I can't find which research unlocks the battery.
I just came back to the game after a year so I'm a little lost

Edit: Ah, found it in the files. Have to research electronics basics (SK_ElectronicsI) to unlock it. A little confusing because of the tooltips, but I got it now.
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/510 Can confirm that's been fixed in the latest upload.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Nicker on January 06, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Hello, I have maybe a little bit stupid question but hope you can help me somehow. So I started Cassandra rough with stndard 3 colonists and standard startup items and it feels somehow wrong. I got ammo just for a few shots, feels like missing some starting items etc. I know everyone can play game as he likes to, but is it recommended to play other starting colonists or maybe change starting items?

Also 1 thing I noticed, I was playing for a while and I didn't see any raids or events, it's like that to let me start or sth is buggy? I didn't play for really long but in vanilla I would get raided few times already I believe.

I didn't get very many bad events in first year, but year 2 is starting to pick up. I think Cassandra is just being gentle to year 1 colonies!

Btw, you should have some starting ammo. Be sure to look all around the starting site, it can be hard to spot sometimes, and may have fallen farther away.

I am concerned about the lack of trade caravans though. I've only had 1 come by and I'm coming up on the start of year 3 soon. I remember seeing them more often in A14. But the fact that I only have 4 non-hostile factions, and the changes in A16 might of had something to do with that.

... come to think of it, I haven't got a single visitor yet. I wonder if they don't come by if you don't have any guest beds setup yet?