[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

CreepyD

Quote from: legendary on January 09, 2017, 03:38:15 AM
Is there any way to turn off Combat Realism? Very annoying and unnecessary addon.
I'm with you.
Not only annoying, but it makes the game easier since you can kill a person very fast with only basic guns, it makes even large raids easy as they die and retreat before they get any shots off almost every time.

Without CR fights last longer and you will have more tactics come into play along with injuries to mend.
With CR people generally just die from a broken finger and toe (ok maybe not, but they do often die way too soon with minor injuries).

K-Fünf

Just wanted to ask something really quick,
are you supposed to be unable to do operations?
Apart from amputations ofcourse.
Or am I missing something?
Playing the A16a testrelease.

Great Modpack btw keep it up!

MugglesForHugs

Greetings.

Would someone be so kind to post what their proper load order is for the rimworld jewel test build? I'm determined to try this modpack out as it looks amazing but I continue to crash whenever I try to generate a new world.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: MugglesForHugs on January 09, 2017, 12:55:37 PM
Greetings.

Would someone be so kind to post what their proper load order is for the rimworld jewel test build? I'm determined to try this modpack out as it looks amazing but I continue to crash whenever I try to generate a new world.

The modlist should be set as long as you have moved the modsconfig file to the correct spot. (New spot in A16 as compared to where it was in A15 and previous builds)

IHateRegistering

There's a load order inside the archive, place the modsconfig.xml into AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config and overwrite when asked.

Zakhad

Quote from: CreepyD on January 09, 2017, 12:24:11 PM
Quote from: legendary on January 09, 2017, 03:38:15 AM
Is there any way to turn off Combat Realism? Very annoying and unnecessary addon.
I'm with you.
Not only annoying, but it makes the game easier since you can kill a person very fast with only basic guns, it makes even large raids easy as they die and retreat before they get any shots off almost every time.

Without CR fights last longer and you will have more tactics come into play along with injuries to mend.
With CR people generally just die from a broken finger and toe (ok maybe not, but they do often die way too soon with minor injuries).

I do think that the scaling of guns and how you early you have access to them needs to be changed, but to remove the whole CR system all together? that's seems excessive :S

What difficulty/storyteller are you playing on as a reference point?

As far as I know CR doesn't effect the desired population cap only storytellers do.

Based on the aforementioned desired population, are you aware that playing on higher difficulties enemy pawns are more likely to "automatically" die? Not because of CR fault but its because of the storyteller maintaining "desired" population depending on the difficulty, e.g 5 on Cassandra classic rough? (It's just a pseudo-random number I don't actually know the value off the top of my head)
So if you only had 1 pawn you'll find that a lot of enemy pawns will actually survive, but if you had 10 you'll find that most of them will die as soon as they hit the incapacitated status and not due to having their head reach 0, or torso reach 0, or any organ reach 0.

Azzarrel

The game crashes quite often with this modpack (too many heap sections).
I have a friend with the same issue.

Quote from: sidfu on January 08, 2017, 11:22:48 PM
ima wait till they fix the neutral pawn error. my games cant get any caravans,traders,raids,vistors or even people joining me.
is it possible you started on a sole island?
The only time i had this was when starting on an island with only my colony and surrounded by ocean. Factions might not be able to travel through water

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Zakhad on January 09, 2017, 01:01:46 PM

I do think that the scaling of guns and how you early you have access to them needs to be changed, but to remove the whole CR system all together? that's seems excessive :S

What difficulty/storyteller are you playing on as a reference point?

As far as I know CR doesn't effect the desired population cap only storytellers do.

Based on the aforementioned desired population, are you aware that playing on higher difficulties enemy pawns are more likely to "automatically" die? Not because of CR fault but its because of the storyteller maintaining "desired" population depending on the difficulty, e.g 5 on Cassandra classic rough? (It's just a pseudo-random number I don't actually know the value off the top of my head)
So if you only had 1 pawn you'll find that a lot of enemy pawns will actually survive, but if you had 10 you'll find that most of them will die as soon as they hit the incapacitated status and not due to having their head reach 0, or torso reach 0, or any organ reach 0.
Nah, the base game has a chance to kill off any non-colonist pawn when they are downed, 67% to be exact. There's a mod here on the forums that removes that - CR increases the pain from wounds so people are downed faster and with the 67% chance to instantly die it seems like enemies are made out of glass. Would be a good idea to include said mod in Hardcore SK, I think.

MugglesForHugs

Thank you gentlemen. It's now working.

Holy cow is looks/feels like a totally different game.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: MugglesForHugs on January 09, 2017, 01:50:02 PM
Thank you gentlemen. It's now working.

Holy cow is looks/feels like a totally different game.

Yep, sure does. Another experience completely unlike base Rimworld is using Dubs Mars mod. Very different!

Lerin

i wonder is a possible to make alternative version of hardcore sk, using dubwise MarsX  as a base ?

Every hard thing hardcored^2 trying survive on mars ?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Lerin on January 09, 2017, 02:34:59 PM
i wonder is a possible to make alternative version of hardcore sk, using dubwise MarsX  as a base ?

Every hard thing hardcored^2 trying survive on mars ?

Well, a lot of HardcoreSK has to do with combat, of which there is none in the Mars mod. I could imagine with enough work you could adapt some of the Hardcore crafting into the Mars mod, but that would not be a trivial thing to do. The Mars mod really is *very* different.

Azzarrel

gotta have to also report now, that it is impossilbe to have any other factions on the map.
Even if I force a raid with the debug console nothing happens (not even an error message) unless the raid isn't human (insects/mechanoids)

sidfu

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 09, 2017, 03:25:34 PM
gotta have to also report now, that it is impossilbe to have any other factions on the map.
Even if I force a raid with the debug console nothing happens (not even an error message) unless the raid isn't human (insects/mechanoids)

known bug. it should only appliy to neutral factions

CreepyD

I've given CR some more thought and all I do know is that it makes the game easier, and that's against what this mod is about really.

My ideas / suggestions for altering it a bit (is that possible / allowed?):
- Reduce pain levels so people don't go to ground so easily.  You'd have to go down because you lost a leg or died or something most of the time unless you had a load of wounds.
- Damage for guns might need decreasing across the board.
- Melee should keep higher damage though to make it worthwhile.
- I definitely think battles need to last longer what ever happens.

Also there are such a nice range of guns, but once you get a simple uzi (usually quite early on) you have no need for anything better.