[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

fbagocius

I don't think CR necessarily makes the game easier. It makes firefights that youre prepared for easier. You have to create or forage ammo, so youre either limited to what you have the tech, materials, and time to make or whatever enemies drop or you can trade for. The armor mechanics make the tiers of enemy tech levels matter more since you need a certain level of weapons to take down a sufficiently armored enemy. Its certainly more difficult than simply finding a decent gun and knowing you can use that until the end of time like the base game. That being said, combat does end much more quickly. How long do gun fights between unentrenched groups of people last in real life? My in game ones last around one or two hours, which seems short in game but might be right when thinking about combat realism.
As an aside, I cant seem to get Manager and the Quarry to work together at all. Manager recognizes the Quarry as four different workstations, but wont set any bills. If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong, help would be appreciated, so I can bring in a metered stream of chunks.
Also, this mod pack is wonderful. Ive been playing each iteration quietly, but the introduction of trading and the world in Alpha 16 + Hardcore (and the removal of SEEDS) has made this recent jump spectacular.

notfood

Quote from: fbagocius on January 09, 2017, 04:42:01 PM...(and the removal of SEEDS)...

I've got you bad news and good news...

Seeds are back!

They can be removed easily if you don't want it. Just untick it from the modlist.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: fbagocius on January 09, 2017, 04:42:01 PM
I don't think CR necessarily makes the game easier. It makes firefights that youre prepared for easier. You have to create or forage ammo, so youre either limited to what you have the tech, materials, and time to make or whatever enemies drop or you can trade for. The armor mechanics make the tiers of enemy tech levels matter more since you need a certain level of weapons to take down a sufficiently armored enemy. Its certainly more difficult than simply finding a decent gun and knowing you can use that until the end of time like the base game. That being said, combat does end much more quickly. How long do gun fights between unentrenched groups of people last in real life? My in game ones last around one or two hours, which seems short in game but might be right when thinking about combat realism.
I think the biggest problem with CR is the bad vanilla AI that we have in Rimworld. Most raids have the raiders set to melee attacking xyz or setting fire to xyz, not taking into account what weapons they have equipped with the exception of grenade users. They only react to gunfire after a couple of shots, trying to find cover and shoot back - however with CR, these few seconds are often enough to mow down an entire army.

If NPCs would prioritize your pawns and utilize the range of their weaponry things would be different. But as it currently stands, CR adds a lot of features that only the player is able to use.

Goo Poni

On the topic of weapons, does anyone have issue with scrapping weapons? I typically leave the weapon scrapping bill running on any of the... now four weapon benches. Think it's four, anyway. Saw the primitive bench only allowed scrapping bows, crossbows and the like but on setting down the first modern table, it's still the same selection. No guns can be scrapped.

In reference to one of my earlier complaints of bugs with immunity to guns, downloading an updated copy with the melee cooldown fixes also seems to have come with working hitboxes on the bugs. Hives still immune. Megasloth curiously immune at near point blank. Do still have issue with colonists repeatedly picking up and dropping food. They seem to want to carry food in their inventory and then change their mind on the next tick, repeating for several in game hours. Ordering one to pick up food and carry it on their person doesn't alleviate it as they immediately store it again.

On the topic of CR, I like it for removing RNG hit chance even if it can't remove RNG hits. Being able to ambush raiders because they're focused on the task of punching some door in the colony is a bit derpy. I think some better progression in weapons and limiting of the number of weapons might help with perceived ease of fighting in CR. Currently we go from crossbows all the way to SVUs. Maybe bows -> crossbows -> muskets -> revolvers/bolt or lever action  rifles ->  pistols and semi auto rifles -> assault rifles -> lasers -> plasma, with ammo unavailable to craft until the relevant guns are researched. Right now, as one other says, salvage some SMGs or carbines from dead raiders and you're golden for a very very long time until Syndicate or Skynet factions take an interest in you. Mechs are probably the most dangerous enemy to deal with because they mill around ship parts doing their own thing, always on alert with charge lances railguns and inferno cannons.

Azzarrel

I personally like CR, but i think it makes the game neither easier nor harder.
On the one hand raiders die faster, while on the other hand you really have to do some fighting for yourself in this modpack due to the turret-limitation, so it's quite a possibilty that one of your pawns looses a arm or leg during an early raid.
I mostly hate the immense ammount of ammunition types. I think it would've been more than enough to have one type of ammo for all weapon classes (e.g. smg ammo, rifle ammo, mg ammo), so that you don't have about 20 weapons and 20 ammunition types in your storages without a single match ...

there is another error in the current version
Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ResearchProjectDef:GenerateNonOverlappingCoordinates()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Not sure if this has been reported already.

notfood

I had to disable cave biome from my game. It causes cave plants to spawn in other biomes and it lags like hell every day at a certain moment.

MightyGooga

Quote from: Zakhad on January 08, 2017, 05:05:23 PM
Quote from: gustavoghe on January 08, 2017, 05:01:34 PM
Hello guys, could you give me little help?

Im playing A14 still, is it really not possible to place seats in front of the workbenches? It use to be possible to do that. Can any one confirm this please?

Hey thanks for that.

Has anyone heard of a fix for this?

I can not build any seats in front of the workshops. Tried everything.

Thanks

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/545

sidfu

notfood did u try it on a new world? if their no caves on world map that means mod will act up. i dont thin its all plants thou. which plant did it for me was the red plant.

Zakhad

Damn I was enjoying playing in my caveworld biome, i did wonder why it was laggy :s

notfood

Quote from: sidfu on January 09, 2017, 09:18:14 PM
notfood did u try it on a new world? if their no caves on world map that means mod will act up. i dont thin its all plants thou. which plant did it for me was the red plant.

Pretty sure I saw the grey one as well.

sidfu

which plant was it spawning for u thou. for me was the devil one thats red.

adelexi

Quote from: notfood on January 09, 2017, 08:17:52 PM
I had to disable cave biome from my game. It causes cave plants to spawn in other biomes and it lags like hell every day at a certain moment.

Can confirm, i am having the same problem, even after disabling the cave mod and starting a new colony the devil's tongue still popped up for me after 4-5 days ingame and causes massive lag.

Also my pawns on some days seem to eat a extreme amount, havent pinned down what triggers it. 1 pawn for example eats about 8 jerky in a row while his hunger bar is as good as full. sometimes all of them do it and its not the food binge thing.   anyone else having this aswell?

Owlchemist

Quote from: adelexi on January 09, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

Can confirm, i am having the same problem, even after disabling the cave mod and starting a new colony the devil's tongue still popped up for me after 4-5 days ingame and causes massive lag.

Also my pawns on some days seem to eat a extreme amount, havent pinned down what triggers it. 1 pawn for example eats about 8 jerky in a row while his hunger bar is as good as full. sometimes all of them do it and its not the food binge thing.   anyone else having this aswell?

It's an elusive problem

sidfu

rikiki posted about the devil tongue on the steam page

About Devil's tongue, some users experienced a similar issue with the alert speaker mod.
I believe some graphic cards do not handle very well glowers (especially dynamic glowers).

Here is a (quite) easy solution:
1) Open the CaveworldFlora mod folder (755226916) and navigate to /Defs/ThingDefs/Plants_Wild_CavePlants.xml file.
2) Look for the <defName>DevilTongue</defName> line.
3) Line 196, change the thingclass line from
<thingClass>CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_DevilTongue</thingClass>
to
<thingClass>CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant</thingClass>
4) Line 197, set the tickerType to Long.
5) Finally, line 236, set hasStaticGlower to True.
=> this even leads to a fun "flubber" side effect

Ghasty

So that is what all the lag is coming from! Thanks for the info.