[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Goo Poni

The issue I've been having with colonists repeatedly picking up, dropping and hauling food seems to be related to CR. Colonists with an assigned load out will freak out like this. Colonists assigned "Nothing" will not. Opening a load out and selecting the infinity symbol not only makes the game chug a little harder as it compiles all those grayed out weapons and ammo together, it also allows searching of food, presumably for the use of on-the-go provisions. Adding some food that you have a stockpile of to a load out remedies the issue. It's not a fix, but it's a band-aid.

New issue I'm coming across is an out of memory error. Kills saves, makes them unloadable. Additionally, whenever the game fails to load a save, opening the debug log crashes the game, complete with folder with error log and everything. That's where I found out its apparently an out of memory error. Strange, given I have an i7, 16gb ram and 4gb video memory in an r9 290. Ram usage only gets up to about 2-2.5gb and video memory only about 350mb. Reloading earlier saves works but there's an unknown threshold, past which no save will work.

zzz1000

Yea. They now love to hoard some food in inventory(I suppose it's a16 thing), and I realy don't like it for several reasons. CR restrictive inventary force them to drop anything not allowed so they drop it but then they want to take it again and it turn in crazy loop. Work around is not using loadouts or to allow in loadout  piece of food they try to take. I don't like both.
I wish  possibility to stop this food taking behavior as default(I can always add food by CR if I realy wish).
Also maybe change strict loadout rules to ADD, if this possible,  it will have some disadvantages but can be more handy in general(but this is CR topic).

Kitsune

For the food hoarding colonists, a couple of pages ago i had the same problem. I'm going around it by giving them one meal in the inventory, for early game say, roasted meat. After i got the research and stove production going i change it to simple meal. :) After that the "problem" is gone and the colonists have always something to eat by them.

sidfu

yep thought so its kinda unplayable till the neutral pawn spawn bug is fixed. just finished a game where in 2 years from start  not a single person joined,raid happened or trader came. its the same error on any person like spawn.
was even playing on the hardest diff to try tol get it to spawn something on me
Faction The Gray Mountain Covenant of def Tribe has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms map=Map 0 (ID 0) (player home) (current), points=77, faction=The Gray Mountain Covenant, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, generateMeleeOnly=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC4:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Azzarrel

the neutral pawn bug seems to be kinda inconsistent.
I got a few traders and one raid within 40 days, while there are also these error messages appearing.

Just a side-question: Since i need to restart the game anyways after en/disabling a mod, can I just terminte it after doing so (while it still loads) or does this break anything.
The load time with hardscore sk is above one minute, so i have to load more than 3 minutes (starting - dis/enable a mod - loading - starting again), which is kinda annoying.

Kitsune

Hm thats odd, i naturally have the same situation(2 years playtime), very low humanlike visitor's in fact in form of visitor's nothing. I have a nice shiny tavern with guest beds but no one want to stay there. :( In the whole playtime i got 2 bounty hunter insect groups a few manhunter animals 1 pirat raid, 2 traders from the kitty's and 1 from bandits(i'm a bit sad that the outlander are now bandits xD). For the colonist joinging events i got 3, 2 with the chased pawn and one that straight sayed "here i am, what can i do?".

And a whole lot of meteorits(3+1 huge meteorite that made an additional eclipse) and spacecraft junk falling(i stopt counting after 10). ;D

Oh yes i play pheobe with basebuilder.

sidfu

think this is tthe part we need to look at when trying to fix it.
Faction The Gray Mountain Covenant of def Tribe has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms map=Map 0 (ID 0) (player home) (current), points=77, faction=The Gray Mountain Covenant, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, generateMeleeOnly=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False

the rest doesnt look like but additional failure due to the orginal failure to generate a pawn.

also if its preventing neutral pawns spawning at your home that means when u go too their home that means the base probaly be empty as most couldnt spawn

zzz1000

I installed latest build and do not know where this devil tongue thing from but it seems like very performance hungry,
I suppose it's because it dynamic nature, every plant do some evaluations every tick.
It's cute but I wish they do not.

By the way I saw random guest finally this run, maybe just luck with fractions but maybe something was fixed.

Stufferino

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 10, 2017, 09:23:43 AM
Just a side-question: Since i need to restart the game anyways after en/disabling a mod, can I just terminte it after doing so (while it still loads) or does this break anything.
The load time with hardscore sk is above one minute, so i have to load more than 3 minutes (starting - dis/enable a mod - loading - starting again), which is kinda annoying.

Yes you can.
At least, I always close it with task manager after enabling/disabling any mods. Since it loads them on restart again I don't think there's any reason why you need to wait twice.

Owlchemist

Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 08:56:33 AM
yep thought so its kinda unplayable till the neutral pawn spawn bug is fixed. just finished a game where in 2 years from start  not a single person joined,raid happened or trader came. its the same error on any person like spawn.

This problem may be overstated, after looking into it some more. It's nothing new, for starters, HCSK 4.x had the same problem. I also noticed people in Rimworld forums, playing vanilla, making similar comments. Visitors are just less common now in A16 (probably to encourage caravans). This error sometimes just fires off when the point value is too low and the storyteller doesn't have a configured group small enough to match. It seems to be less of a concern as your wealth grows and spawns bigger encounters.

You can still get visitors and caravans, but they're just less common. I had a few visits in my first year.

sidfu

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 10, 2017, 10:57:21 AM
Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 08:56:33 AM

This problem may be overstated, after looking into it some more. It's nothing new, for starters, HCSK 4.x had the same problem. I also noticed people in Rimworld forums, playing vanilla, making similar comments. Visitors are just less common now in A16 (probably to encourage caravans). This error sometimes just fires off when the point value is too low and the storyteller doesn't have a configured group small enough to match. It seems to be less of a concern as your wealth grows and spawns bigger encounters.

You can still get visitors and caravans, but they're just less common. I had a few visits in my first year.

here let me give u some sstats
since alpha for hc sk came out ive played around 12 hours. oout of that 12 hour ive had 0 raids, 2 guys join, 0 traders/caravans, 1 visitor.

i understand they less often but those stats mean its basiccaly non existent.  u know something wrong when the guy who normaly joins after or just before u name your colony cant be spawned.

yastru

I have a problem and i dont know is it vanilla related, cause when i update to a16, i inmediately downloaded a few mods, most noticeable being this one.
Problem is that i cant put any chairs in work tables crafting spots, zone is red when i try to put them and i get pop up that xxx chair would block xxx crafting spot. Is this something from this mod, and if it is, can i remove it if possible ? Tnx

zzz1000

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 10, 2017, 10:57:21 AM
This problem may be overstated, after looking into it some more. It's nothing new, for starters, HCSK 4.x had the same problem.
This message maybe is not the problem but some problem exist.

I periodically download new SK builds and start new games.

And I don't know maybe   it depend on SK build or position in the world but in first runs there was no people  at all(only insects) then, I think when hospitality was introdused, I was visited with regular traders and  random guest people. Than in late builds game  stop spawning tham at all(no people for more than a year, I do not talk about starting person join event, it different) but I saw some raids. With today build and start I was visited with some random dude in a first days.

Lonfield

Me and a friend have experienced only two events in our gameplays. Beavers and Raptors. We both have rescued a guy running away of someone but none appear after we offered rescue to him. Just in case it hadn't been mentioned.

Zakhad

I have noticed that raids are taking a good 2-3 seasons before they arrive after starting, I got my first raid in winter with the standard 1 pawn, my starting season was spring O.o. Once my wealth gets higher everything starts to normalise out or at least IMO feel like it is, but I haven't played past 1 year because of the fps death due to the dynamic devil flower killing fps, I'll have to make that change someone mentioned over on rik's steam page.