[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

notfood

Maybe it's because I play with CrashLanding mod that makes your wealth spike but I've seen very early raids, plenty visitors and traders.

TommyLC

Hey,
first I want to say this modpack is really amazing and i really enjoy playing it. Now the issue I have: at some point my savegames become unloadable, because of an out of memory error. I got this error now in two saves after playing for about 2 years ingame. I dont know if it depends on the amount of stuff I have, but I dont recognise any lags or anything, just the savegame gets unloadable.

My setting are 12gb ram, i5 2,8x4ghz and 2gb video memory. In overall my PC is about 50% occupied.
I hope someone can help me with this issue, because otherwise i dont see a reason to play this modpack until it is fixed.

Lonfield

Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 05:06:39 PM
1) Open the CaveworldFlora mod folder in the game folder/mods
2) Look for the <defName>DevilTongue</defName> line.
3) Line 196, change the thingclass line from
<thingClass>CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_DevilTongue</thingClass>
to
<thingClass>CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant</thingClass>
4) Line 197, set the tickerType to Long.
5) Finally, line 236, set hasStaticGlower to True.
=> this even leads to a fun "flubber" side effect

there u should know now lol.

think i know what the problem with raids. looks its something to do with the value of the starting colonies.

IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy could not fire even though we thought we could: no faction could generate with 35 points.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Psychology.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryResolveRaidFaction(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Psychology.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

if u look at that basicaly it cant generate a raid for a 35wealth tribbal. ive had it at 72.

so after this post everyone note what the number it says in the message so we can get a idea of what is the startign wealth its gonna fire raid on.

so far ive seen 25,35 and 72 in the error messages for raids.

(btw this message was differnt in that it said it could gen raid but not enough wealth before it said failed to spawn pawn)

First of all, thanks for your fast answer. Me and my friend have been making some research and we've managed to figure out the same as you. It's because of the early wealth. At the same time we've concluded that vanilla storytellers are the best option to get caravans.

On the other hand we can't get rid of those plants. We've made all the changes suggested and nothing had changed, plants are still there and no signs of flubber :(. Does it require a fresh start?.

notfood

Quote from: TommyLC on January 10, 2017, 05:22:56 PM
Hey,
first I want to say this modpack is really amazing and i really enjoy playing it. Now the issue I have: at some point my savegames become unloadable, because of an out of memory error. I got this error now in two saves after playing for about 2 years ingame. I dont know if it depends on the amount of stuff I have, but I dont recognise any lags or anything, just the savegame gets unloadable.

My setting are 12gb ram, i5 2,8x4ghz and 2gb video memory. In overall my PC is about 50% occupied.
I hope someone can help me with this issue, because otherwise i dont see a reason to play this modpack until it is fixed.

it seems to be video card memory. Some people have reported similar issues. HardcoreSK puts huge textures and Unity needs to build huge texture atlas. It can run out of memory. This would need to be addressed in RimWorld itself.

Try not having youtube or anything else that takes video memory open.

Owlchemist

Quote from: TommyLC on January 10, 2017, 05:22:56 PM
Hey,

Same problem. But it's not consistent. If I try again it sometimes works. Seems to have been only started acting up with the latest build. Might have something to do with that cave biome thing, based on the other problems people have been noticing.

Goo Poni

notfood

Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 05:06:39 PM
1) Open the CaveworldFlora mod folder in the game folder/mods
2) Look for the <defName>DevilTongue</defName> line.
3) Line 196, change the thingclass line from
<thingClass>CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_DevilTongue</thingClass>
to
4) Line 197, set the tickerType to Long.
5) Finally, line 236, set hasStaticGlower to True.
=> this even leads to a fun "flubber" side effect

This is a must now. Those flowers creeping everywhere in the map is veeery annoying.

Change the harvestedThingDef to RawCotton while you are it too! Having cloth from it makes it not hardcore enough!

no no! NO!

sidfu

looks liek the issue with raids and neutral guys may be related to the wealth issue. just updated to the com issue fix version and all sudden i havent had the error and even had a guy join.

i got this feeling that CR might be throwing off the wealth system causeing lack of recruits and raids. also traders no idea why they would be tied into the welath systtem.

right now mineral scanner(cant be placed) and merchant tent(disappaers when built) needs to be fixed.

your best bid right now with the cave biome is to disable it as if u even try to start in  it u always have around 15fps. ive posted the 2 errors that cause it over on its forum but no reply yet.

on memory
the textures gonna have to be optomized or changed again. due to the changes in rimworld with the circle world its causing around 500 mb extra ram useage.

a14 at start was around 2gb with HC pack now on a16 its 2.4-2.5 at start.

notfood

Ayy lmao these devil plants break my save again.

/rage

This thing causes error! do not use with Devil's Tongue!

I just rage removed the devil's tongue from the defs.

Torry_crewz

Quote from: notfood on January 10, 2017, 07:42:26 PM
Ayy lmao these devil plants break my save again.

/rage

This thing causes error! do not use with Devil's Tongue!

I just rage removed the devil's tongue from the defs.

Wow, my game starting to spawn devil's tongue everywhere too..
could you please tell me how to prevent those plants breaks my save??

notfood

in Mods/Core_SK/Defs/ThingDefs_CaveFlora/Plants_Wild_CavePlants.xml

Remove the ThingDef block that contains DevilTongue inside.

Alternatively erase the whole file. All the plants there are for caves.

skyarkhangel

Ohh iam finished with CR, start work with bug-reports.

Zakhad

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 10, 2017, 10:13:26 PM
Ohh iam finished with CR, start work with bug-reports.

Checks combat realism

See's this

O.o

Auto ammo finder
- work for pawn with null loadout.
Advanced AI for AI pawns
- Now all humanlike pawns can find weapons, ammo for them, checking their inventory for overload, find and equip apparel if needed.

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism/commit/9fc5adffcc199fc8fe26ec3cd5d9a29480a9104c

Nyxtus

Sorry if it's been answered before, but has the no-raids error been fixed, and is there a build out with it fixed? I really want to play Rimworld, but it's impossible without the SK mod.

sidfu

Quote from: Nyxtus on January 11, 2017, 12:18:10 AM
Sorry if it's been answered before, but has the no-raids error been fixed, and is there a build out with it fixed? I really want to play Rimworld, but it's impossible without the SK mod.

no not fixed yet. just play and find any other bugs and report them so they can get them fixed for example there atleast 5 buildinggs that cant be built or destory themself when finish.