[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Stufferino

Quote from: Natas_Enasni on January 12, 2017, 05:55:17 AM
Using a week old build:
-Cannot research advanced metalworking or nano metallurgy.  They go in queue but never get worked on.  Not sure if I'm missing something but I've researched almost everything previous and it doesn't queue anything else when I click it.
-Can't research Recreation Furniture III like above.  Definitely have Microelectronics researched. 
-Can't research Hospital II like above.  Definitely have medicine.

-Grew Neutro Flowers but cannot put them into a stockpile since the Neutro Flower Petals are not an option there.

-Lots of food poisoning.  I'm not sure why.

-Trouble with "Do until have X amount" jobs, they get paused for no apparent reason.  Has occurred with electric sawmill\saw wood planks, Make Stone Blocks on electric machining (and I think hand machining but can't remember) and butcher table\make kibble.  The amounts list me as having less than the requested(200/300/41- wood planks/kibble/Stone Blocks) yet it remains paused.  I'm sure I have resources for job around.

-[Balance]Malaria is ridiculous; starts at high progression and low immunity.
-Comms Console issue previously reported
-Trade Tent disappearing and generally not being needed anyway

Time for an update. I can answer some things though.

Research problems: those techs probably require a high-tech research bench. If you're using the standard one they won't be researched. In recent builds each research tells you which bench it requires on mouseover.

Food poisoning: can be anything from ingredients used (if you use weird things or rotten things) to chef skill. Each pawn has a chance to create a poisonous meal depending on their skill, so bad chefs will result in lots of food poisoning.

Do until X: Now bills have a minimum & maximum. If you say "Do until 300", but the minimum is 10, your colonists will process until you have 300 of the item then the bill will be paused until you have 10 or less.
The bills display 3 numbers: Min/Current/Max. E.g. 30/60/90 means you currently have 60, and will produce up to 90, then stop until less than 30.

Malaria: actually all diseases in this game are given to colonists at 0%/0% then allowed to rise for a while before it's detected and becomes treatable. If they rest often and have healthy organs or bionics you sometimes find they have higher immunity than severity when it's first detected.

Natas_Enasni

I searched for a research option that would upgrade my research bench but couldn't find it.  Guess ill look again tomorrow.

Kitsune

Quote from: Zakhad on January 11, 2017, 11:42:46 PM
I just use the manager in a localised area. never really have to worry about kindling again but it's a lot of work actually cutting and then going to each and every torch just to refuel them, albeit realistic, its very tedious.

I would suggest adding another mineable resource oil shale, which could quite easily be a modified coal vein but is used in oil lamps which would burn for a very long time.

As someone already say, use the bowl lamp is really really better. I think the torch only lasts for a day or something lower, the bowl lamp thingy lasts for 2 or 3 day's. I had in my session 10 Rooms with 3 of them had 2 bowl lamps, only one time in a couple of day's they refill them. For me in my opinion it's so little that i sometime forgot that they need refueling. :D

Also with the fuel system, i like it, its somewhat realistic. Think about the kitchen you lit the fire, cook something but what do you do then? Clearly if you do nothing with the fire it will burn till it have no burnable materials left. And for my part in the game, i have more problems to get something to cook as get more things to burn. ;D Useing the manager to get xxx wood and with the sawmillthingy an order to make xxx kindlings, and i never run out of firewood. :3

Crowblack

Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 02:45:24 PM
have the dev console open when u try to play as the asari and post the error it gives. for something major like that there is a error that comes with it

I had a corrupt download of hardcore_sk I think. A lot of weird stuff was happening. Re-downloaded it and used a new instance of Rimworld and it worked fine.  Thanks for the dev console tip. I'm pretty new to Rimworld, didn't know about it.  General game play question though, can you acquire seeds dynamically on the map or do you have to wait for traders to sell them? My favorite scenario is the crash landing where you start with little to nothing and I am thinking of starting a custom scenario where my pawns  start with absolutely nothing.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Crowblack on January 12, 2017, 09:37:13 AM
Quote from: sidfu on January 10, 2017, 02:45:24 PM
have the dev console open when u try to play as the asari and post the error it gives. for something major like that there is a error that comes with it

I had a corrupt download of hardcore_sk I think. A lot of weird stuff was happening. Re-downloaded it and used a new instance of Rimworld and it worked fine.  Thanks for the dev console tip. I'm pretty new to Rimworld, didn't know about it.  General game play question though, can you acquire seeds dynamically on the map or do you have to wait for traders to sell them? My favorite scenario is the crash landing where you start with little to nothing and I am thinking of starting a custom scenario where my pawns  start with absolutely nothing.

I play a 1 colonist scenario with nothing all the time, it's a lot of fun. Although haven't done that with HCSK yet, should be quite a bit more challenging.

Owlchemist

I've created a spreadsheet to help sort out what's what for HCSK's many weapons:

You can view it here

You might ask why there's no damage column. This is because there's no simple answer to this. It's based on a number of variables that aren't easy to extrapolate from the XMLs. However, usually the higher market value guns perform better. (Bows aren't well represented for this).

Damage aside, one of the main reasons I made this was to help sort out what guns you want to manufacture and outfit everyone with, especially with regards to picking out the ammo types you plan on using.

Also there's a melee tab down at the bottom.

EDIT: oh yeah and I still need to add the futuristic weapons. I've never actually progressed far enough into an HCSK game to get there, though, lol.

Using this, personally I decided to go with making Beretta CX4 (rifle for my hunters/snipers), Scorpion EVO 3 (SMG for fighters), and the Sphinx AT 2000 (pistol for non-fighters). That all uses the same 9x19 para ammo.

Gaiska

question -> i cant research - it works perfectly 3 seasons from begin but now it dont works. i tried to build a new table, tried other ppl to research, tried this tried that. tried to research other things nothing works. someone had a idea?

notfood

Quote from: Gaiska on January 12, 2017, 12:14:20 PM
question -> i cant research - it works perfectly 3 seasons from begin but now it dont works. i tried to build a new table, tried other ppl to research, tried this tried that. tried to research other things nothing works. someone had a idea?

You need the advanced research table. It needs power.

Quote from: Crowblack on January 12, 2017, 09:37:13 AM...General game play question though, can you acquire seeds dynamically on the map or do you have to wait for traders to sell them?...

Yes you can. Only make sure you are cutting 100% ready to harvest plants and they'll drop seeds. My favorite starting one is the coconut tree. It drops wood if cut, drops coconuts if harvested. Grows in the wild. It also grows fast. You don't even need to research Agriculture I. Outclasses a lot of other trees.

Gaiska

Quote from: notfood on January 12, 2017, 12:44:26 PM
Quote from: Gaiska on January 12, 2017, 12:14:20 PM

You need the advanced research table. It needs power.

why do i need it now and before i can research without power without problem... why now?

notfood

I don't know. Post a screenshot? What're you trying to research?

Gaiska

ok i build the better research table and it works now. other question -> how i can produce reinforced concrete for the wind turbine? thanks

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Gaiska on January 12, 2017, 01:18:35 PM
ok i build the better research table and it works now. other question -> how i can produce reinforced concrete for the wind turbine? thanks

IIRC, that is at the machining table. (Same place as you do stonecutting) You combine concrete with metal to create the reinforced. Do make sure you have concrete up and running first. Believe that is made with rubble or sand (or both- been a while, lol)

rekasa

I really dig this modpack - but I haven't got very far. Food is always a struggle with needing seeds to plant and the lack of refridgeration. Anyone have any getting started tips?

CreepyD

My tip for early survival is to quickly gear yourself up to harvest meat and make jerky, it lasts quite a while without refrigeration.
Bows and arrows are also essential as you will quickly run out of gun ammo doing the above.
Biomes without many animals are really tough, you could really use some cannibals in those lands.
Fishing may be your best bet for food most of the time early on, although you need to research a little to access it and it will likely need a worker full time as it's slow at low level - make sure to settle near some water to make use of this.

I also don't bother with light early on, although there's now a massive work speed penalty to benches (they drop to 50%) if a room isn't a nice temperature so torches and fires may be necessary from now on.

My first couple of lights have typically been rushed out when I'm hit by the darkness event lol

rekasa