[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

CreepyD

Primitive machining table is a priority as without it you cannot make the blocks to build it.
Grill and slaughter bench thingy for making jerky so you don't starve.
Then I typically slaughter a lot of something to make some proper beds (muffalo if possible).
Low level forge next so you can make the tin to make the research bench (unless you can't see any tin to mine).
Then it opens up after that really.

Xbalanque

Quote from: CreepyD on January 13, 2017, 11:48:16 AM
Primitive machining table is a priority as without it you cannot make the blocks to build it.
Grill and slaughter bench thingy for making jerky so you don't starve.
Then I typically slaughter a lot of something to make some proper beds (muffalo if possible).
Low level forge next so you can make the tin to make the research bench (unless you can't see any tin to mine).
Then it opens up after that really.
When you say Primitive Machining Table, you talk about the Sandstone/Granite Machining Table?

Gaiska

minakurafto

Quote from: Xbalanque on January 13, 2017, 11:37:02 AM
What is the start order build for this mod? Sawmill and after that...?

make machining table that made from stoneblock, because most workbench dont accept wood -_-
so where to get stone block? i tried dismantle existing stone wall but it took too long and only yield 3-4
then i found a 1x1 building named stone cairn , it yield 50+ each to make machining table

the mod lacks material-less crafting spot (with less workspeed) to make wood plank and stone block, like in gnomoria/DF. there should be a free workbench to make material for real workbench at the begining to make the flow more fluid, but it only affect the beginning because after machining table is made, it doesnt matter anymore

or... since primitive workbench like butcher table and machining table look like stone chunk, why not make the recipe include unprocessed stone chunk as material like stone arrow recipe

BlackSmokeDMax

Some issues/notes I have seen playing:

1. No way to build the machining table without deconstructing existing walls/floors on map? (is this intentional? If so, seems a map with no buildings would possibly make the mod unplayable)

2. The newly integrated into A16 "Stonecutting Tweak" is not working in game. I assume this happens during overwriting the "Core" folder.

3. "Help" system missing. I assume this will be gone until CCL is back online?

4. Couldn't find the Plant Processing Table after researching it. This one is probably me being blind, but any tips on this would be welcome.

Probably more to come, first time playing HCSK since before the final release of HCSK for A14, so still remembering some stuff and likely figuring out some new stuff.

sidfu

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 13, 2017, 12:29:46 PM

1. No way to build the machining table without deconstructing existing walls/floors on map? (is this intentional? If so, seems a map with no buildings would possibly make the mod unplayable)

2. The newly integrated into A16 "Stonecutting Tweak" is not working in game. I assume this happens during overwriting the "Core" folder.

4. Couldn't find the Plant Processing Table after researching it. This one is probably me being blind, but any tips on this would be welcome.

Probably more to come, first time playing HCSK since before the final release of HCSK for A14, so still remembering some stuff and likely figuring out some new stuff.

1. ther are structures called stone cairns they give 50 granitte each. normaly they around 10 or so around the map depending on size.
2.no idea
3. yep needs ccl(think the plan is to not hard link to ccl anymore so it dont keep mod from upgradeing)
4. its under processing tabs and for some reason it says food right next to where the stoves cat goes

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sidfu on January 13, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

1. ther are structures called stone cairns they give 50 granitte each. normaly they around 10 or so around the map depending on size.
2.no idea
3. yep needs ccl(think the plan is to not hard link to ccl anymore so it dont keep mod from upgradeing)
4. its under processing tabs and for some reason it says food right next to where the stoves cat goes

Thanks Sidfu!

On #1, are those Stone Cairns guaranteed even on say the Sea Ice and Ice Sheet biomes? Haven't noticed them yet, but probably just not near where I landed, bet I have them though, think I am on a Boreal forest right now.

rekasa

sidfu

Quote from: rekasa on January 13, 2017, 02:01:56 PM
How does one get Rubber?

there a tree u have to grow for rubber.

new update on git.   ;D

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sidfu on January 13, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

2.no idea

Got to thinking about your answer to #3 some more. Do you mean that the plan is to pull the detours/tricks/portions/etc from CCL that Hardcore and any mods needs directly into the Hardcore pack and just not install CCL at all in the future? Or does not hard linking mean something else?

Grizzly

Any idea why my colonists are just endlessly wandering around? even tho there's tons of stuff to do?

Jerigord

Quote from: Grizzly on January 13, 2017, 03:10:00 PM
Any idea why my colonists are just endlessly wandering around? even tho there's tons of stuff to do?

I have the exact same problem. I did a fresh install (even going as far as reinstalling Rimworld) and didn't touch the load order. My colonists will not do any tasks, no matter what. The problem has persisted through three new colonies. :-(

sidfu

Quote from: Jerigord on January 13, 2017, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Grizzly on January 13, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

I have the exact same problem. I did a fresh install (even going as far as reinstalling Rimworld) and didn't touch the load order. My colonists will not do any tasks, no matter what. The problem has persisted through three new colonies. :-(

i have no problems here and im on newest. are your mods enabled? even if u do full reinstall u have to delte the game folder in teh user files also for full reset.

to me sounds like u guys did 1 step wrong. u copy over the core folder(make sure make backupbefore so easy reinstall)
u guys need to open dev console in options and see if u got errors(for sure u do)

Jerigord

Quote from: sidfu on January 13, 2017, 03:19:10 PM
i have no problems here and im on newest. are your mods enabled? even if u do full reinstall u have to delte the game folder in teh user files also for full reset.

to me sounds like u guys did 1 step wrong. u copy over the core folder(make sure make backupbefore so easy reinstall)
u guys need to open dev console in options and see if u got errors(for sure u do)

Yes. Mods are enabled with no reordering done. I have deleted the game and all game folders, but I'll give that another shot.

I am definitely getting errors too. If they happen after this next reinstall, I'll post them.

Grizzly

Quote from: Jerigord on January 13, 2017, 03:30:06 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 13, 2017, 03:19:10 PM

Yes. Mods are enabled with no reordering done. I have deleted the game and all game folders, but I'll give that another shot.

I am definitely getting errors too. If they happen after this next reinstall, I'll post them.

i did reorder the mods like it said on the 1st page before even trying to start a new game

core
combat realism
core sk