[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Jerigord

Another full re-install appears to have worked. I'll try and put the complete process I followed here in case it helps someone else.

First off, I am running the Steam edition, so all instructions apply for it.

• Right click on Rimworld and select Delete Local Content.
  • Go to your Steam folder for Rimworld (usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rimworld) and delete everything left in it
  • Go to the AppData folder mentioned in the instructions and delete everything. Now you have a clean slate.
  • From within Steam, reinstall Rimworld. Run the game once to re-create all the correct config files.
  • Install the mod using the instructions on page one of this post.

NOTE - Within my AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios folder, I actually had two folders after reinstalling: Rimworld and "Rimworld by Ludeon Studios". I don't know if this is an artifact of the steam version. In any case, the Config directory and the necessary XML file were actually in the "Rimworld by Ludeon Studios" directory. I replaced the XML in there and started up Rimworld. After that, it loaded all the mods automatically. It did produce a minor error about keybindings for F5, but I ignored it. Everything else loaded fine. My colonists are now off and chopping wood, not knowing how badly they're about to die.

I hope this helps someone else. Good luck!

sidfu

fyi from a 14 to a16 they changed the name of the folder in user directores so that was probaly the issue u had.

@grizzly the mod folder has a config for that already ready to just drag and drop. u should only have to play with load order if u add a other mods. normally adding the mods at the lowest area should allow them to work fine long as they do do similar things the mod pack already does.

update

newest version has issue with no load button on main screen u can still load but start new then loading from in a game. issue posted on git.

Rhyssia

Sunday evening (-5UTC) I will most likely have some free time. I can use teamviewer to help people out with some issues not related to red/yellow line errors. If it is honestly very urgent, please send me a message on these forums and I will try to help you resolve them in a timely fashion.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

sidfu

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 13, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
Sunday evening (-5UTC) I will most likely have some free time. I can use teamviewer to help people out with some issues not related to red/yellow line errors. If it is honestly very urgent, please send me a message on these forums and I will try to help you resolve them in a timely fashion.

most major issue right now is the load game on start menu is gone with last update. no errors its just gone. but if u start new game u can load your old save fine

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 13, 2017, 06:11:10 PM
Quote from: Rhyssia on January 13, 2017, 06:02:41 PM

most major issue right now is the load game on start menu is gone with last update. no errors its just gone. but if u start new game u can load your old save fine

Sounds like Mods\Core\ will need to be redone
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

sidfu

Danetta

Why am I not able to select "permadeath" with randy?

sidfu

Quote from: Danetta on January 13, 2017, 10:37:48 PM
Why am I not able to select "permadeath" with randy?

posts it on git. they might have missed something in the .dll dealing with it

rekasa

My colonist got her arm bitten off by a tiger - I found Bionics in the research tree, but where are the more basic prosthetic research? I can't seem to see it in the tree.

Also, I guess I just instantly lost? It said the darkness is coming, and before I had a chance to light a torch, everyone got instantly killed.
That's kind of retarded.

Goo Poni

Yeah, the Darkness event has very little buildup
It's only a real time minute before it starts. If you have hunters out there or don't already have lighting, the colony is basically forfeit. For that reason and because of the obnoxiously loud forced quotes from the narrator of Darkest Dungeon, I keep darkness disabled now.

Many of the modded events have been cut out for me. Red errors about not finding the incidents is fine by me. Mozzies and flies spawning "in the home area" without a jump to location prompt means I spend the next couple minutes trying to home in on the chittering  (why do they chitter anyway?) only to find they spawned in an unused bedroom. Plunderers are supposed bounty hunters but it's just a manhunter pack of insects. That can go too. Earthquakes for random building damage. Nah. Razor rain so I can enjoy rebuilding all the solar arrays or other power buildings because Sky enjoys all buildings having about 50hp. Nah. I got nuclear fallout once without ever even building a nuclear power plant and having that melt down, which fucked the entire map and leaves it fucked. Even machines like hauling bots or centipedes die to radiation for some bizarre reason. Nah. Recently had the weather controller appear in a new A14 colony. Gonna wait to see if it does anything interesting. Sealed it up so it doesn't get shot because it has a paltry 1000hp and "stinks of mechanoids", so interacting with it will probably spawn some and they'll probably have lasers and blasters and destroy the controller by themselves with crap aim. So far all its done is summon brief thunderstorms.

notfood

Interact with weather controller, it's a fun chain.

Let me state that Darkness event needs to be tonned down a lot.

With that aside, light is cheap, and it's a great bonus +20% manipulation is huge, no reason not to have that stone torch from the get go and if you feel like exploiting, get the medical table light, cheap and infinite lightsource with no penalty... for now.

M00nStalker

Great to see that this modpack is back for A16!

Just a few questions:

1. I like the new system of sorting similar buildings under the same button. However I seem to have a bit of a problem with it. For example, if I want to build a simple grill I can't find any way of seeing the resources needed for it. If I hover over it all I see is the building materials needed for the milling stone (which is at the bottom). Am I doing something wrong?
2. Are wood plank walls removed? I can't seem to find them.

Curlyjefferson1

Is there a way to fix the UI, its Clipping past my Monitor and i cant see or read all the options.   

http://imgur.com/nFqH7F1

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Kitsune

Is it possible to change the fishing that the fish are not automated forbidden? That way we have to enable every single fish. ;D

sidfu

Quote from: Kitsune on January 14, 2017, 07:18:21 AM
Is it possible to change the fishing that the fish are not automated forbidden? That way we have to enable every single fish. ;D

im not sure but if they dont have a bow or gun on dont think they will fish. also fish take time to restock so depending on their skill they may beat its refresh.