[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

notfood

All these crashing issues, I've never experienced.

Could it be because I use Linux?

Azzarrel

since linux doesn't lower your video memory usage (according to my knowledge), I don't think it's related.
You probably just have a better video card. I still got a GTX 770  (~3 years old)

Could you give me some information on your system (Ram, video card, processor) and your Game settings (world size, map size)?
Playing RW under linux is still worth a try ;)

sidfu

notfood playes on a 1 pixel map and has a 1 hecta ram and a .0001byte video card  :o

killermen962

Can anyone else not play the darkness scenario where you have 6 colonists? Trying everything and changing mods/settings around and I cant get the map to generate (I get the map where I can choose my landing spot but the "Playing field" refuses to generate so I just get a "Failed to generate map error.)

Natas_Enasni

More poorly researched issues that have probably been reported from 1.5 week old build; can anyone give me an update on which are fixed in the latest build and if updating will bork my saves or not.

-Comm Console inoperable- fixed?  Will it be fixed from a previous save (deconstruct and remake?)
-Trade Tent disappears on build- fixed?
-Advanced Mining unit disappears on build- fixed?
-neutro flower petals cannot be placed in stockpiles and do not register as owned (i placed a stockpile over them with "all" enabled and still couldn't create neutromine with them)- is this fixed?
-infrastructure II claims to include medium heaters/coolers, but they aren't there- fixed?
-Cannot find to build circuit breakers- fixed?
-Same for Colored lights- fixed?
-Medicine deteriorates if on a wooden pallet-  I'm not sure if this is an issue with pallet or not but I had two bundles of medicine disappear and once I moved them from a pallet they didn't disappear again.  They seem to be fine in the later Medicine Cabinet.  I know they were degenerating because I watched the bar going down while they were on a pallet indoors.  Also not sure if this was previously reported/fixed. 
-antibiotics mislabeled as medicine drink on chemical lab
-previously reported issue with do x until you have x jobs was misreported- i'm literally a professional tester ladies and gentlemen
-units getting stuck interacting around containers (sometimes drop things back and forth/sometimes stand in a doorway right next to barrel... staring quietly at nothing, as if listening to voices you can't hear.  sometimes i wonder about these ... pawns)- I believe this was reported and had something to do with gear in inventory; is this fixed on latest?  Is there any steps to avoid this issue in the builds where it occurs?
-not sure if this is an issue with the base game or not but I cannot "rescue" neutral animals (sez no unowned beds).  I wanted to capture a feral raptor and hatch it's egg.... does that even work?

I think that's it for technical things.  As an aside, I have a bionic tail, how can I use this?  Can i only put it on animals with tails or something?  Can I put it on a human... I wanna put a tail on a human...

EDIT: On ammo craft station you have two options for 9x39 soviet ammo and both are standardt (sic); though I see "shock" ammo in options for loadout I cannot build that ammo.

Goo Poni

You can probably just go into the recipe defs to change the Vintorez ammo to the appropriate variant. While at it, you can probably change the name to 9x39 SP-6 instead of "standart". The problem with picking up and dropping items is to do with CR. CR allows you to add food to people's loadouts. Unfortunately they still attempt to pick up food whether they have it in a load out or not and anyone with a defined loadout that doesn't contain food will get stuck in that loop. You can find food items if you search under the extra laggy infinity option to search for just about anything. The bionic tail is mostly likely for Orassans. Not particularly useful unless you have one of those wookies in the colony. For large animals, you need a generic sleeping spot, animal bed and maybe a pillow. The three interim sleeping spots you can build are only for things that are fox sized or smaller.

Natas_Enasni

Quote from: Goo Poni on January 15, 2017, 03:07:24 AM
You can probably just go into the recipe defs to change the Vintorez ammo to the appropriate variant. While at it, you can probably change the name to 9x39 SP-6 instead of "standart". The problem with picking up and dropping items is to do with CR. CR allows you to add food to people's loadouts. Unfortunately they still attempt to pick up food whether they have it in a load out or not and anyone with a defined loadout that doesn't contain food will get stuck in that loop. You can find food items if you search under the extra laggy infinity option to search for just about anything. The bionic tail is mostly likely for Orassans. Not particularly useful unless you have one of those wookies in the colony. For large animals, you need a generic sleeping spot, animal bed and maybe a pillow. The three interim sleeping spots you can build are only for things that are fox sized or smaller.
thx for reply; I'm def capable of changing the defs myself after I google some info but I was just dropping info for thread.
as for the sleeping spot: I did have a bed that specifically mentioned being used for all animals, but I'll try again with the generic spot just in case.

also, how does updating affect saves?  Is it feasible to continue a save from previous update or just a luck of the draw kinda scenario?

Goo Poni

As a rule, going from alpha to alpha is a no. Not without major save file surgery. I believe there is a guide for going from A15 to A16 either here or on the subreddit. Tynan's general policy is no save file compatability between alphas. Sweeping changes like the world generation in A16 are easier without trying to ensure backwards compatability.

Now, an issue of my own. I'm playing the final A14 version while the A16 version is brought up to a playable state. Bought foxes early on in my colony, found out they're not big enough to rescue people. After several litters of kits, I traded them in for arctic wolves and kept the bonded foxes and kits. Discovered that wolves can't be sicced on people. Have about 30 wolves trained but only the foxes go hunting with their bondmate.  Throwing 30 dogs at tribals was basically the point of getting them and they can't be told to do it, despite advanced intelligence and many now able to haul and rescue, let alone be let off the leash.

CsakosHUN

If someone make a bigger change, Can uploade the changelog?

sidfu

@CsakasHUN its on git anytime a file is changed it is listed.

@natas u wont beable to use older save due to the world gen changes. anytime world gen changes  u HAVE to start new game or u get world gen failures. almost all those issues have been fixed. if u find any issues report it on git not here.

think of the thread more of as general help and major issues and errors go on git so they can be fixed.

Owlchemist

Quote from: CsakosHUN on January 15, 2017, 06:07:10 AM
If someone make a bigger change, Can uploade the changelog?

Github can be a lil' confusing to navigate. If you click history you can see the changes. Here you go: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/commits/master/Mods

zzz1000

.Maybe I miss or broke something but "smelting weapons" on weapon crafting table seems do not work for me. I allow all and there definitely some weapons around but it say no materials
I remember I somehow disassembled weapons to various pieces in some version but I don't remember how I did it. What I need for it?

Kenji

Hello,

Will you be incorporating QoL improvement mods such as "Hand me that brick", "I'm the Worker Now!", and "A World Without Hat"?

In case if anyone's not familiar with what the aforementioned mods do, they are listed as following:

1. Hand me that brick: Allows pawns to haul materials to construction sites without being tagged as construction. This enables the Construction pawns to construct without having the haul the materials themselves. (Very immersive and a time-saver if you ask me. It's inevitably a hardcore mod nerf, though)

2. I'm the Worker Now: Allows the player to override any unassigned pawns to do any assignments (within their acceptable traits). ex: if a pawn is not assigned to haul, as long as it doesn't have traits stopping it from doing so, the player can forcefully assign the pawn to haul something by right clicking on objects. (Reduces the redundancy of having to manually assign pawns to do hauling and un-assign them afterward)

3. A World Without Hat: The Pawn portraits will not show the headgear/helmet, while the in-action pawn remains unchanged (Helmet will show on real map, but disabled on the top portion of the selection screen). So far this also disables the "EdB Prepare Carefully" helmets from showing during prepare carefully windows.

Let us know, and thanks!

notfood

Just add them, they are compatible.

I use these additional mods in my pack:
Crate
Caerbannog
AWorldWithoutHat
QualityBuilder
MarvsClearTheStockpiles
MarvsPleaseHaulPerishables
OmniLocator
Miniaturisation
CrashLanding

Quote from: Goo Poni on January 15, 2017, 04:31:59 AMI'm playing the final A14 version while the A16 version is brought up to a playable state. Bought foxes early on in my colony, found out they're not big enough to rescue people. After several litters of kits, I traded them in for arctic wolves and kept the bonded foxes and kits. Discovered that wolves can't be sicced on people. Have about 30 wolves trained but only the foxes go hunting with their bondmate.  Throwing 30 dogs at tribals was basically the point of getting them and they can't be told to do it, despite advanced intelligence and many now able to haul and rescue, let alone be let off the leash.

Just designate an animal area where you want to attack, assign all the wolves and watch the world burn.

Never done a chicken rush? It's amazingly effective to the point of being OP. Too tiny to shoot and hit, will permastun anything in their path.

GFireflyE

So I've been playing A16 with yesterday's download of SK Hardcore. Just found out this morning that the 5+ hours that I saved last night will not load - gives me a "90% error message and cannot load" message.

Anyone else having problems with loading saved games?