[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Kadrush

Did anyone has the number for growing skill VS harvest failling possibility? In the current mod version for a16 if the harvest fails you loose the seed, meaning that very often i end up with fewer seeds than i sow, making the game very hard for me specially in the food front, forcing me to depend on jerky and hidro mushrooms. I mean, if i dont prepare carefully it ll be very unlikely that i ll have anyone capable of growing food from seeds without the risk of harvest failling and not being able to stockpile them. Also, it is very hard for the merchants that visit me to even sell seeds.

About hidro mushrooms, there is a small issue with the recipes related to them. Since they are not classified neither as basic food or ingredients, they are just useless.

sidfu

looks like refueling needs more work. currently they will grab anything to try to refuel even if it has no burn unit. no error thou.

NemesisN

what do I do with other folders that are outside mods folder ?

Research tree, temp, language folders, HighRes, .gitignore, ect.

where do they go ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

rekasa

Quote from: GFireflyE on January 15, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
So I've been playing A16 with yesterday's download of SK Hardcore. Just found out this morning that the 5+ hours that I saved last night will not load - gives me a "90% error message and cannot load" message.

Anyone else having problems with loading saved games?
Happened to me too. Where do I find the log?

sidfu

Quote from: NemesisN on January 15, 2017, 04:19:11 PM

where do they go ?

not needed they just extra.

@anyone if u haveing issues loading look in your save file and if u had built or started building the quarry delte it out of the save should allow loading.

NemesisN

Quote from: sidfu on January 15, 2017, 04:23:08 PM

where do they go ?

@anyone if u haveing issues loading look in your save file and if u had built or started building the quarry delte it out of the save should allow loading.

how do I add those extra things tho ? where do I put them to work ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Natas_Enasni

Quote from: rekasa on January 15, 2017, 04:19:33 PM
So I've been playing A16 with yesterday's download of SK Hardcore. Just found out this morning that the 5+ hours that I saved last night will not load - gives me a "90% error message and cannot load" message.

Happened to me too. Where do I find the log?

This happened to me when I closed the program before it completely saved; but has not occurred since then, even though I've been playing my colony over a week.

EDIT: Nemesis I was wondering same thing; those are all extras you can ignore.

sidfu

Quote from: NemesisN on January 15, 2017, 04:30:07 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 15, 2017, 04:23:08 PM

where do they go ?

how do I add those extra things tho ? where do I put them to work ?

they just translations and work in progress stuff. the high res textures can be used thou they go in the
RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Textures\Terrain

other stuff u can delte u dont need or want to try to use

Owlchemist

I got hit by this same problem too last night :(
Afaik it's not an error with HCSK but rather the game itself struggling with out of memory errors. Having a look through my log, I could see it too.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 14904.
Total: 292.662323 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.466628 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.611755 ms MarkObjects: 291.546417 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.036657 ms)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 1.174533 ms
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 3212098107.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 3212098107.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 3212098107.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 3212098107.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 3212098107!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 3212098107B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow
Allocation happend at: Line:177 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 218870246B | peak: 0B | reserved: 231441426B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_JOB ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 2097152B
[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 260160440B | peak: 0B | reserved: 299269884B
[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 1048B | peak: 0B | reserved: 2097152B
[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B
[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B
[ ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD ] used: 30721B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4390912B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 3212098107B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow
Allocation happend at: Line:177 in
Memory overview

Rhyssia

::PSA::

Until otherwise noted I would like to advise everyone not to play with map sizes over 250x250. (300x300 with GTX 970). As the OOM/MAF error seems to be tied to available memory of the Graphics Card (This is of course speculation.)

If you have 12 gb ram or greater of system memory and 6 gb or more of Graphics Card memory then it would be possible to play on map sizes greater than 300x300.

If you have 8 gb or less of system memory, and/or less than 4 gb of Graphics Card memory I would suggest map sizes ranging from 200x200 to 250x250 and one main colony and one caravan at a time.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

ephemeralkap

Hello all, I'm new to the modpack and have a few questions..

How does the research work? Sometimes my pawns won't research a tech if it requires "Technology" or "Power", which you already start with. I think I'm missing something.. Any pointers?

Thanks

Edit: Figured it out, had to upgrade my research bench.

rekasa

Where do you get sulfur? Coal and Nitre is easy, but I have no idea where to get sulfur. :(

Owlchemist

Quote from: rekasa on January 16, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
Where do you get sulfur? Coal and Nitre is easy, but I have no idea where to get sulfur. :(

It's made from iron ore at the ammo crafting station.

rekasa

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 16, 2017, 12:50:16 AM
Quote from: rekasa on January 16, 2017, 12:45:34 AM

It's made from iron ore at the ammo crafting station.

Huh, didn't expect it to be there. Thanks!