[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

zipqun

Owlchemist

Quote from: zipqun on January 19, 2017, 01:55:53 AM
fuck ; if i update i can play with my old saves?

Usually, yeah. Sometimes no, though, especially if things were removed from the mod. The longer its been since you last updated, the less likely it'll be compatible.

zipqun

ok, i understand :) thanks guys, i edited that save and it's work perfect now : ))

Owlchemist

Does anyone else feel the "brightly lit" buff is unnecessary? Especially if you're aiming for a truly hardcore experience. I think the darkness debuff makes sense, but I'd question if I'd perform better than my 100% just because I can see what I'm doing (especially a substantial 20% better).

I would just assume 100% performance is simply based on ideal, lit conditions already.

sidfu

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 19, 2017, 02:11:52 AM
Does anyone else feel the "brightly lit" buff is unnecessary? Especially if you're aiming for a truly hardcore experience. I think the darkness debuff makes sense, but I'd question if I'd perform better than my 100% just because I can see what I'm doing (especially a substantial 20% better).

I would just assume 100% performance is simply based on ideal, lit conditions already.

think it more of a psychological issue. most humans naturally work better in bright room than dim room but long tiime working in a bright room has its own psychological draw backs.

tbh someone needs to make a compete psychological mod not a part mod like most are

Merlon

I've run into a problem with the world map. The attached image shows my colony site at the hex on the coast with the yellow outline. My colony icon is not visible, the UI has disappeared, and no sites can be clicked when on that side of the world. The dev console lists the following error happening every tick:

Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UnityEngine.Texture2D].TryGetValue (System.String key, UnityEngine.Texture2D& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentHolder`1[UnityEngine.Texture2D].Get (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ContentFinder`1[UnityEngine.Texture2D].Get (System.String itemPath, Boolean reportFailure) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MaterialPool.MatFrom (System.String texPath, UnityEngine.Shader shader, Color color) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.FactionBase.get_Material () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldLayer_WorldObjects.Regenerate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldLayer.Render () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldRenderer.DrawWorldLayers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Scrolling nearer to the equator stops the error, shows the UI, and allows selection, but as my colony is in the affected area I can't actually use the world map for much of anything.

I'm playing using the Asari Republic scenario should that affect things. Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

UneTarte

Quote from: sidfu on January 18, 2017, 06:16:51 PM

those people with xml errors its almost 100% true its not installed right.
for those that keep haveing issues do this.

1. unsub to all mods for rimworld in workshop.
2. uninstalll game. also manualy go in and delte the main game folder and the main settings folder for game in user data.
3. reinstall game. dont instsall any mods yet.
4. start game set your settings and such so game can regen the settings folder comptely.
5. make a backup of the core folder.
6. install the hardcore pack and OVERWRITE the core folder.
7. now u can start and play and resub to your workshop mods

thanks sidfu it seems the game work fine now :)

Iridescent

There is a bug wherein animal beds do not fit muffalos or megasloths even though the description states that they will fit any sized animal

Edit: Champigions cant be grown in fungiponics basins, and shimmershrooms cant be used to cook mushroom based recipes

Kitsune

Wanted to ask, is it enough(for an mod update) to delete the mod folder. Putting an original core in the mod folder that the main game folder is nearly fresh and install now the mod over it? (the mod data in appdata, too of course)

Or is it alway's better to deinstall the whole game, delete everything and reinstall the game and after that the mod?

Because, sure i love the activity but sometimes the mod gets updatet a couple times a day and everytime deleting everything and reinstall everything is not really fluffy. ;D

Owlchemist

Quote from: Kitsune on January 19, 2017, 10:34:16 AM
Wanted to ask, is it enough(for an mod update) to delete the mod folder. Putting an original core in the mod folder that the main game folder is nearly fresh and install now the mod over it? (the mod data in appdata, too of course)

Or is it alway's better to deinstall the whole game, delete everything and reinstall the game and after that the mod?

Because, sure i love the activity but sometimes the mod gets updatet a couple times a day and everytime deleting everything and reinstall everything is not really fluffy. ;D

Most of the time you can just overwrite if you're doing small updates, but it pays to read the change notes. If things were removed, then you're better off wiping and starting over. (you don't have to reinstall the whole game though. Just keep a backup of vanilla core somewhere for quick restore).

Quote from: Iridescent on January 19, 2017, 06:52:18 AM
There is a bug wherein animal beds do not fit muffalos or megasloths even though the description states that they will fit any sized animal

A fix is pending, thanks.

sidfu

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 19, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Quote from: Kitsune on January 19, 2017, 10:34:16 AM

Most of the time you can just overwrite if you're doing small updates, but it pays to read the change notes. If things were removed, then you're better off wiping and starting over. (you don't have to reinstall the whole game though. Just keep a backup of vanilla core somewhere for quick restore).

Quote from: Iridescent on January 19, 2017, 06:52:18 AM

A fix is pending, thanks.

well what i put is for those who are haveing constant problems.

well i recommend every time u update anyway to redo the mod folder at min.

this is what i recommmend doing anytime there a update(this is  a already modded game that works doing a update)
1. backup your mod folder that has all the mods
2.delte anything in mods folder
3. restore the orginal core folder back into mods
4. now install updated mod pack and other mods u use.

reason its good to do it this way is
1. allows u if there a major bug to keep playing since u can restore older files.
2. keep u from haveing mod issues  normaly

Gaiska

so now i have concrete made with the mixer. how i can reinforce this concrete? what table i need ? thank you

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Gaiska on January 19, 2017, 01:48:07 PM
so now i have concrete made with the mixer. how i can reinforce this concrete? what table i need ? thank you

I *think* the same table that you cut stone, and make the rubble and sand.

Entropy147

I can't seem to store neutro flower petals, when I looked at the stockpile menu i couldn't find the item to allow it, pressing allow all did nothing aswell

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Sentry on January 19, 2017, 03:09:00 PM
I can't seem to store neutro flower petals, when I looked at the stockpile menu i couldn't find the item to allow it, pressing allow all did nothing aswell

Did you try typing in the search bar in the stockpile config window? Storage search should find that for you pretty easy.. gonna play right now, so I'll take a look as well. So, possibly brb.

edit: I'm not finding it either. The only petals I am finding are Rainbow Petals.