[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ThomasCro

Research is weird after latest git.

It doesn't notify that it has been done, sits there at max with the colonists busy "researching".

sidfu

Quote from: ThomasCro on January 31, 2017, 07:54:49 PM
Research is weird after latest git.

It doesn't notify that it has been done, sits there at max with the colonists busy "researching".

check dev console and see if their a repeating error. i had that happen once i saved and reloaded and it fixed it.

Zakhad

Couple of Brewery questions.

Are you meant to start out with the abilty to craft a brewery?

Basically I found a drop-pod full of wort and figured oh sweet I could probably make some easy beer! It's only like a 2-3 crafting difficulty recipe. (I don't think it was that long ago since I made some lol...) I noticed that beer was taken out yet I'm able to craft most other alcoholic drinks i.e. cider sake rum etc. I was just wondering if it was an oversight or intentional? To not be able to craft beer, or rather just not be able to use the brewery in general.

I noticed that there was a very long winded research for it which is like 10,000 points worth starting at Neolithic seems a bit odd just to unlock brewery stuff in general, "Allows you to build a brewery to transform hops into tasty wort" Yet I already have the abilty to craft a brewery & wort. I'm pretty certain it's just to allow you to make the crated stuff, but also I'm guessing that's where beer would be unlocked, I can't see to find it under drugs etc so anyways, any clarity someone could provide would be much appreciated :)

Using commit 5aecf734a5bfd433d45d58c82c915757e3c642ca (Retextures)

sidfu

Quote from: Zakhad on January 31, 2017, 10:07:40 PM
Couple of Brewery questions.

Are you meant to start out with the abilty to craft a brewery?

Basically I found a drop-pod full of wort and figured oh sweet I could probably make some easy beer! It's only like a 2-3 crafting difficulty recipe. (I don't think it was that long ago since I made some lol...) I noticed that beer was taken out yet I'm able to craft most other alcoholic drinks i.e. cider sake rum etc. I was just wondering if it was an oversight or intentional? To not be able to craft beer, or rather just not be able to use the brewery in general.

I noticed that there was a very long winded research for it which is like 10,000 points worth starting at Neolithic seems a bit odd just to unlock brewery stuff in general, "Allows you to build a brewery to transform hops into tasty wort" Yet I already have the abilty to craft a brewery & wort. I'm pretty certain it's just to allow you to make the crated stuff, but also I'm guessing that's where beer would be unlocked, I can't see to find it under drugs etc so anyways, any clarity someone could provide would be much appreciated :)

Using commit 5aecf734a5bfd433d45d58c82c915757e3c642ca (Retextures)

if u start tribal yes u sstart with the brewery. beer is still in but u cant make till u learn to ferment it just lick stsock. they probaly get a reseach requiment later right now other things take priorty.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Kenji on January 31, 2017, 01:03:13 AM
Is there a way to make the embrasures not passable? Something about my pawns walking right through the fortifications after a firefight just bugs me.

Iirc, it used to be impassable but this caused raids to be entirely one-sided... or something akin to balance problems.

Try looking up the mod "Path Avoid" on the steam workshop. It'll let you specify where you don't want pawns to walk. I like to use it for a few other things like, like for example making it so they quit walking over my bar counter in the dining hall, and to encourage them to quit cutting corners on the paved pathways and collecting dirt :P

FreyaMaluk

a very stupid question.... how can I download this mod pack?? The link to GitHub has a lot of files and I really don't know what to click on...
Also tried the Nexus link, but the version is very updated... Can someone help??

Oragepoilu

Quote from: FreyaMaluk on February 01, 2017, 02:59:02 PM
a very stupid question.... how can I download this mod pack?? The link to GitHub has a lot of files and I really don't know what to click on...
Also tried the Nexus link, but the version is very updated... Can someone help??
http://hpics.li/a9e4bfc

legion2303

Anyone else having a problem were you get no raids?

Besides that the mod is great!

Thanks
GA

Oragepoilu

Quote from: legion2303 on February 01, 2017, 04:13:25 PM
Anyone else having a problem were you get no raids?

Besides that the mod is great!

Thanks
GA

I think i'v read a few post before that wealth changed, and because of this you need to acquire more wealth (building/stockpile) than usual to be attacked (no point of attacking you if you have nothing to steal I guess)

legion2303

Thanks!

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 01, 2017, 04:26:29 PM

I think i'v read a few post before that wealth changed, and because of this you need to acquire more wealth (building/stockpile) than usual to be attacked (no point of attacking you if you have nothing to steal I guess)

legion2303

Another quick question... If I have onion seeds, and i have the tech.. Why can not I plant them? Do i need special soil?

Duncan

Quote from: Kenji on January 31, 2017, 01:03:13 AM
Is there a way to make the embrasures not passable? Something about my pawns walking right through the fortifications after a firefight just bugs me.

In the file RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Defences.xml
find the line
<passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
in the embrasures def and change it to
<passability>Impassable</passability>

You can do this with any building. I generally change fences as well so they keep animals out again. The reason it was changed from this originally is that the AI won't shoot at you if it can't find a path to you. This is a bug in the vanilla game as far as I know and is pretty lame. The problem is the solution of just making everything walkable is also lame. I find that the game is sufficiently challenging if you make these impassable and then just crank up the difficulty. This mod can be pretty hard on the hardest settings even with useless AI.

At least it was back when raids were working.

Oragepoilu

Using latest version (I started a few hours ago).

I can't load my saves. Unless, that's it, I start a new game, then load my real colony once I'm actually in game.

Is there any information about this problem ?

sidfu

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 01, 2017, 05:36:24 PM
Using latest version (I started a few hours ago).

I can't load my saves. Unless, that's it, I start a new game, then load my real colony once I'm actually in game.

Is there any information about this problem ?

if its loading after loading another game then thats the ram bug from base game. its not the mod packs fault it just makes it worse is all. the best way to avoid it is to use smaller maps.

btw dont be afraid to jump on disicord to ask questions.

Oragepoilu

@sidfu
Thx for the answer. I didn't know about it but now I know what I should be looking for.