[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Rhyssia

Quote from: silverskin on February 05, 2017, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: jaynus on February 05, 2017, 05:53:04 PM
Am I expected to heavily invest in high-tech industrial cooling for this first?
Nah, you don't need to go that far. You should be able to build simple, unpowered vents on the walls. That'll equalise the temperature with the outside. They don't use power and just take a bit of metal and components to make.

Or get super lazy, build the room on the outside of your base so that the doors go directly outside, and just leave them open. (About one door per 15 squares.)
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Owlchemist

Just an FYI that there has been a number of changes to rebalance animals (namely beasts of burden), especially in regards to milk. You can find all the updated stats here on the cheatsheet.

awesowe

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 05, 2017, 07:43:05 AM

seems Psychology compatible with latest update. But not properly work for non-human race.
dub's Bad Hygiene -not tested

Had a couple of hours yesterday and tested it for a bit, so far so good. Didn't spot any sort of odd behavior, as far as balance goes it fits pretty nice with the rest of the pack, though needs some tweaking (if you are considering including it in the list later on). Early game gets a little harder and finicky, though later (when you get to power and batteries) it's a pretty much a positive mood permabuff (the only trade-off is a little bit of space and time invested into building a proper bathroom).

ThomasCro

I'm sorry if this was answered, but my question is what is the ETA for the finish of the test phase of Jewel?

Owlchemist

I've got dozens of hours of testing with dub's bad hygiene and HCSK. It's worked fine for me. I mean it obviously doesn't take advantage of using HCSK's resources, but it's still usable and works fine.

M00nStalker

Quote from: Rorgan on February 05, 2017, 05:15:31 PM
Please, anyone knows a solution how to turn off the "dead apparel" penalty?
Its really killing the game for me since my pawns trying to equip all the dead raiders apparel after every raid and i failed to find a way to stop them, so i always end up more than -5 modifier on everyone's mood.
You can use the "assign" menu to disallow the wearing of dead man's clothes.

Kaldusar

With last update on GitHub i get a weird bug.  Odin Hammer didn't do any damage. Can it be a some conflict with crashlading mod?

Edit: It about all explosions... Started new colony explosions working...

Kitsune

I have a little problem with my mine extractor. Build it as needed on a deposit of minerals wired it up to the power grid and it dont want to work. ;D
It only shows the symbol as it have not enough power but my steam engines deliver actually 1010W, is this not enough? Because i see nowhere how many exactly the mine extractor needs. :-\

And a little side question, are they infinite or are they running out of minerals some day?

Oragepoilu

I did a try and added on my own the melee hunting mod, but it doesn't seems to works.

Do someone was able to make it work somehow for this pack ? I can't find much information about this not working.

It would be more convenient than either waste ammo on animals I could melee, or force myself to manually order my pawn around to hunt.

Well, if in the end it's not possible to have auto melee hunting, I guess I'll just try to have some fish.

@little kitsune
It use +- 3000 power. Around. Can't tell exactly, I just removed one wire and checked before/after my power usage.

Kitsune

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 06, 2017, 09:55:52 AM@little kitsune
It use +- 3000 power. Around. Can't tell exactly, I just removed one wire and checked before/after my power usage.

kay~ then i have to upgrade my power supply. :) Thank you.

Azzarrel

Is there any way to reprogram terminators ?
I just had a infiltrator (i think) and would like to convert him now ^^

Rorgan

Quote from: M00nStalker on February 06, 2017, 04:10:44 AM
Quote from: Rorgan on February 05, 2017, 05:15:31 PM
Please, anyone knows a solution how to turn off the "dead apparel" penalty?
Its really killing the game for me since my pawns trying to equip all the dead raiders apparel after every raid and i failed to find a way to stop them, so i always end up more than -5 modifier on everyone's mood.
You can use the "assign" menu to disallow the wearing of dead man's clothes.

I can't find any option to do that in the assign menu / outfits, there's only one filter and that's for "Allow non-deadman's apparel".
If i understand that right, that's allow your pawns to wear apparel of non-dead, so that's means normal crafted / traded apparel.
Very confusing i have to say!  :o

UPDATE
Ok, after some testing its seems like the "Allow non-deadman's apparel" filter actually prevent your pawns to wear apparel of dead people.
Thanks for the help!

UPDATE 2

Well..... i tested it a bit more and its definitely do what i first thought, its allow your pawns to wear non-dead's apparel, which means if you turn it off, they drop everything they had and starting to look for all the apparel of dead people LOL!

Maybe its some kind of bug?

Oragepoilu

@rorgan

Well you know, if you want to have a perma debuff of mood this option if useful, as it allow you to wear only gear that come from corpses ....

Yeah, should be obvious, it's just an option that is not here for the outfit part but for the trading/burn apparel part. For instance, make a special stockpile and a working station near it with boht a filter to allow only deadman's apparel and a bill with low range/burn or deconstruct apparel.

The opposite should have been done too, I have no freaking idea why it haven't be done in the base game yet.

However, pawn shouldn't wear any d's unless they have *nothing* else. they should wear it only in case where :
-if they wear nothing, they get a mood debuff (naked)
-if they wear something, it give worst modd debuff than wearing this d's apparel

Try craft some replacement for your deadman gear and look if they swap it. And check if you, by accident, force some gear on them.

Some mod already do it (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738206572) but I'm not sure it's compatible.

There is also some other option - I make compost of corpses, so I don't have dead man gear. If someone survive I do strip it to get his gear but otherwise I don't (only exception is battle gear for my terminator :P).

Rorgan

I'm still in early stage in my game so i trying to reclaim every fabric from D gear and craft apparel from those.
Its a bit of nightmare to manage it though, since i have no option to restrict my pawns from all the D and even though i started to force wear normal crafted cloths on them, they missing some parts all the time.

Anyways thanks for your advice!

Goo Poni

Quote from: Azzarrel on February 06, 2017, 10:47:43 AM
Is there any way to reprogram terminators ?
I just had a infiltrator (i think) and would like to convert him now ^^

"Prototype" terminators can join the colony as random pawns through the wanderer joins event and then usually by tomorrow they drop dead and reanimate as terminators. Can't convert hostile terminators though.