[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

xodu

Is there a way to remove a faction from spawning in the game?

Soulcube

Hey i like the new meat-"system", no more cans to compare thousends of different kinds of meat, but the new leather system isnt my favourit. U win raom in ur stock but lose so many furs. Or did i oversee something? (played for two hours to test it)

Jahsus

I cannot find the multianalyzer. It dosent show anywhere in the research tree or construction options. I have researched EVERYTHING apart from the options that need the multianalyser.

Oragepoilu

@jah

research ergonomic III, the analizer will be with the other research building once it's done

gachatar

UPDATE: While this bug definitely exists, it's possible that it wasn't the (only) one that corrupted my save game. After not doing the operation minutes later I still got a corrupted save game, which was most likely caused by a Green Dragon spawning, walking around while unconscious (really) and then throwing hundreds of null reference errors to the console. Destroying it with the dev tool seems to have fixed it corrupting the save.

Bug report: cure gunshot wound / scratch / bruise will cause save game corruption if you save immediately after the operation. It seems the pain source is gone but the pain debuff itself will take a few ingame hours to disappear, and during that time it will have a null reference to the pain source and kill your save games and you get a map load error. If you wait until the patient comes out of anesthesia it seems you're safe.

Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_Human2199263 of type Verse.Pawn. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right?

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.HediffSet.PartOrAnyAncestorHasDirectlyAddedParts (Verse.BodyPartRecord part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Hediff_Injury.get_PainOffset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Skynet._HediffSet._CalculatePain (Verse.HediffSet _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.get_PainTotal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnCapacityUtility.CapacityEfficiencyOffsetFromPain (Verse.HediffSet hediffs, Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnCapacityUtility.CalculateEfficiency (Verse.HediffSet diffSet, Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler.Notify_CapacityEfficienciesDirty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.DirtyCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefResolver.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Oragepoilu

@gach

you talk about a "green" dragon. I never saw one but I can confirm that the special event that spawn a rare "fire" dragon have the exact same problem, unconscious & corrupt save

In case somebody happen to not being able to load a save because of this problem it's always possible to open you save with notepad++ (or something else) and remove the reference to the dragon.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Soulcube on February 09, 2017, 08:08:21 AM
Hey i like the new meat-"system", no more cans to compare thousends of different kinds of meat, but the new leather system isnt my favourit. U win raom in ur stock but lose so many furs. Or did i oversee something? (played for two hours to test it)

It's possible we made add some more leathers/furs again to address any gaps in granularity or need players find. Consider the overhaul a "starting point". It needs more play testing first.

gachatar

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 09, 2017, 01:19:07 PM
@gach

you talk about a "green" dragon. I never saw one but I can confirm that the special event that spawn a rare "fire" dragon have the exact same problem, unconscious & corrupt save

In case somebody happen to not being able to load a save because of this problem it's always possible to open you save with notepad++ (or something else) and remove the reference to the dragon.
Yes, it was definitely a green dragon, that was also its name. I guess there are multiple variations and they are all broken. I know you can edit save games, but the output log did not point me to the dragon at all. I only found it as the cause while loading an earlier save game and looking at the ingame log as the dragon spawned.

Oragepoilu

@gatch

There is a version of this event that bring night with a sort of big dog - it worked fine for me
There is another that bring a cold/ice dragon - this one worked fine for me too
So, sound more a red/green problem only ? I guess

Soulcube

Quote from: Owlchemist on February 09, 2017, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Soulcube on February 09, 2017, 08:08:21 AM

It's possible we made add some more leathers/furs again to address any gaps in granularity or need players find. Consider the overhaul a "starting point". It needs more play testing first.

sounds great

FreyaMaluk

hi sky :)
Thanks again for taking into consideration what I said about rocks and flora in general concerning color saturation... I'm very happy with the changes :)

This time I have some suggestions concerning some functionalities:
- there is a missing feature in HCSK. In A16 you can click on anything (workstations, furniture, structures like walls, doors - no weapons or apparel) and there right next to "deconstruct," "cancel," etc there is a very useful button called "build copy." This feature saves a lot of time, because you just have to click on that and you can place an exact copy wherever you need to, without having to go back and open the menu and look for that workstation or structure. Specially for walls and floors, this is a must in my book. Idk why you have left this out of HCSK, but I'm pretty sure this is a needed feature.
- other functionality that could make things a bit easier when fiddling around with stockpiles, growing zones, and dumping zones is provided by JTZoneButtons. Not sure if you know what this mod does. I'll tell you either way, it adds extra buttons if you click on any stockpile, dumping zone, or growing zone. The additions vary depending on the selected zone: "growing/dumping/stockpile zone," "delete zone." It works similarly to the aforementioned feature. If you click on any growing/dumping/stockpile zone you can immediately place another one of the same type and shrink or enlarge the selected zone... This mod is vanilla Rimworld to me... soooo useful.
- Another thing I've noticed is the crazy growing time for grass. My grower is harvesting in a year around zone (learning wheels... Ik... ;) ) and he is not even finished, when grass starts popping up immediately after. To be honest it is a bit OP on the one hand (hay 4 ever) and on the other hand is just plainly annoying, I have to micromanage a lot of the harvesting, cuz my grower will stop sowing if grass has spawn on that spot... This is considerably different from vanilla and it defies a bit the purpose of making agriculture balanced. Idk if you introduced this change to compensate a bit for the research time or harsher biomes, but this is crazy grass growing is not balanced at all.
Edit - my farms are on rich soil... idk if this influences the spawning rate... this is obviously beneficial for temperate forest, maybe the taiga offers the right spawning balance :)

ok... that's all :)
I haven't discovered all the modpack's content (save file breaking updates and other shenanigans) so that's all I have for now.

Peace :)

Oragepoilu

you can avoid most the grass growing if you put separation between area with grass and area where you sow.

Plant grow by themself mostly if :

Biome allow it
There is another plant nearby
enough fertility

If you place a new ground there is no fertility and thus you can avoid this problem.

flying tomato

Hi. I'm getting lag after playing for about 1-2 seasons. Im playing on biggest map but it should be fine because Im running i5 6600. I also tried to use dev tool and killed all the plants and most of the animals and nothing happens. Even when I pause the game I still get some lag spikes every 3-4sec while moving the screen around the map. Anyone else having this problem?

sergiocella

How can I build the advanced research table? I've investigated all the requirements but i don't see it in the construction menu.

Oragepoilu

@tomato

An I5 6600 is wayyyy wayyyy wayyyy not enough to play on the biggest map size lmao. Even the faster out here won't do it with "no problem".

I must say, you shouldn't even think about playing over the normal size with this modpack with this one cpu, as later you will have even more lag.

I'm not saying this cpu sucks per see, but it's clearly not enough to deal with the hight amount of stuff that queue regularly.

@sergio

I don't know what "advanced research table" you talk about. There is a primitive, normal, Hi-tech, and additional multi analyzer.
All of them are under the same tab, Misc (between sun lamp and medical facility)