[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Rhyssia

Not to worry, we'll be looking into fixing a lot of the research weirdness soon.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Kenji

I noticed a huge fps drop after some explosion event (Not sure when). The log here is stated as such:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

screenshot: http://imgur.com/i9c2gpU

It appears to be stuck in an infinite loop. I'm thinking it's because I either updated some portion of the game mid play and somehow it ended up with a missing reference. After some googling, it could also be some combat realism related ExplosionManager event thing. Will I have to restart a new game? Or is there a fix somehow?

Edit: a similar issue was opened on github https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/614

Also, Wild Rose, Hypericum, and Mint are edible to colonists somehow, I believe these should be limited as crafting materials. Perhaps make them only edible to animals similar to Hay instead.

Iridescent

Quote from: Rhyssia on February 12, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
Not to worry, we'll be looking into fixing a lot of the research weirdness soon.

Yup i have the turbine in the same room as an advanced generator and have vents pushing heat into the room  and the max i can hit is about 110 degrees :\. i need it to be about 200 degrees or so

BlackSmokeDMax

Is there a plan to get some of the A16 features into the game which are now missing?

Thinking of:
Stonecutting Tweaks inclusion
Button for making a copy of currently highlighted item
Think there was one more which I can't remember now, knew I should have made a list, lol!

One other question is the Help system from CCL. Will that be able to be included at some point, or is that going to require waiting for CCL still? I ask because it seems a lot of the other things seem to have been either pulled from CCL or else maybe used one of the newer libraries, Harmony, HugsLib. Just hoping the great and really helpful Help system won't be left behind.

InsKill

Bug in stockpile orders? I have a jerks and raw meat. Make a stockpile 1 for "raw meat" and stockpile 2 for "meals". Colonists says that no empty plases for that jerks and raw meat. Sorry for bad english.

in russian:
Проблема со складами. Есть склады с марками "raw meat" и "meals". Но сырое мясо и готовое валяется на полу и колонисты говорят что некуда складывать.

Разобрался. Надо еще поставить "allow fresh". Вот только это интуитивно непонятно. Может как-то где-то указать?

tamzatumanami

Good job guys you broke this modpack with leather/meat update.

flying tomato

Quote from: tamzatumanami on February 13, 2017, 02:57:36 AM
Good job guys you broke this modpack with leather/meat update.
It is not their job, and they do not owe you to fix it but they will, so show some respect for their free work.

Canute

Quote from: InsKill on February 13, 2017, 02:15:05 AM
Bug in stockpile orders? I have a jerks and raw meat. Make a stockpile 1 for "raw meat" and stockpile 2 for "meals". Colonists says that no empty plases for that jerks and raw meat. Sorry for bad english.

Did you notice this modpack add a new overall flag for stockpiles ?
Allow fresh, i think you are missing that flag.

InsKill

Quote from: Canute on February 13, 2017, 03:44:04 AM
Quote from: InsKill on February 13, 2017, 02:15:05 AM

Did you notice this modpack add a new overall flag for stockpiles ?
Allow fresh, i think you are missing that flag.

Yeah, that it!

Oragepoilu

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on February 13, 2017, 01:09:58 AM
Is there a plan to get some of the A16 features into the game which are now missing?

Thinking of:
Button for making a copy of currently highlighted item

In game,
Select the building you want to copy and press (B).

My bad, I misunderstood (copy/moving).

Free tip : Early game you can drop and disable to haul one (or more, but one is enough) coldstone or glowstone on top of a crafting spot (where the colonist stand when crafting) to avoid the darkness mood debuff.

Side note : I am making medicine thing (for healing), but they require a skilled doc while using cook skill.
That's rather annoying, my cook aren't good as a doc, so they can't do it, but if I let my healer cook they will cook normal food too - even more annoying.

silverskin

What's wrong with the Medium Heaters? They're terrible. It seems to take about 4 of them to do the heating work of 1 Small Heater.
And as each Medium Heater uses twice the power of a Small Heater, it's woefully inefficient.

I even tried tweaking the heating values and it doesn't seem to have made much difference.
It's a shame, since they look better and save space.

Owlchemist

There will be a more "formal" announcement of this mod later, but for those who aren't in the discord server and may not know, there is now a new flavor of HCSK available. I call it Survival HardcoreSK

It is designed for people who use the vanilla storytellers instead of the new custom HCSK storytellers. This is because much of HCSK's balance direction is expecting you'll be playing a more combat-focused game that the custom storytellers provide, whereas the vanilla storytellers are more survival focused.

So if you want something that's a bit closer to the vanilla experience, but with HCSK's features and expanded progression line and deeper production chains, feel free to try it out, it could use some more play testers.

Aside from balance changes, it also includes some of my own brand of polish such as rewritten descriptions to better covey the purpose of things to the player (like for example all the many different meal types you can make).

Download and instructions are here

Sebrian

Hey there guys, thanks for the awesome modpack yet again, don't seem to be having any major issues but seems like the nanite shields and Embrasures/Sand bags are pretty broken, might be due to changes in cl ? Neither of them block any shots anymore, it's pretty much like standing without any cover.

InsKill

Small suggestion: insert wich ammo uses each weapon in description of all firearms. Becouse in case of use the PreparedCarefully and change loadout, I can take a gun, but don't know what ammo use that gun. OK, I looked on wiki, but why, if 10-15 letters can solve that problem?

Sorry for bad english.

schlauewurst

It there a Way to get Superior Crafting ONLY for RimWorld 16?